Fans' Survey

Fawlty Towers

I was just wondering what sort of response the Club will get to this? Given the size of our support what would be considered a good number of responses?

Hopefully extremely low and that'll give me a better chance of winning the hospitality :thumbsup2::)

Re kick off times, not that it happens very often but when we get Sunday games I feel an earlier KO time would be beneficial. Nothing to back it up but I just sense that the crowd would be slightly better.

Hopefully extremely low and that'll give me a better chance of winning the hospitality :thumbsup2::)

Re kick off times, not that it happens very often but when we get Sunday games I feel an earlier KO time would be beneficial. Nothing to back it up but I just sense that the crowd would be slightly better.

As long as they allow us adequate time to get to the ground after communion...........

:bag:

That's a pretty impressive response. Could be an idea to do this more often to guage the fans opinion on matters.

It's an incredible response. Considering we've maybe only on average about 1800 fans that can be bothered to turn up for a football match and only a couple of dozen or so for a meet the manager (or a social night with a free pint) but over 1400 can be bothered to complete a lengthy online survey. Quite honestly I don't know what to make of that.

I find a lot of things in this world increasingly strange. :unsure:

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been hijacked by the vast army of gypos that spend more time thinking about us than their own poxy wee side.

If it is all genuine Jags fans then let's hope that everyone of them who participated is willing to join a membership scheme or whatever the club come up with to raise funds for our future.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/march_2011/fans_survey_update

Over 1,400 responses with just under 2 weeks left so lets hope the Club get lots more responses as that will give them a clear indication of what the fans' opinion is on the various issues.

"we would ask you to take a little time, approximately ten minutes, to complete it"

:confused1: Took me quite a lot longer than 10 minutes to fill it in when i did it, but i did have a lot to say in the boxes provided (Hughes and Co, Shares, Propco, JA, multitude of financial cockups from board over last decade, ideas for merch, match experience, structure of football, what i love and hate about ptfc, what i'd change about the club, leaps of faith, fan ownership or at least increased levels and influence and input and consultation and so on and so forth). :happy2:

Well worth doing, and would encourage everyone to do the survey and give as much information and feedback as possible. Be brutal (or brutally honest) about what is wrong with the club, ground, any issue you have an opinion about - and where its deserved, give praise on issues you feel deserves praise.

Then we can only hope the powers that be, listen to the supporters, then we will see how serious they are about engaging more and properly and regularily with the support.

Could be an idea to do this more often to guage the fans opinion on matters. Take moving stadium/stadium redevelopment for example.

Definitely.

It's an incredible response. Considering we've maybe only on average about 1800 fans that can be bothered to turn up for a football match and only a couple of dozen or so for a meet the manager (or a social night with a free pint) but over 1400 can be bothered to complete a lengthy online survey. Quite honestly I don't know what to make of that.

Indeed it is.

Though i do recall (as an example of previous proclomations, so many to choose from) year after year spin of "season ticket sales up on last year" at various points of close season, when later it was found (or oft rumoured or bodyswerved by the club) that sales were in actual fact, down in the end from year previous.

Incidentally, is there any 'independant adjudication' taking place on this to prove there is 1400 responses (to date) as stated by the club, and/or once survey is completed, and that all responses are collated into a report, and not just the figures and responses the club wishes to give out which suits their own ends and/or gives them the answers and 'mandate' they wish? :thinking::unsure::unknw:

Edited by yoda-jag

Yoda, speak sense you do.

1400 is an incredible response so far, I only hope there aren't (m)any spurious responses or multiple entries from ex-Directors....but seriously, with good contributions from the folk that post on here, there should be a wealth of feedback data.

Fawlty Towers, do you know how the Club plans to analyse the responses, communicate the results and produce a set of actions? As on any survey, it's the follow through that's important; this is the bit that often hasnt been thought through. So I hope the Club has some professional expertise to guide them on how to do the right thing by all this feedback. There are some of us with employee/customer survey feedback expertise, skills that could be utilised by the Club for the price of a pie and a pint!

Mm-hm. It's inspiring. Fantastical, even.

That's a fair enough consideration M'Lady but how many fans have completed it more than once? How many non-Thistle fans have completed it 'for a laugh'?

I'm in the process of trying to gain ethical clearance for an under-grad dissertation and would not get it if I proposed a research project like this one. Given this is the Clubs attempt to research the opinions of the fans, there are too many holes in this for me to get too excited about it's possibility to bring about change within Firhill. Others have already asked about the findings and how they will be collated and analysed but, even if there are sound processes in place for this, how can they be sure of the accuracy of those findings?

Too pedantic?

That's a fair enough consideration M'Lady but how many fans have completed it more than once? How many non-Thistle fans have completed it 'for a laugh'?

I'm in the process of trying to gain ethical clearance for an under-grad dissertation and would not get it if I proposed a research project like this one. Given this is the Clubs attempt to research the opinions of the fans, there are too many holes in this for me to get too excited about it's possibility to bring about change within Firhill. Others have already asked about the findings and how they will be collated and analysed but, even if there are sound processes in place for this, how can they be sure of the accuracy of those findings?

Too pedantic?

No.

Want pedantic?:

its, not it's.

:)