Wintergills

kearny_jag

My first and last time in there....got in just after the game and the barmaid behind the bar told me I needed to put my Scarf in my pocket. Ok fair do's I thought. Then a group of 6 or so tims came in with scarfs and cfc hoodies etc on and the same wee troll greets then with a kiss on the cheek and never once mentions putting the scarfs away. We left and headed for Tennents...much more jags friendly.

On a positive note...first game ive been home for this year and not as bad as I'd expected. At least we're good at playing sideyways.

My first and last time in there....got in just after the game and the barmaid behind the bar told me I needed to put my Scarf in my pocket. Ok fair do's I thought. Then a group of 6 or so tims came in with scarfs and cfc hoodies etc on and the same wee troll greets then with a kiss on the cheek and never once mentions putting the scarfs away. We left and headed for Tennents...much more jags friendly.

On a positive note...first game ive been home for this year and not as bad as I'd expected. At least we're good at playing sideyways.

Did you not say anything to the barmaid when this happend?

LOL aye possibly

That is sad to hear. I remember being in there when Jim Brogan (the former Celtic player) managed Wintersgills. He did for several years, including the 90s, and I remember being in there at the bar, Jags scarves in pocket but not exactly invisible, when a drunk guy came up beside us and ordered a pint. Jim handed it over, the guy picked it up and said something like "it's great to be in a good Cellic pub". Jim Brogan took the pint back off him and said "Out. There's none of that in here" and refused to give the pint back, so the guy left, shamefaced. That's a favourite memory, but sadly Jim Brogan is no longer in charge there, clearly.

We'd go in with scarves on, and take them off, to respect that. Sometimes we'd fold them up and put them on the bar. Never a problem. A basic old school bar but it served good cheap pints and was a no a bad place to watch the football. Then anyway. Sounds like it's succumbed.

Jeezo, I don't go in there very often, now I'm never going in there.

Been going there since before I moved south in 92 and it's still my mates' before and after match haunt. With Jim Brogan being the landlord there was always going to be a certain bias from the regulars, which still exists - but to be fair, I've never ever seen any bother or animosity there and I've never been challenged and I always wear Jags tshirts/hoody (not replica tops) to the gemme. Good pub with good prices too IMO. Brogan always supported the Jagspot when it was running and had notices up for it too.

Been going there since before I moved south in 92 and it's still my mates' before and after match haunt. With Jim Brogan being the landlord there was always going to be a certain bias from the regulars, which still exists - but to be fair, I've never ever seen any bother or animosity there and I've never been challenged and I always wear Jags tshirts/hoody (not replica tops) to the gemme. Good pub with good prices too IMO. Brogan always supported the Jagspot when it was running and had notices up for it too.

I used to play sunday pub league football at glasgow green when I was about 20 & brogans pub at Eglinton Toll was in the league. He played for them & was a real character & seemed like a decent bloke