Cup Money

Auld Jag

I know that we havent made a fortune from the cup,but as all boards say that they budget for getting knocked out in the first round of cup competitions surely our we run in the cup has helped to make a dent in the 50k we need.Anybody any idea how much we have made so far and how much we could make at Perth?

Shit ! I put that in as a joke, assuming the ugly sisters would be on the box. Instead it's Aberdeen v Dunfermline. Bloody Pars are going to get more dosh.

Live games are:

Green Shit vs. Blue Shit

Aberdeen vs. Dunfermline

Hamilton vs. Dundee United

Uninspiring. Hope we can get past the Super J's and go on a wee cup run...

WillJag asked about the cup money making a dent in the £50k last night and was told no according to his post in another thread.

Why not? If so then what's the feckin point? We should have made something from the cup replay at least. Season ticket holders had to pay to get in, and there should be some prize money for making progress.

Of course a live on Sky is what you're hoping for, and/or the gruesome twosome, but there's got to be some reward beyond that.

• Members

Why not? If so then what's the feckin point? We should have made something from the cup replay at least. Season ticket holders had to pay to get in, and there should be some prize money for making progress.

Of course a live on Sky is what you're hoping for, and/or the gruesome twosome, but there's got to be some reward beyond that.

As I explained on the other thread, IM is hoping to use the proceeds to get Scott Fox signed up. Said at the time, it was the best answer we had heard all night.

We'll get 35% of the gate at Perth.

That's probably more than St Johnstone will net after they've paid off the Tayside Stasi and their Praetorian Guard.

Is it 35% of the gross gate take, or 35% nett after costs (including two highlighted by l-i-b ) deducted?

Be a big difference......

Edited by yoda-jag

Is it 35% of the gross gate take, or 35% nett after costs (including two highlighted by l-i-b ) deducted?

Be a big difference......

I actually thought the split was 60/40 but I stand corrected if it's 65/35. Whatever, as I understand it the home side gets the greater share of the gate money to take into account they pay policing, stewarding and normal costs of staging the match. So yes our share is nett (apart from VAT & travel costs etc)

I actually thought the split was 60/40 but I stand corrected if it's 65/35. Whatever, as I understand it the home side gets the greater share of the gate money to take into account they pay policing, stewarding and normal costs of staging the match. So yes our share is nett (apart from VAT & travel costs etc)

Don't you mean it's 35% of the gross?

As if the home side are paying policing, stewarding and normal costs of staging a match, i'd assume that comes out of 65% gross, would it not?

Otherwise, if it's 35% nett, it means the away team is paying a share of the costs?

(and for the record, i also believed it was 60/40, but took NS's statement to borne out of knowing for a fact it was 65/35.)

I always thought the split of the gate proceeds, weighted in favour of the home team was to ensure the standard costs of putting the match on (police, stewards, and other normal costs), resulted in approximately a 50/50 split of the nett proceeds for cup games.

I'm confused.com now.

As I explained on the other thread, IM is hoping to use the proceeds to get Scott Fox signed up. Said at the time, it was the best answer we had heard all night.

I'd agree with that. Also it fits in with them saying the board would be working to make up the difference. Seeing Fox sign would be a huge fillip to the club.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Ok, sorry. I must have missed that one. Let's hope it secures Scott Fox. Were they waiting to know if they got through before signing him, which is why he just extended until the end of the month? If so, what would have happened if they'd gone out?

We can only hope it works out as we hope, but I'd say it's been a good start to the year. I'm hoping it turns out to be a good and pivotal year.

Don't you mean it's 35% of the gross?

As if the home side are paying policing, stewarding and normal costs of staging a match, i'd assume that comes out of 65% gross, would it not?

Otherwise, if it's 35% nett, it means the away team is paying a share of the costs?

(and for the record, i also believed it was 60/40, but took NS's statement to borne out of knowing for a fact it was 65/35.)

I always thought the split of the gate proceeds, weighted in favour of the home team was to ensure the standard costs of putting the match on (police, stewards, and other normal costs), resulted in approximately a 50/50 split of the nett proceeds for cup games.

I'm confused.com now.

I'm way ahead of myself but I wonder if we took St Johnstone to a replay, what would the chances be of getting a tv deal for the replay? That would be handy.

Dare to dream, though I'd rather win.