Vegetarians

Chicofan

Now as previously mentioned on another I have nothing against vegetarians...but there are a few things that do annoy me about the whole veggie..vegan and whatever else there is out there!

Firstly! why is it that veggies who hate/disagree with eating meat then feast there jaws round Quorn sausages and other veggie varieties that are in fact shaped like cuts of meat??

Secondly what are people that eat chicken and fish but don't eat red meat...not very sincere in any case whatever they are called???

Do total vegetarians or if there is another name? vegan?? not sure but anyway do they wear leather shoes etc??

And just a final point do all vegetarians wear glasses???

Not meaning to offend..just a couple of things that were stuck in the back of my mind!

Firstly, this is for protein.Secondly, these people are called carnivores.

The do total vegetarians bit makes no sense.

Vegetarians don't all wear glasses (I don't) but we tend to be smarter than non-vegetarians. This is because you are stupid ****wit neanderthals who are not as evolved as us.

they are in the shape of meat for protein :lol: so if i eat steak shaped potatoe that will give me more protein :thinking:

Firstly I should say I'm not a veggie. Quorn was actually originally produced because decades ago they [who 'they' are, I'm not sure] predicted that there would be a worldwide protein shortage, and out of several moulds one that resembled the texture of chicken was chosen and produced. I suspect that this texture is much more palatable than others too.

And for those who don't consume red-meat, you can call them pollotarians (chicken/poultry) or pescetarians (fish). I really don't get any of these diets. I can understand vegetarians making a moral decision not to eat meat, but I don't understand people who decide that chicken and fish aren't meat and eat them but call themselves vegetarians. The fact that Catholics can't eat meat on Friday's, so have fish suppers instead baffles me.

Firstly I should say I'm not a veggie. Quorn was actually originally produced because decades ago they [who 'they' are, I'm not sure] predicted that there would be a worldwide protein shortage, and out of several moulds one that resembled the texture of chicken was chosen and produced. I suspect that this texture is much more palatable than others too.

And for those who don't consume red-meat, you can call them pollotarians (chicken/poultry) or pescetarians (fish). I really don't get any of these diets. I can understand vegetarians making a moral decision not to eat meat, but I don't understand people who decide that chicken and fish aren't meat and eat them but call themselves vegetarians. The fact that Catholics can't eat meat on Friday's, so have fish suppers instead baffles me.

Careful Twinny - the Anti-Dallas-Thistle-Forum-Swiss-Guards will be upon you for making mythically bigoted statements!!! :thumbsup2:

I am a fish vegetarian, because coastal fishery is sustainable while stock farm production endangers the survival of the human civilisation.

Can you please flesh out your idea emboldened statement above for me - you have triggered my scientific interest and i would like some well reasoned justification from you that doesn't involve capitalist conspiracies or people's republic revolutions.

Can you please flesh out your idea emboldened statement above for me - you have triggered my scientific interest and i would like some well reasoned justification from you that doesn't involve capitalist conspiracies or people's republic revolutions.

Stock farm production endangers the survival of the human civilisation.

For example, 1kg beef requires 12kg corn/grain. If we eat corn/grain not beef, the earth can feed 30000000000 people. You can get information from the websites of various organisations like the International Vegetarian Union.

Mmmm ... I'm afraid you were initially talking about farmed fish causing planetary extinction but have contrived to answer about corn/grain production and space for 30 billion veggies on the planet (help ma boab) if we stop eating beef.

Can you explain what type of beefy fish you are mumbling about. Do go on!

Mmmm ... I'm afraid you were initially talking about farmed fish causing planetary extinction but have contrived to answer about corn/grain production and space for 30 billion veggies on the planet (help ma boab) if we stop eating beef.

Can you explain what type of beefy fish you are mumbling about. Do go on!

I eat various fish, but I do not know their English names I'm afraid.

However, one thing can be said. Even cultured fish production is not destructive for our future. While 1kg beef requires 12kg grain, 1kg fish only require 2kg grain. To stop eating beef/pork/chicken and changing to fish is ecologically and morally correct.

I eat various fish, but I do not know their English names I'm afraid.

However, one thing can be said. Even cultured fish production is not destructive for our future. While 1kg beef requires 12kg grain, 1kg fish only require 2kg grain. To stop eating beef/pork/chicken and changing to fish is ecologically and morally correct.

You don't half talk some bollox!

I have no problems with vegetarians. People are entitled to eat what they like. However, I have one gripe, and it is this. When I invite people to my house, I will cater for their dietary requirements. This courtesy, however, is rarely reciprocated, and I am compelled to eat vegetarian food when visiting their homes. Is this fair?

I have no problems with vegetarians. People are entitled to eat what they like. However, I have one gripe, and it is this. When I invite people to my house, I will cater for their dietary requirements. This courtesy, however, is rarely reciprocated, and I am compelled to eat vegetarian food when visiting their homes. Is this fair?

I think you'll find that most veggie/vegan birds will happily sook a boaby but nawwwww they'll no put a sausage in their mouths. The hypocrites! Next time you're at a dinner party thrown by a cardboard-shoe and hemp-skirt wearing tree-hugger feel free to raise this conundrum - they'll soon come up with a sizzling steak on your plate. If they don't then tell them their salad's shegite and pull out a pack of beef jerky and munch it :thumbsup2:

I think you'll find that most veggie/vegan birds will happily sook a boaby but nawwwww they'll no put a sausage in their mouths. The hypocrites! Next time you're at a dinner party thrown by a cardboard-shoe and hemp-skirt wearing tree-hugger feel free to raise this conundrum - they'll soon come up with a sizzling steak on your plate. If they don't then tell them their salad's shegite and pull out a pack of beef jerky and munch it :thumbsup2:

I feel a "let's talk about vegetarian mass murderers" thread coming on... No football so let's cheer up Saturday! :thumbsup2:

I'm all for vegetables so long as they have a 20 oz juicy rib eye steak on the side :)

No one has yet answered my question as why these Quorn thingies are in the shape of meat surely they should be in the shape of a carrot or something??

Feel sorry for the veggies on Come Dine With Me..is the same old pi sh they get served up every week..goats cheese..Mozarrella Salad..feckin chickpeas and stuffed Peppers/Mushrooms!!

Yes, because you probably served them up some kind of inedible sludge, and/or nut roast.