Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll never get anywhere near Mortons figure. We're too disorganised as a fanbase. This was an ideal opportunity for the Jags Trust to get involved in something that could've helped promote their deid duck cause.. where are they to be seen in all this?

The Ton will be found to have been using frosty jack lids and be thrown out. If they were eligible I could easily get about 500 from walking up the kelvin to dawsholm :op

Seriously, could be better led by club.

Fawlty, you got any idea how many lids we have so far since nothing's been officially posted? This is something that should really be getting pushed hard by the club. The difference between 2nd place and the rest is significant in a day and age where every penny counts.

I don't know what our total so far is, I would imagine that Barrs arrange with the clubs when they collect the tops and get them counted but they seem to be finding this possibly harder than they initially thought - hence only 13 clubs have a total at the moment.

Totally agree with your point about every penny counting and hopefully we will be able to finish high up that particular table.

Guys the club is getting more of the cardboard Irn Bru bottle top bins, they will be looking at areas where they can be deposited. Whether it be your local Tesco, College or Uni, would be much appreciated. Can you contact Ami, or send pm's to me and Fawlty Towers if you have a place in mind?

Thanks a lot

Guys the club is getting more of the cardboard Irn Bru bottle top bins, they will be looking at areas where they can be deposited. Whether it be your local Tesco, College or Uni, would be much appreciated. Can you contact Ami, or send pm's to me and Fawlty Towers if you have a place in mind?

Thanks a lot

The University of Nottingham, please. I have at least 50 in the house. :crazy:

Thanks a lot

As I've said many times on the forum, there should be bins in every uni & college in Glasgow. Look at all the call centres in Glasgow too, the places to put bins is endless. A couple of phonecalls, hopefully a yes from most of the places you phone & we would win thins thing easily. (We are weeks behind Morton it has to be said though). Staff rooms in hospitals too, I was in a hospital last week & all the staff were drinking on the orange stuff!

Also, no point just putting bins in places, it needs to be publicised in such a way that the employees/students etc know what it's for. (Say a couple of posters in easy readable places) Not many people hate Thistle & would most be happy to do a little to help us out.

Thanks a lot

Good news.

Shame this wasn't planned a month ago.

• Members

Was walking away from the game down South Drive on Saturday and noticed at least 5 Strathmore bottle tops lying around there. I believe these count towards the total, so remember and throw them in the Irn Bru bins and not litter the Drive with them.

Was walking away from the game down South Drive on Saturday and noticed at least 5 Strathmore bottle tops lying around there. I believe these count towards the total, so remember and throw them in the Irn Bru bins and not litter the Drive with them.

That is correct Will, so even if you are not a fan of soft drinks you can still play your part.

2nd Feb - IrnBru launch bottle tops competition.

Early in March, the first (partial) table of tops collected was published.

Now 5th April, over two months since competition started, just over a month to end of season and still the table showing count of tops (only from 13 teams) has not changed in the past month.

Taking this competition seriously, don't think irnBru are.

Now 5th April, over two months since competition started, just over a month to end of season and still the table showing count of tops (only from 13 teams) has not changed in the past month.

Aye but how many has Darth Vader collected in his tie fighter for us ;)

Aye but how many has Darth Vader collected in his tie fighter for us ;)

Don't know, not on speaking terms with the three-quarter mechanical and one-quarter human voicebox.

I've contributed a 100, and soon will have another 50, and hopefully another 50+ before end of season.

It does seem that Irn-Bru are not running this competition as well as the previous one. Strangely though this could help us as the longer it goes with lots of teams not knowing their totals then the fans of those teams may lose interest and if we just keep quietly plugging away we can sneak past some of the teams at the top and I am completely confident that our supporters will keep going right to the last game of the season!