Just In...

The Earl of Hathaway

Played pretty well overall tonight. I missed Liam's goal because those amateurs at Falkirk only decided to open 2 turnstiles resulting in a 10 minute wait to get in. Their first was pretty good, close control in the box and poked it past Foxy. We came out all guns blazing in the second half and wasted loads of corners and good opportunities to put the game beyond falkirk.....and then we were a goal down. That looked like it until Fraser on as a sub clipped the ball into the box for Doolan to put it over the Falkirk keeper.

Rowson was back to his old self tonight, and overall we looked quite up for the physical side of it. Donnelly and Buchanan wasted a lot of balls and Erskine didn't really get a sniff. Cairney was terrierish, and the defence looked pretty solid, although a bit one paced - particularly against their number 7. A draw was probably a fair result, but we really should have punished them in the second half so we didn't need the replay....

Ah well....

The first half was absolutely dire, we did nothing except score, but the second half was better, we deserved a replay and could even have won it if we had made more of the promising attacks we had. It was my first game since August but Cairney and Hodge seem lacking in confidence and too eager too offload the ball rather than take a touch and drive forward. Rowson, though, had a storming game, he was the best player on the pitch apart from their number 10, whoever he was.

Fantastic finish from Doolan too, great first touch.

Enjoyed the game tonight although the late equaliser helped enormously. Thought we played pretty well at times. No doubt that t*t pressley will be moaning about the penalty they never got--looked a stonewaller and a possible sending off for Fox to me We had a good few chances at 1-1 to put the game beyond Falkirk. Overall a draw was a fair result thought Rowson was excellent tonight. Also thought there number 4 had an excellent game

Edited by Jaggyman

For what it's worth, in the 1st half, I was sitting right in front of the Falkirk fans behind the goal. From the full length of the pitch away, I could hear the Jags troops singing almost non-stop. A big well done, lads and lassies. Pics up tomorrow cause I'm just home, frozen and knackered. Both goals captured, and big smiles from young Shaun Fraser - well done to him and Doolan for the equaliser.

Great entertainment tonight. I think a draw was a fair result. I felt we sat back to much after scoring first which led to us conceding. Bad defending for their second goal, we should have cleared it. Was really impressed by rowson tonight, he had lots of energy and tackled well. Great substitution by McCall, puting shaun fraser on. Good cross by him for doolan to score. Looks like another youngster that has a good future. Delighted that we are still in the cup, since we looked finished with 10 minutes to go. We have a great chance back at firhill. Mon the jags.

First time I've felt impelled to post in a while but I'm a bit tired and I've had a pint so here's my tuppence worth.

I felt we could have and should have finished them off in the second half. Like many, I missed Liams goal but regardless of what becomes of Liam for the rest of the season I'm glad he got a goal tonight. Worked hard and covered a lot of ground chasing all over the pitch.

Sid had at least 2 opportunities where he had a clear shot at goal and for whatever reason tried to play that extra pass too much.

I'm a huge fan of Sid. I think he's technically one of the best players we've had in a long time, but he showed tonight what a lot of have known for a while. He's not got that strikers eye for goal. He's not selfish enough. Just shoot Sid!!

Doolan has that strikers instinct however. Great finsh from Doolan tonight from a great cross from Shaun Frazer. Doolan must start the next game.

Rower was great, a huge presence in midfield and looked dangerous bursting forward.

Proud to be a Jags fan!

Can't wait to hear Pressleys excuses

Enjoyed the game tonight although the late equaliser helped enormously. Thought we played pretty well at times. No doubt that t*t pressley will be moaning about the penalty they never got--looked a stonewaller and a possible sending off for Fox to me We had a good few chances at 1-1 to put the game beyond Falkirk. Overall a draw was a fair result thought Rowson was excellent tonight. Also thought there number 4 had an excellent game

I got the impression that the ball was sailing into the stand when Fox challenged the Falkirk player. That's just my own view but I didn't hear a lot of sighs of relief around me either. Just didn't get the impression of a big let off.

As for the game itself I thought a draw about the right result. My big problem with the three centreback set up is not the system as such but the fact that none of them (and you can add Robbo & Balatoni to the list) is comfortable in an attacking role. That's not a criticism of the players, their first duty is to defend, it's just if we had someone like Scott Paterson we could turn defence into attack so much easier.

Falkirk's second looked like it took a deflection but whatever it was a cruel body blow coming so quickly after we had Falkirk on the back foot when we forced all those corners.

Btw great debut for Shaun Fraser. He could only have been on a minute when he made the goal for Doolan.

"We knew that Thistle would sit in and make it difficult for us."

"We've only played twice in 9 weeks."

Pressley really is a ****** of the highest order.

Listening to Allan Preston on the radio, he said Thistle were dominating the game in the first half when we were playing with 3 centre halves. We were hardly sitting in when we went to a flat back 4 and when we put an extra striker on for a midflelder later in the game.

Quip of the night for me was

"El Hadji Diouf you're a Pressley, you're a Pressley

El Hadji Diouf you're a Pressley, you're a Pressley"

Impressed by those who lead the singing too.

Loved the balloons, pies and bovril and parking on the ice rink outside for £4.

£5 for the Calendar too so £30 for a great night out. Entertaining stuff with lots of might have beens

What a great strip we have. It positively shines under floodlights.

Roll on next week.

Happy Clappy

I got the impression that the ball was sailing into the stand when Fox challenged the Falkirk player. That's just my own view but I didn't hear a lot of sighs of relief around me either. Just didn't get the impression of a big let off.

What no one has mentioned about their penalty appeal is that we should have had a free kick on the run up to that move - bit of a two footed lunge from the Falkirk player

from the other side of the fence, I think u guys are being a bit generous after this one. McCall did his homework and knew how to play us, especially after he howked that dud McNamara. ur players worked hard all night and we were lucky to get the draw

Steven1876 it was a stone wall pen - they both were - so which one do u mean ;) but I dont remember the 2 footed lunge u mention (typical falkirk bias :P) Will watch the highlights later 4 that.

Anyone any idea what the ref was doing when he wouldnt let Mark Stewart (Falkirk no 7) back on the park for 2 mins after he had gone off to change his boots?

Btw think urself lucky - we are having to watch all that back passing sh!t every week. Just surprised McCall has been the 1st one to suss it.

from the other side of the fence, I think u guys are being a bit generous after this one. McCall did his homework and knew how to play us, especially after he howked that dud McNamara. ur players worked hard all night and we were lucky to get the draw

Steven1876 it was a stone wall pen - they both were - so which one do u mean ;) but I dont remember the 2 footed lunge u mention (typical falkirk bias :P) Will watch the highlights later 4 that.

Anyone any idea what the ref was doing when he wouldnt let Mark Stewart (Falkirk no 7) back on the park for 2 mins after he had gone off to change his boots?Btw think urself lucky - we are having to watch all that back passing sh!t every week. Just surprised McCall has been the 1st one to suss it.

They had be checked to make sure they were safe to wear, obviously this couldn't be done until the ball was out of play allowing the ref/assistant to make the check. Loved it that no-one of your fans know the rules!

EDITED: Beaten to it...

Edited by jags365

Is that the same Mark Stewart who was one of our youth team about 5 or 6 years ago ?

yes think he also played a handful of games for you

(edit - oops beaten to it by GrantB)

Btw Stewarts boots were checked long before by the linesman and as far as I remember werent checked again when he ran on to the pitch no was the linesman consulted again. Just seemed daft but one of those things

Edited by orion

yes think he also played a handful of games for you

(edit - oops beaten to it by GrantB)

Btw Stewarts boots were checked long before by the linesman and as far as I remember werent checked again when he ran on to the pitch no was the linesman consulted again. Just seemed daft but one of those things

The linesman checked his boots seconds before he was allowed back on.

Not saying the linesman didnt check them previously but dont think he would have if the play was continuing. He cant not keep up with the play in order to check someones boots surely?

You can't have players just coming on to the pitch whilst the ball's in play. If Falkirk wanted him on they should have put the ball out of play. They had the thing the whole time Stewart was waiting on the touchline.

Loved the balloons, pies and bovril and parking on the ice rink outside for £4.

I think my pie had been in the oven since Saturday. Worst I've had in living memory. The fact that it was about half the size of a proper pie was almost a blessing.

Modern stadium, modern facilities and yet they can't serve edible food or even make a decent attempt at getting the fans into the ground before kick-off.

All that aside, still a good night. Second half was the best half of football we've seen for a wee while.

You can't have players just coming on to the pitch whilst the ball's in play. If Falkirk wanted him on they should have put the ball out of play. They had the thing the whole time Stewart was waiting on the touchline.

really? u mean all these refs waving players who have been treated for injury back on to the park are wrong? doh.gif