Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

Where was the bin you used? I went with my wee bag of bottle tops and searched the JH high and low but there was no sign of any bins. Asked the wee 50-50 woman and she said that loads of folk had been asking but she didn't think there was a binn in the JH even though there had been for the postponed Falkirk game. If we're gonna have any chance at scooping the £10k then somewhere to deposit these tops in the JH may be a good idea. I'll try again on Tuesday but failing that they'll be going in the real bin.

Was the one just as you go into the main stand before the Aiken Suite mate. Good point though about needing one in the Jackie Husband Stand pretty surprised that there is not one there, should be one set up their pronto.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all good and well if you go to the Aitken Suite but how about having one that's accessible for folk who don't and who go to the Jackie Husband?

If the club want us to play our part then they really need to up their game with this.

I agree that there should be 1, if not several, in the JH Stand. Was just letting you & other fans know there was one in the aitken suite.

I was rushing to get through the turnstiles because I'd missed kick-off and gave a bag full of tops to a steward who said there was a bin at the press door. Hope he meant an Irn Bru bin as opposed to a dustbin or else that's 80-odd caps down the swanny.

I was rushing to get through the turnstiles because I'd missed kick-off and gave a bag full of tops to a steward who said there was a bin at the press door. Hope he meant an Irn Bru bin as opposed to a dustbin or else that's 80-odd caps down the swanny.

Did you tell the steward what they were/ what they were for?

There was a collection bin outside the main entrance to the JH Stand last night (along with the one in the foyer of the Main Stand) so hopefully people were able to deposit their tops last night. I also spoke with Ami and people can bring their caps to the office during the week if they are in the vicinity.

It is a couple of weeks until the next home game so that gives us plenty of time to get those caps collected so that we can help support the club's efforts in youth development and we had a great example of that last evening with Shaun Fraser scoring a vital goal.

The latest table is out, our tops have not yet been counted but Morton have certainly done well so far so we need to keep this high profile if we are to catch them (do you want Morton fans to beat Thistle fans) so expect plenty of posts from me in the run up to the Cowdenbeath game.

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

The latest table is out, our tops have not yet been counted but Morton have certainly done well so far so we need to keep this high profile if we are to catch them (do you want Morton fans to beat Thistle fans) so expect plenty of posts from me in the run up to the Cowdenbeath game.

Do you know if the Club has contacted McGhees, Q Club and local secondary schools to help out? Print out a poster and hand them a bin to collect the tops. Just thinking of other ways we can maintain a steady supply.

Go down to Pound World buy the whole lot, stick them behind the Aitken Suite and charge say 50p a bottle.

£2 back on £1 spent on the bottles, profit goes to the Club and the Aitken Suite can collect the bottle tops.

Any idea if plastic irn-bru bottles are sold in the Aitken Suite yet?

Edit: Could also sell them at the pie stall, pour the juice into polystyrene cups and keep the tops.

Edited by northernsoul

Jeezo, I thought Stenhousemur had done well, but Morton look clear winners atm (especially if they keep that number up). I presume it must be something to do with their Chairman & his millions connection? If not, everyone in Greenock will be dead by 30!

We should have one clear advantage over everyone else (apart from Queens Park) we live in Irn Bru City. Everywhere in Glasgow is Irn bru bottles lying around, I picked up 10 tops in the short distance between my work and the underground, the tops are everywhere, put on a pair of gloves and pick them up. Lets face it we dont need to worry about the competition from Old Firms fans on this one since its SFL teams only and we have a bigger support than Queens Park thus more fans to pick them up :thumbsup2:

We should have one clear advantage over everyone else (apart from Queens Park) we live in Irn Bru City. Everywhere in Glasgow is Irn bru bottles lying around, I picked up 10 tops in the short distance between my work and the underground, the tops are everywhere, put on a pair of gloves and pick them up. Lets face it we dont need to worry about the competition from Old Firms fans on this one since its SFL teams only and we have a bigger support than Queens Park thus more fans to pick them up :thumbsup2:

I've been scavanging in this way for the last few weeks. Don't drink a drop of the stuff but have about 50 tops to hand in on my next visit to Firhill.

Could we not just send a few agents to Crappielow and steal the tops from their collection points?

Here's the reason why Morton are doing so well, look at the number of places they have collecting...

For the public

Tesco Greenock

Tesco Port Glasgow

Funworld Greenock

WRVS shop Inverclyde Royal Hospital

Esplanade Cafe

McPherson & Co Clarence Street Greenock

Craigend Resource Centre Greenock

Employees of the following companies can donate at their work place.

Amazon Gourock

Royal Bank of Scotland Mortgage Centre

Stepper Technologies Greenock

National Semiconductor.

Students and staff of James Watt College can donate at

James Watt College Refrectory Finnart Campus

The Filling Station James Watt College Finnart Campus

As far as I am aware there are the two official bins at Firhill plus another two which are at the Firhill Complex and Maryhill Community Centre. Clearly Morton have made a really big effort but we know what we are up against I have complete confidence in my fellow Thistle fans that they will do everything they can to win this (we have don it before). Remember as well that the Irn-Bru bus is visiting Firhill on the last day of the season when we should have a good crowd so we do have the opportunity to make a late surge.

The fans will play their part but the Club has got to do more. Sell Irn-Bru bottle in the Aitken Suite, make a bit of money and keep the tops.

The Club is located in the biggest city in Scotland, yet have 2 collection points outside Firhill. Morton have 10+ bins all over the place in Greenock. We have the ability to gather hundreds/thousands of tops of non jag fans. Club needs to get the finger out if we want to win this.

The final seven games of the season are in our favour to gain momentum, five out of the seven games are at home.

Qos

Falkirk

Falkirk

Ross County

Morton

Dundee

Raith

The fans will play their part but the Club has got to do more. Sell Irn-Bru bottle in the Aitken Suite, make a bit of money and keep the tops.

The Club is located in the biggest city in Scotland, yet have 2 collection points outside Firhill. Morton have 10+ bins all over the place in Greenock. We have the ability to gather hundreds/thousands of tops of non jag fans. Club needs to get the finger out if we want to win this.

The final seven games of the season are in our favour to gain momentum, five out of the seven games are at home.

Qos

Falkirk

Falkirk

Ross County

Morton

Dundee

Raith

I agree.