Bairns V Partick, Scot Cup 8/1/11

comeonyebairns

Wasn't impressed by that Higginbotham last time we played. Flynn is an excellent player at this level though and can see him causing problems.

We've been fairly solid at the back but can't score. I reckon it'll be 1-0 to Falkirk as much as I'd love us to get it up Pressley.

flynn was decent in spl last season too so cant see him staying long, higgy sh*t in midfield but done ok up front saturday albeit vs 2 flu victims

If it ends up a draw I don't want a repeat of the 1990/91 replay at Brockville. Bobby Law sent off and then failing to even reach extra time despite leading 1-0 going into the last minute!! (and there on the box for all to see again on Sportscene when we got home). <_<

The first game in that tie which was 0-0 at Firhill was one of the most entertaining goalless draws I've seen.

Not really a fan of the Cup nowadays and looking at the draw there seem to be an awful lot of predictable ties - OK there might be a few "shocks" but I suspect the following might happen (teams in bold going through!!)...................

Aberdeen v East Fife,

Dundee Utd v Ross County

Falkirk v Partick Thistle

Hamilton v Alloa

Hibernian v Ayr

Inverness CT v Elgin

Montrose v Dunfermline

Morton v Airdrie Utd

Queen of South v Brechin

St Mirren v Peterhead

Stenhousemuir/ Threave Rovers v Stranraer

Dundee v Motherwell

Hearts v St Johnstone

East Stirling v Buckie Thistle

Berwick v Celtic

Rangers v Kilmarnock

....We've been fairly solid at the back but can't score. I reckon it'll be 1-0 to Falkirk as much as I'd love us to get it up Pressley.

Of course! That's the long-term gameplan: offer a bare win to Falkirk so that Pressley's public comments become even more obviously detached from reality, and Falkirk FC's morale sinks into the frozen wastes of Westfield. We also have an agent sent back to be grumpy and demoralising in his own right. One more potential competitor sorted! :D

Not really a fan of the Cup nowadays and looking at the draw there seem to be an awful lot of predictable ties - OK there might be a few "shocks" but I suspect the following might happen (teams in bold going through!!)...................

Aberdeen v East Fife,

Dundee Utd v Ross County

Falkirk v Partick Thistle

Hamilton v Alloa

Hibernian v Ayr

Inverness CT v Elgin

Montrose v Dunfermline

Morton v Airdrie Utd

Queen of South v Brechin

St Mirren v Peterhead

Dundee v Motherwell

Hearts v St Johnstone

East Stirling v Buckie Thistle

Berwick v Celtic

Rangers v Kilmarnock

I'm tipping Alloa, Peterhead and Brechin to be the surprise winners this round.

I heard about Threave Rovers for the first time. I visited their website, but they are not selling their shirts.

By the way I do not hope our cup progress so much. I think that the team should concentrate in the league survival and a higher position.

Edited by sigesige00