Hardie

Lindau

Would be very surprised if it was QOTS considering their finances. He was at Firhill again yesterday though whether that was us or Dunfermline is anyones guess.

I wouldn't say no to seeing him up Firhill again but wherever he does end up, it's only to the end of the season as noone will gamble with his fitness record beyond then.

Mind you, assuming we don't come with a late charge and with Dundee out of the reckoning, i'd like anyone but Dungfermline to go up.

Something has clearly happened in the last two weeks with regards to him signing. If he was telling people that he had signed then i find it very strange that he has not. Is it purely that McCall changed his mind and thought the money to sign him could be used better elsewhere?

Or could it be that some players just tell the fans what they want to hear - could have had talks but nothing agreed? But you tell the fans it's a done deal - after all it might turn out to be true?

As much as I like the big fella, I am not too arsed about him coming back due to his age and his recent injury history, but in saying that I think we deffo need another striker as back up and even though I have never seen him play, McHugh sounds like he might have fitted the bill. Hopefully that can be resurrected

As much as I like the big fella, I am not too arsed about him coming back due to his age and his recent injury history, but in saying that I think we deffo need another striker as back up and even though I have never seen him play, McHugh sounds like he might have fitted the bill. Hopefully that can be resurrected

He's now got a wrist injury & out for 7 weeks (I think), so any deal for him won't go ahead for several weeks & in the meantime leaves us abit short up front.

He's now got a wrist injury & out for 7 weeks (I think), so any deal for him won't go ahead for several weeks & in the meantime leaves us abit short up front.

We are short up front after Liam's transfer and McHugh's loan being cancelled. Chris Erskine could play as a striker alongside Doolan. If only we could get Rory McAllister from Brechin. He sounds ideal - http://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/servlet/BCFCFrontControllerServlet?action=Player&page_id=82&category=4

That effectively rules the lad out. I'm sure the McHugh deal would have been costing us as I doubt Motherwell have the finances to loan their players out foc. I agree we're a bit thin up front and it may be McCall will bring in an emergency loan forward outwith the transfer window. Just going on Hardie's first appearance when he played off the striker I feel he'd be worth the gamble rather than a loanee striker but that was just the one game to go on.

The appeal of Dunfermline may be the not that unlikely player bonus if Pars win the league. That said yesterday wouldn't have helped with their league aspirations and as Will says the increased crowd might just help our chances of affording him. That would be ironic if Pars fans helped financing a signing of a guy they were after.

McAllister is a plumber who plays football part time, he'll earn more doing that than we could offer unfortunately.

No idea if he's any good but...

If we want a decent side and to balance the book we could go further wrong than to move towards a hybrid system like Raith Rovers did last season. It would mean we'd get the pick of the players who wanted to stay part-time for other reasons, making us probably no more uncompetitive among the full-time players. If anything it would mean we'd be stuck with less dead-weight if signings go wrong...

No idea if he's any good but...

If we want a decent side and to balance the book we could go further wrong than to move towards a hybrid system like Raith Rovers did last season. It would mean we'd get the pick of the players who wanted to stay part-time for other reasons, making us probably no more uncompetitive among the full-time players. If anything it would mean we'd be stuck with less dead-weight if signings go wrong...

I agree but in the case of McAllister I believe he is interesting a lot of Clubs and the last I heard Brechin will be looking for a healthy fee for him. Duecher on the other hand :thinking: ....although I think he's now wi Livi or something.

I agree but in the case of McAllister I believe he is interesting a lot of Clubs and the last I heard Brechin will be looking for a healthy fee for him. Duecher on the other hand :thinking: ....although I think he's now wi Livi or something.

What is forgotten here is Martin Grehan was signed as a striker, but so far hasn't shown much in the time he has been at Firhill.

• 2 weeks later...