Transfer Deadline Day

kni

With McHugh's loan being cancelled and Grehan's poor form, we still need a new striker to replace Liam Buchanan.

Does anybody have some news or gossip of a new signing or loan deal?

Alternatively, feel free to post some realistic suggestions in case the club's management read this thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours on the Daily Record live transfer thingy that Gary Harkins may be heading to Hibs for a £75k fee that may rise to £130k... money in the bank for us if that happens and if we ever see it.

I would have thought we would only get a cut of a future fee if they made a profit. As we apparently got £150K then not much chance of Dungdee making a profit

Edited by jaggy

I would have thought we would only get a cut of a future fee if they made a profit. As we apparently got £150K then not much chance of Dungdee making a profit

I agree. Harkins and Griffiths are Dundee's most saleable assets. Kilmarnock have let Alan Combe go. Would they be interested in Rab Douglas?

I agree. Harkins and Griffiths are Dundee's most saleable assets. Kilmarnock have let Alan Combe go. Would they be interested in Rab Douglas?

I think they'd be more interested in Scott Fox, tbh. I don't see Douglas going anywhere. He's become sometihng of a totem of their "dee-fiant" attitude.

With McHugh's loan being cancelled and Grehan's poor form, we still need a new striker to replace Liam Buchanan.

Does anybody have some news or gossip of a new signing or loan deal?

Alternatively, feel free to post some realistic suggestions in case the club's management read this thread.

I've a feeling we won't sign anybody but if we do, bearing in mind we can't afford to pay much if anything, it will probably be a last minute thing as we'll only get someone who hoped to get a better deal elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong.

(Edit to add - I don't mean we'll pay for a player or offer biggish wages just that we'll get someone who maybe hoped for better in some minor way. Probably only a loanee).

Anyway at least this time it's not so serious. In recent years at about this time we seemed to have for various reasons been short of forwards and been in a far worse position than we are now. Doolan has signed up and is on form, Erskine can play up front and Donnelly can do a job as well. Whatever you think of Grehan he is a forward and is certainly better than the likes of Akin and Hamilton that we've been stuck with before. And young Fraser is an option too.

Of course it's not ideal but we're not expecting promotion and I reckon what we've got will do us to the end of the season. I'd even expect if oour next few results go OK for us (so relegation becomes very unlikely0 we'll see the youngsters Campbell and Fraser go out on loan - and we might even see the likes of Grehan going out on loan too.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I've a feeling we won't sign anybody but if we do, bearing in mind we can't afford to pay much if anything, it will probably be a last minute thing as we'll only get someone who hoped to get a better deal elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong.

(Edit to add - I don't mean we'll pay for a player or offer biggish wages just that we'll get someone who maybe hoped for better in some minor way. Probably only a loanee).

Anyway at least this time it's not so serious. In recent years at about this time we seemed to have for various reasons been short of forwards and been in a far worse position than we are now. Doolan has signed up and is on form, Erskine can play up front and Donnelly can do a job as well. Whatever you think of Grehan he is a forward and is certainly better than the likes of Akin and Hamilton that we've been stuck with before. And young Fraser is an option too.

Of course it's not ideal but we're not expecting promotion and I reckon what we've got will do us to the end of the season. I'd even expect if oour next few results go OK for us (so relegation becomes very unlikely0 we'll see the youngsters Campbell and Fraser go out on loan - and we might even see the likes of Grehan going out on loan too.

I would put Fraser ahead of Donnelly and Grehan at the moment. We need to keep him but Grehan could benefit from a loan spell.

I think the big signing has been made in Scott Fox. His contract was due to end today was not ? I believe that the addition of Bob McHugh and Martin Hardie would allow us not only to get a top half finish but run the "title contenders" till the last day.

After watching the game on saturday i thought we played some brilliant football on what was/is an awful surface. At this point in time the best two teams in league are ourselfs and dundee. Dundee wont challenge but i honeslty think we have what i takes. If we beat cowdenbeath we are 11 behind raith. We play them twice before the end of the season with two wins we find ourselfs 5 behind over the other weeks we continue to gain points and raith dunferlimne falkirk and qots slip up who nows.

I believe ! we believe ! COME ON THISTLE !

Interesting story on Tom Brighton - http://www.thecourie...-dundee-fc.html

"Hopefully the club will soon come out of administration and it can put the transfer embargo behind them and start with a clean slate...

"As I'm not registered with a club I don't have to commit to anyone in the transfer window.

"So from my point of view I don't feel in any rush to sign for somebody by Monday.

"But I do want to get my future sorted out soon," Brighton added.

"I've heard the rumours that February 8 could be the day when things get sorted out with the club."

Edited by kni

Gibson moves from Dunfermline to Crawley Town. No mention of the fee but I can't imagine it'll be much with only 4 months left on his contract.

Strange one for a team challenging for the title.

The same Crawley Town that offered £150,000 for him at the start of the season and Dunfermline knocked back!

I would put Fraser ahead of Donnelly and Grehan at the moment. We need to keep him but Grehan could benefit from a loan spell.

There's no doubt Donnely will soon be the past and Fraser is the future. And Fraser certainly seems to have a drive and enthusiasm Grehan lacks. But Fraser still has a lot to learn and has to be used sparingly - not too sparingly - and used more as we get near the end of this season. We'll still have some tough games soon and experience is vital. It's not as if Donnelly and Grehan are completely rubbish - it's just one's nearing the end of his career and the other has ability but needs to improve if he's going to be a long term feature.

In fact I can see McCall loaning Fraser out for a month to six weeks to get some experience and then bringing him into the team properly in the last few games.

I wonder why he has decided to go now eh, i doubt its anything to do with them playing at old trafford in the FA Cup!

No! He realised that Dungfermline were destined for another season in the 1st Division and didn't fancy the thought of Paddy Boyle not letting him out his back pocket 4 times a season so much so that he'd miss his Saturday night swally!! :thumbsup2: