Team For Dungfermline

1 John Lambie

And with the Hundee deduction factored in, we're joint sixth on points. :happy2:

Or maybe not ... have you seen this bit of arrant nonsense?

I said this before and I'll say it again ... the administrators for Dundee are acting as if only Dundee's needs counted and not anyone else's.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I said this before and I'll say it again ... the administrators for Dundee are acting as if only Dundee's needs counted and not anyone else's.

Where does he get this myth that the cheats have the biggest travelling support in the SFL?

Back on topic, 100% respect for the Jags fans who travelled to EEP last night. Sounds like we got a decent performance too.

Absolutely delighted with the performance last night and I think McCall deserves quite a bit of praise. We set out with one objective last night and acheived it, we might even have nicked the game.

I think we are starting to see the benefits of bringing in the 'old crocks' - Kinniburgh and Balatoni were superb last night and you can bet your bottom dollar that Jackie Mac was talking them through the whole match.

If we had had a better first quarter, we would be in with the chance of a promo push with a good second half to the season.

brilliant result tonight, we could have done with a ross county morton draw right enough but its a point i thought we would never get. a point on saturday would do me.

ptfc ptfc ok!

While we may have played a bit better last night (I wasn't there), a glance at the league table shows just how our expectations have fallen since coming second to St Johnstone a couple of seasons ago.

We may be grateful at getting a draw at EEP, but in the cold light of the day we're still the meat in the sandwich between Stirling, Morton and Cowdenbeath - as opposed to setting the pace as part of the top 3 or 4. We should be looking to beat the likes of Falkirk.

I really hope we push on from here - since that cup defeat to Dundee United, 2010 has been pretty much a nightmare on and off the pitch. We need to make 2011 a better one ! :thumbsup2:

While we may have played a bit better last night (I wasn't there), a glance at the league table shows just how our expectations have fallen since coming second to St Johnstone a couple of seasons ago.

We may be grateful at getting a draw at EEP, but in the cold light of the day we're still the meat in the sandwich between Stirling, Morton and Cowdenbeath - as opposed to setting the pace as part of the top 3 or 4. We should be looking to beat the likes of Falkirk.

I really hope we push on from here - since that cup defeat to Dundee United, 2010 has been pretty much a nightmare on and off the pitch. We need to make 2011 a better one ! :thumbsup2:

I've seen us play a lot worse and get three points. The main thing to take out the last couple of games is that extra bit of bottle we've shown.

Good teams have been relegated from Div 1 for lacking the grit and determination. I'd rather we were examples of a poorer team with the backbone to stay up.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Absolutely. And this piece of unblemished arrogance..."Jackson also confirmed that, should Dundee lose their appeal, they will automatically ask the SFA to adjudicate." ...makes you despise them - if you didn't already. :angry:

Absolutely. And this piece of unblemished arrogance..."Jackson also confirmed that, should Dundee lose their appeal, they will automatically ask the SFA to adjudicate." ...makes you despise them - if you didn't already. :angry:

I despise Dundee but Jackson has a point about being tried by those who benefit from their punishment. At the same time I also despise the idea that clubs with little or no ambition prop up the SFL with it's inane 3 x 10 club leagues and more significantly no demotion from the SFL. In other words the SFL are self serving, incompetent or imo both.

The very fact that the SFL has no statutory and scaled penalty for entering administration, and the length of time in administration, shows the level of incompetence in that organistion.

Whatever anyone feels about how Dundee have cheated doesn't take away from the fact they are getting judged and sentenced by incompetents. I can't fault Jackson for highlighting this.

I despise Dundee but Jackson has a point about being tried by those who benefit from their punishment. At the same time I also despise the idea that clubs with little or no ambition prop up the SFL with it's inane 3 x 10 club leagues and more significantly no demotion from the SFL. In other words the SFL are self serving, incompetent or imo both.

The very fact that the SFL has no statutory and scaled penalty for entering administration, and the length of time in administration, shows the level of incompetence in that organistion.

Whatever anyone feels about how Dundee have cheated doesn't take away from the fact they are getting judged and sentenced by incompetents. I can't fault Jackson for highlighting this.

I agree with all of that, l-i-b, but I was seeing it from the point of view that the cheating so and so's just seem to think they should ultimately be judged by a level of authority different to that which other miscreants face. In short, any old route to getting off lightly, as they see themselves as hard done by victims in all of this.

In the end, however, they might just find the SFA as capricious as any other level of authority. I very much hope so anyway.

I've seen us play a lot worse and get three points. The main thing to take out the last couple of games is that extra bit of bottle we've shown. Good teams have been relegated from Div 1 for lacking the grit and determination. I'd rather we were examples of a poorer team with the backbone to stay up.

For those of you who weren't there last night, the team did us proud. Plenty of fight, passion and determination in all parts of the field. Sure, they didn't all play briliantly (Hodge drifted in and out, and Cairney frustrated more often than not) but the only thing we lacked last night was the killer pass that would have given us a chance on goal. I couldn't tell you how many times we broke forward, only to make the wrong decision with our final ball. I honestly though it was going to be Buckies night when he came on.

Fox didn't have anything of note to do, but his handling and general decision making showed how crucial it is that we find a way to keep him at Firhill. I know we don't have much money but this (at worst) is a player that will make the club money in transfer fees, if we are able to permanently sign him, so could even be justified that way. I assume something is close to being done, if we've told Bryn that he's free to go.

Last season, when we played this well, we lost 1-0. A point away is wecome, as long as we can build on it in our coming games.