Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

We'll never get anywhere near Mortons figure. We're too disorganised as a fanbase. This was an ideal opportunity for the Jags Trust to get involved in something that could've helped promote their deid duck cause.. where are they to be seen in all this?

Maybe they even got smart and started collecting after last year's competition.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll never get anywhere near Mortons figure. We're too disorganised as a fanbase. This was an ideal opportunity for the Jags Trust to get involved in something that could've helped promote their deid duck cause.. where are they to be seen in all this?

Its simply because this forum is dead and people can't be arsed with the forum merry go round, with one opening and another closing every season. The old forums were much busier and thus the word of mouth of and amount of people who can contribute is bigger. Not a blight on the people who run this, just the online community of Thistle fans seems to get smaller by the year because of the chopping and changing of everything. Despite the hatred the top bods have for forums, the constant changes like this actually acted to the detriment of the club.

It was the old jagsforum that drove the last campaign, this site isn't half as busy and thats obviously not going to help any competition bids at all.

Oh aye during my rant, I forgot all about the Jags trust. Another mob who are just as bad, no one can be arsed anymore for the same reasons the forums have died a death, too much indirection and constant change upsetting everything.

Its simply because this forum is dead and people can't be arsed with the forum merry go round, with one opening and another closing every season. The old forums were much busier and thus the word of mouth of and amount of people who can contribute is bigger. Not a blight on the people who run this, just the online community of Thistle fans seems to get smaller by the year because of the chopping and changing of everything. Despite the hatred the top bods have for forums, the constant changes like this actually acted to the detriment of the club.

It was the old jagsforum that drove the last campaign, this site isn't half as busy and thats obviously not going to help any competition bids at all.

Oh aye during my rant, I forgot all about the Jags trust. Another mob who are just as bad, no one can be arsed anymore for the same reasons the forums have died a death, too much indirection and constant change upsetting everything.

As my dyslexic friend might say:

WFT?

Not sure if I understand your world, but how is the forum dead?

As for the competition, it's a shame that we might not win it, but we won it last time, and if we come 2nd or 3rd there will also be a few grand for the club.

What's the problem?

Well for starters theres 15 people logged in right now. You always had about 40-50 logged in on the other forums at around this time. I know a few folk personally and from reading what people had to say when the last one shut down, people can't be arsed with them anymore.

Well for starters theres 15 people logged in right now. You always had about 40-50 logged in on the other forums at around this time. I know a few folk personally and from reading what people had to say when the last one shut down, people can't be arsed with them anymore.

Kinda agree with you about this forum not being as busy, but that's more a result of a lot of regular posters using a different forum instead (unless they also post here under new usernames :unknw: ). Re your point above tho, the difference with this forum is you dont need to be logged in to read the threads, IIRC you did with the previous one.

As for the overall effect of this on the Irn Bru caps scheme, I think it's different to say "X amount of texts fired in" than it is to say "picked another cap aff the pavement". I think our efforts this time will be at the same level as the last competition...we wont win, but it wont be for a lack of trying.

For my part, Ive fired in about 50 with another 50 expected for the game on Saturday.

Update from the Official Site:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/march_2011/irn-bru_tops_for_youth_teams_-_together_we_can_win_this

As I am sitting here in sunny Cumbernauld reaching for another irn-bru to cool me down (okay not quite, but the sun is out) I hope that all the Jags fans who are going to the the game tomorrow will have put their plastic tops beside the season ticket, lucky top, etc for depositing at Firhill :thumbsup2:

Be interesting how much money we would raise if we kept the money spent on Irn-Bru to get the caps, then just gave it direct to the club. Although the minor hole in this is we would be without the sweet fruity taste of Irn Bru. Trip to the shop ...

It is a good competition that Barrs have come up with but as a money making company they are looking to make a profit as well and I would imagine that sales of their products will increase quite sharply during the course of the competition.

There was a collection bin outside the JH Stand today so hopefully a few tops were added to it (along with those in the Main Stand collection bin).

Does anyone know if the metal tops on Barrs glass bottles can be used? Just I was talking to my local chippie who gets the barrs glass bottles back all the time as the punter gets 30 pence back for returning it. He said if we found out they could be included then he would gladly collect them for us.

Does anyone know if the metal tops on Barrs glass bottles can be used? Just I was talking to my local chippie who gets the barrs glass bottles back all the time as the punter gets 30 pence back for returning it. He said if we found out they could be included then he would gladly collect them for us.

Unfortunately it is just the plastic bottle tops that count for this competition.

Update from the Official Site:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/march_2011/irn-bru_tops_for_youth_teams_-_together_we_can_win_this

As I am sitting here in sunny Cumbernauld reaching for another irn-bru to cool me down (okay not quite, but the sun is out) I hope that all the Jags fans who are going to the the game tomorrow will have put their plastic tops beside the season ticket, lucky top, etc for depositing at Firhill :thumbsup2:

The club has added another collection point at the supermarket at Cadder I see.

Im sorry but this is still not enough. I stay 5 minutes from Hampden Park and I have seen the following collection points already for Queens Park:

Hampden Park(Not surprisingly)

Lesser Hampden (Not surprisingly)

Scottish Football Museum

Toryglen Regional Sports Centre

Holyrood Sports Centre

Asda Toryglen

Spar Cathcart Road

We are based in Scotlands largest city and we have Irn Bru drinkers everywhere.

Can the club not give serious thought to putting collection points in Glasgow sich as:

The colleges/Universities - The club has a good relationship with Stow College. Students are great drinkers of Irn Bru we should be targetting Glasgow University, Strathclyde Uni, Glasgow Caledonian University.

Tesco in Maryhill, and the shopping centre that is adjacent to it.

Greaves on Sauchiehall Street.

Collection points at the factories of Club sponsors such as McGhees, Europa, Ignis Asset Management etc etc.

Living in Scotlands largest city their are countless places that could be utilised just like Morton FC are doing in Geenock but I am concerned the club appears to be doing very little to help promote this scheme.

We are an extremely cash strapped club and the possibility of getting 10 grand for youth development is something the Club should be looking at proactively, but like so much at the club nowadays this is just failing big time.

The club has added another collection point at the supermarket at Cadder I see.

Im sorry but this is still not enough. I stay 5 minutes from Hampden Park and I have seen the following collection points already for Queens Park:

Hampden Park(Not surprisingly)

Lesser Hampden (Not surprisingly)

Scottish Football Museum

Toryglen Regional Sports Centre

Holyrood Sports Centre

Asda Toryglen

Spar Cathcart Road

We are based in Scotlands largest city and we have Irn Bru drinkers everywhere.

Can the club not give serious thought to putting collection points in Glasgow sich as:

The colleges/Universities - The club has a good relationship with Stow College. Students are great drinkers of Irn Bru we should be targetting Glasgow University, Strathclyde Uni, Glasgow Caledonian University.

Tesco in Maryhill, and the shopping centre that is adjacent to it.

Greaves on Sauchiehall Street.

Collection points at the factories of Club sponsors such as McGhees, Europa, Ignis Asset Management etc etc.

Living in Scotlands largest city their are countless places that could be utilised just like Morton FC are doing in Geenock but I am concerned the club appears to be doing very little to help promote this scheme.

We are an extremely cash strapped club and the possibility of getting 10 grand for youth development is something the Club should be looking at proactively, but like so much at the club nowadays this is just failing big time.

Well if things get desperate we can always send you on a "visit" to these locations Matt :rolleyes:

Edited by Fawlty Towers

With our next couple of games being away from home could those people who will be travelling on the various supporters' buses hang on to their bottle tops (assuming of course they will be drinking any of the Barrs products) and bring them along for the QoS game on 2nd April.

Thanks for your support!