Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

Last night they announced that Morton had over 16,000 already. It'll be tough to beat that, but any amount will help the cause.

Anyone else think they've been pinching out of other club's collecting buckets?

btw not a slur on Greenock or its inhabitants who I'm sure are most law abiding upright pillars of society. :unsure:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to count the amount I had stashed away and its 507 so far.

Had set myself a target of 1000 so guess halfway there though with only about 3 weeks left will be pushing it to get to that.

I have a cheek as only have bought 5 bottles of Irn Bru myself, the rest Ive got from people I have roped in - family, neighbours, work colleagues etc and very few of them are Jags fans so very well done to them.

Also and heres where the club has missed a trick, Glasgow is Irn Bru city loads and loads lying about, not had to spend a penny. Was helping a few mates with tidying up Cathkin Park and surrounding area and almost a 100 along from various Barrs bottles that have been strewn around that direction.

Had set myself a target of 1000 so guess halfway there though with only about 3 weeks left will be pushing it to get to that.

I have a cheek as only have bought 5 bottles of Irn Bru myself, the rest Ive got from people I have roped in - family, neighbours, work colleagues etc and very few of them are Jags fans so very well done to them.

Also and heres where the club has missed a trick, Glasgow is Irn Bru city loads and loads lying about, not had to spend a penny. Was helping a few mates with tidying up Cathkin Park and surrounding area and almost a 100 along from various Barrs bottles that have been strewn around that direction.

I think I have about 100 to add this weekend, all drank by me :fat ******* smiley:

That's an excellent bit of work. Puts my paltry 100 or so into the shade.. good work fella.

Great work guys :thumbsup2:

I don't think the clubs are allowed to put the collection bins in schools as they don't want to be seen to be promoting fizzy drinks to kids when the authorities are trying to push healthy living , etc. But as you say outside the schools, certainly in my area, you can almost follow the trail of bottle tops (and other rubbish) right to the school gates.

I brought tons of caps up with me to Glasgow to bring to the game on Easter weekend, then forgot to bring the bag with me. Would it be alright just to post a package with the caps to Firhill? I wouldn't bother, but it should be almost 100 caps and could be significant...

And well done everyone who helped pull us up to second spot :thumbsup2:

I brought tons of caps up with me to Glasgow to bring to the game on Easter weekend, then forgot to bring the bag with me. Would it be alright just to post a package with the caps to Firhill? I wouldn't bother, but it should be almost 100 caps and could be significant...

And well done everyone who helped pull us up to second spot :thumbsup2:

As you say mate every cap counts and we are not that far ahead of those in third and fourth so I reckon if you dont mind posting them to the club then every bit helps.

Great to see us move up to second well done all :thumbsup2:

Falkirk seemingly have a big push happening on their official website to try and get themselves right up the table.. let's not let the Brown-shoed ones beat us to the £7k.

I think that a lot of teams will be making one big push as the season comes to a close, we are lucky that our final home game sees the Irn-Bru bus come to Firhill and hopefully there will be a decent crowd as well but we can't take anything for granted.