Queen Of The South

I see rumours are beginning to circulate re. Queens financial state. Nothing confirmed yet, but an announcement is expected to be made this week via the local newspaper. Some fans, in the meantime, have set established a Save our South campaign via Facebook. A worrying time for many clubs...

I see rumours are beginning to circulate re. Queens financial state. Nothing confirmed yet, but an announcement is expected to be made this week via the local newspaper. Some fans, in the meantime, have set established a Save our South campaign via Facebook. A worrying time for many clubs...

Not good news, Queens are a decent family club with a long history. But probably the first of many others a midges ba hair away from raising a 'help' banner. Scottish football needs to take a good hard look at itself. 10 team top leagues and McCliches report will do nothing to stop good, well-established lower league teams going to the wall.

Sadly I'm sure you're right. They won't be alone. At least our problems are out in the open, hopefully. There must be others just hanging on, maybe very near the brink.

Our game is collapsing. Is anybody up there listening? Nah, thought not.

Ah, well, nothing to it then.

Some fans noted that they may have a cash-flow problem due to postponements. They have played only 15 games, the lowest in the league. The banks have little money to lend to football clubs as they are already over-exposed. My guess is that the directors will keep them going with short-term personal loans.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they've got severe cash flow problems. They've not had a home league game since the middle of November with only a split gate small crowd cup match since.

I read something a while back about Rae threatening a return to part time football if their crowds didn't pick up. I would surmise that their surprise Cup exit will have exasperated the situation.

Think they've currently got the third best points per game ratio in the league so you would think their crowds should be reasonably healthy.

Just as a matter of coincidence we're supposed to be playing a reserve game against Queens tomorrow. Maybe a few loose tongues.....

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

According to my QoS mole, there's nothing in the rumours.

Keep your ear to the ground, won't you? B) Of course there's nothing in the rumours. Ten, twelve weeks ago people were wetting themselves about Thistle's money troubles, which were denied.

Then, in a rare outbreak of candour ...

Hope they go bust asap.Bunch of ********* with there stupid rattle :thumbdown:

and who ever posted this on there forum in our name jesus

Queen of the South are a proud part of Scottish football history and the doonhamers supporters are probably the best bunch of supporters in the country

ya crawler :puke: .Qos best supporters in scottish football Making a fool of our club :angry: Embarrassing our selfs sucking up to these diddy teams.How about we go on the whole hog and next time we play east stirling we insist on playing the champions league music and exchanging pennants on our knees.Have we got no self respect.We're far bigger than them always have been and always will be.Not even on our radar or worthy of a fleeting glance.Understanding the fact diddy teams need us and our away support.We don't need them

We're angelina jolie there ann widdecombe.There's only one way the flattery should be.Plus if anyone for one minute thinks Qos farmers are better supporters than us what the hell are you supporting thistle for.There bunch of woman n kids with rattles couldn't dream of creating some of the proper atmospheres we do.I've never heard a home atmosphere from them there pish.I actually think some of own supporters.Don't even like thistle they spend that much time mugging us off and bigging up other teams only support us out of habit ect.If i asked them to name five things they loved about thistle.They couldn't do it.

Edited by BermondseyBoy

:red_card:

were the dick campbell years not bad enough for you ? I am done being partick thistle nil the cuddly toy that team jim white n roger mitchell/lex gold takes the piss out of and duds like fulton use for a last payday

getting humped off utter shite like alloa n taking it like it's some sort of badge of honour that your a real football supporter rather than a waste of money and everyone's time while jokers like cowan n hughes dick campbell ruled the roost instead of being run out of town.

I don't want to go back to the 2nd division.I want into the spl and see all the kids in thistle jerseys.Thistle winning nothing is better than that.Just a shame some people are happy with us being utter crap n the butt of the joke aslong as we get a wee pat on the head from the media as being a wee nice club by patrotising dobbers n old firm supporters asking us who we really support

Ian McCall had it right and l am sure John Lambie would go further

I have a burning desire to do well here and make Partick Thistle successful. I would like to help rid Partick Thistle of the ‘cuddly toy' tag that we have been labelled with and the only way to do that it by performances on the park and by creating a strong club with a decent infrastructure http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2009-2010/june_2009/new_three_year_deal_for_ian_mccall

Some of our fans need to get a grip so weak.They wouldnt say boo to a goose.Football is meant to be competitive.Winning shouldn't be a dirty word.No other club in scotland has this masochism complex.A pride in being rubbish Partick thistle first and foremost is the most important thing.Why should be even care about anyone esle.We're struggling now do you think other teams fans spend there time worrying about us no chance.There happy to nick Liam b since he's going and go in the under 16 gate for free costing us money

I think the old firm being on a doorstep has done something to psyche.We see the amount of gloryhunters they have.How there never happy if they don't win everything and i think it's made sucess a dirty word to us.Which is wrong cause success is great for this club as the lambie years showed.

Edited by BermondseyBoy

Oh dear. Some of what you say in your second post, BB, is what everybody would like. A successful team with a bright future. However we are all realists (well, some of us) and didn't become thistle supporters because we expect to see a winning team week in week out. That's not to say we revel in being crap and call ourselves 'real football supporters', that's just how it is.

The attitude you show in the first post is shocking. When you support a club that often gets looked down upon it's a bit ironic that you're claiming us to be out of QoS's radar, as if we're bloody Barcelona. We're not Angelina Jolie, we're somewhere between Anne Widdecombe and Mo Mowlam, as are the rest of Scottish football (except maybe Clyde, they really have gone to the shitters).

I am exaggerating a little course but i want to get a response here

We're a well known Glasgow football team,

We don't play in blue,

We don't Play in Green Red and Yellow are the colours we love,

The Colours of Partick Thistle football club, By the way, We don't fear anyone, any time, anywhere, So Fly the Flags for the Firhill Jags And follow them Everywhere

Key line We don't fear anyone, any time, anywhere

Firhill for thrills is the same line.Have a listen to 4 songs from the 70's.See how proud and punchy they were.It's amazing it's like bring on the rest we're partick thistle

We're missing that.We're not supposed to be realists.I want swagger and gallusness McQuade charnley and paterson rolled into one.I want our players and fans to believe that we can get beat 6-1 one week and bounce back 5-0 the next week.

That on our day when we turn it on we can beat anyone.We've got the x factor

We're missing that optimism a sense of our selfs.I used to believe every year every season this could be our season and we could win the scottish cup.We're the great unpredictables.That well we know killie or motherwell are destinted to lay in the bottom of the spl for ever more.Thistle's fate is less certain something more exciting about a promise unknown.A fortune cookie unopened rather than opened with you are...*drum roll* mid table shite have a nice life on it.The bit inside u what says what if we got into the spl and top six stayed there and branched out to support outside glasgow what could we be

It's like people have given up the ghost.Only when you start believing will it really come true.I still believe in partick thistle.There is miracles and magic still there.I still think we've got a shot at winning the league this season imho.I remember our fans used to be optimists.What was it truimph of hope over experience or something like that.It seems to have been sucked out of alot of people.If u walk up to ibrox your just ouside and u don't think we're gonna do this mob and think instead we'll gonna get humped no point in turning up then u've missed the point

If your dreaming of scrapping it out with queen of the south u've missed the point.You have to dream and you have to hope always.Now a days it's like people still believe we're capable of getting that humping big humping i mentioned earlier but flip slip the belief around the club that we can do the big boys on our day that they should fear us thats not there anymore and we're a damn site poorer for it

Edited by BermondseyBoy

White Lightning on prescription?

It's 12.30 and Don't drink or do drugs.I am a normal sane bloke.It's just i haven't forgotten the magic of football or let the horrible premiership cloud my view to the romance of the cup and little teams challenging the big ones.It's eleven v eleven.I don't subcrisbe to the old firm forever and the top 4.Gd luck to hearts there believing it and there starting to do it.It just annoys me cause it should be us.I'd love to see a decent team get in amongst barca with some belief aswell.Biggest shower of over rated fuds i've seen in ages there scores are getting bigger as other teams buy into there hype.Half of them are sandancers.

To much respect for names and reputations

In a way I get where this guys coming from, all be it, an extreme view. We all know we can go out and get beat 6-1 and then the next week win 5-0, its the Thistle way.

Nowadays though football is less about romance and more about getting the most money in to try and stay afloat and then to try and sustain a challange anywhere. This means that we MUST realise where in the food chain that we now lie, and at the moment its nowhere near top dog. But the times can come rolling back for us, we mo longer can say we have a huge support willing to follow through thick and thin because to be quite honest we havent. People drift more nowadays than times gone by.

As an example of clubs rising from lower leagues take Fulham, were in the english 4th division at one point, lowest eb in their history and they came back up steadily and now established themselves as a top English team. We can aspire to be like that up here but first people need to stop thinking of us as a big club. WE ARE NOT ANYMORE but.....

THISTLE ARE RISING AGAIN

In a way I get where this guys coming from, all be it, an extreme view. We all know we can go out and get beat 6-1 and then the next week win 5-0, its the Thistle way.

Nowadays though football is less about romance and more about getting the most money in to try and stay afloat and then to try and sustain a challange anywhere. This means that we MUST realise where in the food chain that we now lie, and at the moment its nowhere near top dog. But the times can come rolling back for us, we mo longer can say we have a huge support willing to follow through thick and thin because to be quite honest we havent. People drift more nowadays than times gone by.

As an example of clubs rising from lower leagues take Fulham, were in the english 4th division at one point, lowest eb in their history and they came back up steadily and now established themselves as a top English team. We can aspire to be like that up here but first people need to stop thinking of us as a big club. WE ARE NOT ANYMORE but.....

THISTLE ARE RISING AGAIN

Agreed, but getting behind Thistle doesn't mean you have contempt for other wee teams. Especially QoS who have a decent support and are a good wee club in their way. When I used to go regularly to away games it was one of my favourite grounds.

Agreed, but getting behind Thistle doesn't mean you have contempt for other wee teams. Especially QoS who have a decent support and are a good wee club in their way. When I used to go regularly to away games it was one of my favourite grounds.

If Qos want a hand.They can punt there keeper off the wagebill and have Hinchy on loan but apart from that.Not our problem

Other wee teams?.What is that supposed to be mean... .We're not a wee team and we're not and will never be brothers in arms with Qos.I think u have wee groups of teams Ie Old Firm /Hearts hibs aberdeen/falkirk st mirren thistle but we're not bunched with qos.To me there a small regional club at the peak of there powers.We're a national club who historically belongs in the SPL

Maybe it's just the forum but on my life in real world.I've never heard a thistle fan talk about qos n the like as fellow wee teams.People should take pride in our club and our achievements and put our best foot forward.

I honestly think if we could along great players to firhill.Frank sauzee at hibs types who have made for life and show them around tell them the history of the club.What Success means to the fans what we're about our history.We could get them to sign for us.I do believe our club has that magic.I do think whatever language you speak.The Charm the warmth, the spirit of the under dog and even the backdrop of this part of glasgow it's people dialect and humour could be understood and taken to heart by anyone it's infectious to everyone from peter lindau to the many oversea's students who study in glasgow who take up thistle as there team aside from locals.We're not An other wee team.Our fans(contrast us with falkirk both legs)and being the alternative to the old firm mark us out

I think thistle fans have a right to turn up at firhill as well and expect to win no matter who we're playing aslong as we don't go overboard if we lose which we will sometimes.I expect to win when we play the old firm at firhill always.We should always be more excited about what our winger is gonna do to their full back than worried about there fancy danes are gonna do to us.I'd love to win the lottery and take the club over.I still hope the club is sold and we can get someone in who's gonna raise the bar/set high standards

I see what kenny dalgish has bought back to liverpool.We could do with thistle version of that to lift us.We won't know what we've been missing till we get it back

There's nothing in the rumours as such though i've been told by one of their players that money is tight down there just now (as it is with quite a few of the clubs) due to the lack of income with many of their home games being postponed by the adverse weather.

The other thing he did tell me was that the club would be going part time next season though this wouldn't affect him as his contract expired anyway.

B Boy you never read what I said did you?

We ARE a small club at the moment, take a look at our attendances they are dire, we dont belong in the SPL we need to earn it, if you say its to do with history, then tell you what, Cambridge United should be in the Premiership cause they have more history than anyone else. I like your passion for our club but don't go knocking everyone else if they don't share your view, we at the moment are a struggling first division side and IF we make it out of this league then it will be a long time before we can group ourselfs in with established SPL teams like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts never mind uttering our name in the same bracket as the Old Scum