Fans' Survey

Fawlty Towers

The survey that David Beattie talked about is now on the official website - lots of good questions and plenty of opportunity for the good ideas that I have seen on here to get another airing. One person will win hospitality for 2 for completing it, lets get as many entries as possible so the Club can get as accurate a picture as possible on what the fans are thinking.

Have had a quick look thru the questionnaire. Don't want to sound like nit picking but I notice a few questions I'd rather see phrased better. Overall tho' it's a fairly comprehensive job. Will definitely fill it in when I've more time as it deserves a good bit of thought in reply.

Btw I can imagine a few sweary answers to question 41 (see another thread) :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

The survey that David Beattie talked about is now on the official website - lots of good questions and plenty of opportunity for the good ideas that I have seen on here to get another airing. One person will win hospitality for 2 for completing it, lets get as many entries as possible so the Club can get as accurate a picture as possible on what the fans are thinking.

I see you can complete it more than once, and you dont need to be a Thistle fan to fill it in. Surely that would cause the accuracy of the survey outcome to be questionable, are there any ways round these issues?

Done. Took abut 15-20 minutes.

Think there's a couple of questions which I can see people maybe answering not in the way they intend - eg the swtiching between 1 and 10 for the best.

Some of the questions seem fairly redundant - changing kick off times? Could we actually do that?

Hopefully though a lot of people can take the time to fill this out. What comes of it is another matter.

• Members

Disappointed there were no questions about the Centenary Fund given it's importance to the Club.

I'm not in it, but I'd join if I was confident it's being administered properly and comments here suggest otherwise. So it's a no thanks from me and I doubt I'm alone.

Question 64... asking if anyone would like to be an Administrator :thinking:

I was concerned with this one too, Woodie!

The question basically asks, would you be willing to volunteer to do the jobs (for free) already carried out by the one or two paid staff at the club.

I hope Beattie doesn't think we should go down the Stirling Albion route. As history shows, both the club and the trust have a shocking history when it comes to volunteers actually stepping up and getting involved, with probably only the usual 10 from a core support of 2500 making themselves available.

It should also be noted that Paul goodwin and a few others are taking a wage from Stirling (from what i've been told by a Stirling supporting relative).

Maybe we can see if Antonia's pals are still available for work on a Saturday, that seemed to be a success! :thinking:

Done. Took abut 15-20 minutes.

Think there's a couple of questions which I can see people maybe answering not in the way they intend - eg the swtiching between 1 and 10 for the best.

Some of the questions seem fairly redundant - changing kick off times? Could we actually do that?

Hopefully though a lot of people can take the time to fill this out. What comes of it is another matter.

I have a strong personal opinion on that one, but I'll hold fire until everyone's had a chance to complete the survey,

Besides, there are far more important questions.

OK, I was going to keep quiet, but seeing as others have started...

I can see that an earlier kick-off would save money on the floodlights.

I'd have thought that another benefit would be avoiding any traffic associated with whichever half of the Old Firm were playing at home, assuming they retained their 3pm kick-off.

I'll admit there have been occasions when I've decided not to attend Firhill because I know that the roads into Glasgow are going to be a nightmare, as will the roads out after the game. I would imagine that a lot of other fans, including away supporters, might make similar judgements. I'd also imagine a similar problem arises on the trains, buses and underground.

The disadvantage of a 1pm kick-off would be we would be emptying out at the roughly same time as Ibrox/Parkhead was filling up. A 2pm kick-off would avoid this.

The disadvantage of a 1pm kick-off would be we would be emptying out at the roughly same time as Ibrox/Parkhead was filling up. A 2pm kick-off would avoid this.

Norman - you should know by now that restraint isn't a concept recognised on this board B)

Given that the game with a 1pm kick-off would be finishing 1445-1450 I'd think the crossover with OF fans going to their game would be extremely minimal. They should all be in or close to the Ibrox or Parkhead areas by that time.

Edited by Allan Heron

Norman - you should know by now that restraint isn't a concept recognised on this baord B)

Given that the game with a 1pm kick-off would be finishing 1445-1450 I'd think the crossover with OF fans going to their game would be extremely minimal. They should all be in or close to the Ibrox or Parkhead areas by that time.

A 2pm kick off would surely mean our full time would coincide with the Subway Loyal leaving at their normal time.

Norman - you should know by now that restraint isn't a concept recognised on this board B)

OK, I'll concede that a 1pm kick-off would only result in minimal mixing with "them".

Would also be curious to know if the change in kick-off time would affect policing costs. Does the club pay a flat rate or might they have to pay extra for early shift officers working overtime? It's over 20 years since I left "Strathclyde's Finest", so I'm not sure what their current shift pattern is.