Jt Board Minutes

stolenscone

Following the "Match Programme" thread, I was interested enough to find out what the Trust had been discussing over the past few months. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't see any board minutes since August on the website.

Would someone from the Trust board be able to provide a short update of what was discussed / what action the Trust has planned in the forthcoming weeks and months? We haven't really had any communication from the Trust since Martin resigned 8 weeks ago, other than to announce the co-optees and a short introduction from Doug Rimmer. So folks, what's the scoop?

Thanks in advance.

its pretty obvious that these guys are under pressure .

and since yous guys jump ship its all down to one man at the moment

you never know, if the trust get there act in order it might all come back and haunt them that joined the dark side

I don't really follow your post, glasgow boy. What is the "dark side" that you speak of?!? There are 8 or 9 folk on the Trust board, so I don't understand your reference to "one man" either.

Anyway, my intention isn't really to heap pressure on the Trust board members - I know that it's a pretty thankless task - but rather to get a bit of positive discussion going about what is actually being done. In the absence of any communication, it looks as though nothing is happening, and I'm sure that's not the case.

Edited by stolenscone

its pretty obvious that these guys are under pressure .

and since yous guys jump ship its all down to one man at the moment

you never know, if the trust get there act in order it might all come back and haunt them that joined the dark side

Under so much pressure that those of us who are members have heard absolutely nothing from the JT - whether that be anything on the JT website or through the match programme - since Beattie said we need to raise £100k for the club?

It's not too much to ask to keep members informed with what the JT board are actually doing.

I look forward to seeing Darth Vader selling 50-50 tickets at the next home game.

The JT, like the Death Star, will implode and be no more one day, sense in my old bones, i do.

The JT (and PTFC to a similar extent) is already run like the Death Star.

The Death Star was designed to allow Emperor Palpatine to more directly control the Galactic Empire through fear.

One Death Star was completely built by the Empire, with the second one never reaching full completion.

Both Death Stars were destroyed by the Rebel Alliance shortly after they became operational.

Many parallels there is, and to be learned by history, the only thing us Jags fans are awaiting to appear is the Rebel Alliance, united by the Force (of the full Jags support).

Edited by yoda-jag

i see your little band of stormtroopers have marched to your defence again

you left the trust so why stir up trouble at every opportunity

as for Darth Vader selling 50/50 tickets asked yourselves this question

who took the responsibility away from the last 50/50 ticket sellers

and left the club with no one to sell them

i see your little band of stormtroopers have marched to your defence again

you left the trust so why stir up trouble at every opportunity

as for Darth Vader selling 50/50 tickets asked yourselves this question

who took the responsibility away from the last 50/50 ticket sellers

and left the club with no one to sell them

Since you haven't bothered to answer my questions or make yourself any clearer, I must assume that you're engaged in trolling. Not to worry.

I hope that others can engage in a more positive and constructive discussion about what is actually going on. I hope that this thread can offer those on the Trust board an opportunity to let us know what's been happening for the last couple of months. I'm a paid up member of the Trust, and I think it's a fair question to ask.

Edited by stolenscone

Following the "Match Programme" thread, I was interested enough to find out what the Trust had been discussing over the past few months. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't see any board minutes since August on the website.

Would someone from the Trust board be able to provide a short update of what was discussed / what action the Trust has planned in the forthcoming weeks and months? We haven't really had any communication from the Trust since Martin resigned 8 weeks ago, other than to announce the co-optees and a short introduction from Doug Rimmer. So folks, what's the scoop?

Thanks in advance.

i'd expect something like this...

the board minutes from the last few meetings should have been up on the website by now - it's a bad habit to get into and we'll look to correct that as quickly as possible.

i'd expect something like this...

It's not really about the minutes, PT - let's face it, they're not eagerly anticipated, so if they happen to be late in being written up and posted, then I don't consider that to be a huge problem, provided other stuff is getting done and we're kept informed. It just happens to be where I looked first for an update.

I was only hoping to get a quick synopsis: "This is what we've done / this is what we're doing / this is what we've got planned."

It's not really about the minutes, PT - let's face it, they're not eagerly anticipated, so if they happen to be late in being written up and posted, then I don't consider that to be a huge problem, provided other stuff is getting done and we're kept informed. It just happens to be where I looked first for an update.

I was only hoping to get a quick synopsis: "This is what we've done / this is what we're doing / this is what we've got planned."

I know communication has never exactly been the Trust's strong point, but in almost all circumstances (there are exceptions...) some is better than none at all.

As someone who is still a member of the Jags Trust, and as a Thistle fan, I want to know:

1. Has the Trust been in direct contact with those running the Club in the last 2 months?

2. If so, what issues have been raised?

3. Have they discussed how to help the Club plug the £50k funding gap?

4. Has the Trust done, or is it doing anything, at the moment to energise its members and the dwindling fanbase to do something constructive to assist the Club with its immediate and long-term problems?

5. How do the Trust intend to improve communication with the fans? Do they have anything to communicate at all? Are the reported bundle of membership pack issues being resolved (I know of at least 2 people whose money has been taken by the Trust PayPal account, but who have yet to receive any membership pack)?

David, please try and calm down a bit, these posts of yours are just coming across as a tad antagonistic. You took your ball away to play with the big boys on the other side of the park. Fine, but let some of us try and tidy up the mess up that was left behind. I've been on the Trust long enough for one meeting and I'm sure the minutes of it will get up there eventually. What have we done? - we discussed some ideas for fundraising for the Club, and hopefully we will all be able to feedback on them soon. Sorry if this appears particularly grumpy but I'm not really in the mood for this kind of goading, it's a bit exhausting. You'll see something soon is all I can say, but you of all people should understand the pace of things.

As an aside, I had sent fundraising ideas to two Directors of PTFC before I even joined the Trust and haven't yet been dignified with even an acknowledgement of them, so as I'm sure you can appreciate, communication around Firhill is in general is tediously slow. If I can get anything moving even an ickle, teeny weeny slightly faster via the Trust (even if that is still extremely slowly) then so be it.

David, please try and calm down a bit, these posts of yours are just coming across as a tad antagonistic. You took your ball away to play with the big boys on the other side of the park. Fine, but let some of us try and tidy up the mess up that was left behind. I've been on the Trust long enough for one meeting and I'm sure the minutes of it will get up there eventually. What have we done? - we discussed some ideas for fundraising for the Club, and hopefully we will all be able to feedback on them soon. Sorry if this appears particularly grumpy but I'm not really in the mood for this kind of goading, it's a bit exhausting. You'll see something soon is all I can say, but you of all people should understand the pace of things.

As an aside, I had sent fundraising ideas to two Directors of PTFC before I even joined the Trust and haven't yet been dignified with even an acknowledgement of them, so as I'm sure you can appreciate, communication around Firhill is in general is tediously slow. If I can get anything moving even an ickle, teeny weeny slightly faster via the Trust (even if that is still extremely slowly) then so be it.

Bob - there really is no attempt to antagonise or goad here. I think that the questions are reasonable and I have certainly tried to put them across in an even and balanced way. If it came across otherwise, then that certainly wasn't my intention. It has been +7 weeks, though Bob, and the silence is deafening so far.

I had hoped for a bit of constructive and positive discussion on the kind of things that the trust is doing and what folk can do to support the club. It seems that is too much to ask for, so I'll retire from the thread for now.

Guys, give the Jags Trust board a break.

They are the custodians of one million Thistle shares. Every day they have a look to see if they are still in a safe place, and they are.

I think it is being a bit unrealistic to expect them to have time to do anything else. You never know when they might need to grab these certificates and spring to the defence of the supporters.

• Members

Personally I think the ball is firmly in the Club's court at the moment. They have been saying for a few weeks now that there is a shortfall of around £100k for the remainder of the season, however they have plans to address it. If they've contacted the Trust to let them know what the grand plan is, the Trust can be held to account for not communicating, however, if the Club haven't contacted them, they are the ones held to account. For me, the Club have to involve everyone in their plans, whether they agree with their means to an end or not at this time.

Everyone will have a chance to help out one way or another very soon I suspect and then will be a better time to make judgements.

Personally I think the ball is firmly in the Club's court at the moment. They have been saying for a few weeks now that there is a shortfall of around £100k for the remainder of the season, however they have plans to address it. If they've contacted the Trust to let them know what the grand plan is, the Trust can be held to account for not communicating, however, if the Club haven't contacted them, they are the ones held to account. For me, the Club have to involve everyone in their plans, whether they agree with their means to an end or not at this time.

Everyone will have a chance to help out one way or another very soon I suspect and then will be a better time to make judgements.

Heads need bashed together from all sides, no question. The Club Board needs to be involving anyone who can turn a shift in the bigger machine that is PTFC. The cogs need to show they're ready to turn, though, and preferably in the right direction.

[/ends shitey metaphor]

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Anyway, my intention isn't really to heap pressure on the Trust board members

It certainly doesn't seem so, particularly in light of your comments regarding the christmas cards, too. Perhaps that's down to you being so close to the subject. The current board has a lot on it's plate, some would argue of its on making, and it's clearly a critical time for both it and the club. I mean, how long did it take you and the old board to 'turn things around'?

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Hi Jags Trust Board. I used to be a member but resigned. Now I post open ended questions of nothingness for all to see instead of contacting you directly and trying to progress any issues in an effective and efficient manner. It's good to get my ill feeling out in the open by pretending I am interested but instead causing a bit of a scene especially during Christmas/New Year period where practically everyone shuts down for the year. Disclaimer: This is my translation of the original posting.

Hi Jags Trust Board. I used to be a member but resigned. Now I post open ended questions of nothingness for all to see instead of contacting you directly and trying to progress any issues in an effective and efficient manner. It's good to get my ill feeling out in the open by pretending I am interested but instead causing a bit of a scene especially during Christmas/New Year period where practically everyone shuts down for the year. Disclaimer: This is my translation of the original posting.

When I read the initial post I did think that this is how it would read to some people, and in that respect was possibly ill-advised.

However, I do think that what is being asked for is legitimate - any paid up member of the Jags Trust is surely able to ask, in the absence of proper minutes and the usual JT column in the programme, what the JT board have been discussing/progressing recently. In fact, as the supporters organisation, i'd even go as far as arguing that any supporter, paid up or not has the right to ask. Would the reaction to the IP have been different if it had been made by a 'normal' JT member and not by someone recently resigned from the JT board?

If the only reason we didn't have a JT column was a genuine mix up over who was dealing with it that week, then I assume they would have had something to put in the column. Why not just share that with us?

Edited by MerryHell

It certainly doesn't seem so, particularly in light of your comments regarding the christmas cards, too. Perhaps that's down to you being so close to the subject. The current board has a lot on it's plate, some would argue of its on making, and it's clearly a critical time for both it and the club. I mean, how long did it take you and the old board to 'turn things around'?

Adam - in answer to your question, I couldn't. I certainly won't hold it against others if they don't succeed, just as I don't hold it against those who went before me. I'm not sure that it can be fixed in its present format - something about it seems to stilfe meaningful and sustained progress - but I hope that I'm wrong. I had hoped to cajole some positive discussion about pro-active plans, but that clearly hasn't worked. The alternative is to let the whole thing drift until it becomes a complete irrelevance, but since we're talking about our own fans' association, that seems perverse. Anyways, you asked a specific question of me, and I've answered as best I can. I said that I'd leave the thread alone and I will.