Glasgow Caledonian Unversity

sigesige00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the funniest thread I've read in a very long time. Don't really know why, just is. Was in tears of laughter at one point.

I keep changing my mind about whether this guy is genuine or not.

If he ever does make it to Firhill, he should be paraded at half time and given the royal treatment, simply for the laughs he has given us here.

I received a conditional offer from GCU.

GCU's Postgraduate Asmissions Team once said that I do not need an English qualification since I have MPhil from the University of Glasgow.

However, they sent me mail that my degree is too "old" and therefore I need an English qualification. I asked them whether the STEP Eiken (the most popular English test in Japan) is OK or not. They said OK. So, I sent a photocopy of my certificate of the Grade 1 of the STEP Eiken just now.

However, my spoken English is very bad. I have to make progress in this area. And I do not understand the Glasgow dialect.

ye need tae start hinging aboot wi folk fae glesga luuutttt aaaaatttt...before you understaun the patter no wit a mean mukker???

With regards to your accomodation you could just get a first aw day ticket for £4 quid a day you will always have a roof oer yer frank zapper and you will always be close tae the bus station :thumbsup2:

Edited by Chicofan

ye need tae start hinging aboot wi folk fae glesga luuutttt aaaaatttt...before you understaun the patter no wit a mean mukker???

With regards to your accomodation you could just get a first aw day ticket for £4 quid a day you will always have a roof oer yer frank zapper and you will always be close tae the bus station :thumbsup2:

Neilly boy, that's pure radio. Funniest thing I've read on the forum for years. :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

Talking seriously, I am starting my research from Jan. I am looking for a decent Jags supporter (or Queen's Park supporter, Glasgow City Ladies supporter, Glasgow Warriors supporter, Glasgow Hawks supporter are OK) who can offer me a flat-sharing at a very cheap cost for this poor student.

Talking seriously, I am starting my research from Jan. I am looking for a decent Jags supporter (or Queen's Park supporter, Glasgow City Ladies supporter, Glasgow Warriors supporter, Glasgow Hawks supporter are OK) who can offer me a flat-sharing at a very cheap cost for this poor student.

There is accomodation available in George Square at the moment very reasonable rates and all you need is your own sleeping bag :thumbsup2:

Edited by Chicofan

• 1 month later...

My prospective supervisor is an Evertonian. He is not very interested in Scottish football, but he says that he leans to Celtic.

As far as the Old Firm are concerned, while I am no fan of Celtic, I hate Rangers more, because they are British imperialists.

As for Ireland, I support Cliftonville and Derry City, like Celtic supporters do. I believe that Republicanism in Ireland is not "sectarian", because the Irish nation have the just right to national reunification.

And my former girlfriend (working at an English school in Japan) stayed and studied in Dublin. She said that Ireland is the paradise. I hope to travel to Dublin to attend Gaelic Football final, or travel to Derry City to support the red and white army. Some might accuse me of a stealth Celtic fan.

By the way, I have to see a doctor every 3 weeks. My doctor in Japan has written a letter about my illness to a new doctor. According to the websites, I have to register a GP and GP finds suitable doctor for me. I want to see a doctor at Glasgow Royal Infirmary. I think that there will be no problem with the help from University staff.

And, many website says that Halifax Clarity Credit Card is the best for the life in Britain. However Halifax does not have a branch in Scotland. Is it possible to get this credit card in Scotland?

According to the mail, the cost of taxi from Glasgow International Airport to University Accommodation is 45 pounds.

I use British Airways from Japan to Heathrow to Glasgow. And I requested vegetarian meal (no additional cost).

I strongly encourage everyone to request vegetarian meal when travel by air, because vegetarian (or Harar, Koshel) meals are earlier than normal meals. If you are sleeping flight attendants will wake you up.

According to the mail, the cost of taxi from Glasgow International Airport to University Accommodation is 45 pounds.

I use British Airways from Japan to Heathrow to Glasgow. And I requested vegetarian meal (no additional cost).

I strongly encourage everyone to request vegetarian meal when travel by air, because vegetarian (or Harar, Koshel) meals are earlier than normal meals. If you are sleeping flight attendants will wake you up.

This is clearly a case of discrimination against veggies. Carnivores pay no extra for the privilege of getting their heads down without getting a dunt off the flight attendant. I would kick up f*ck with BA the next time that happens. Meanwhile, until that gets sorted out you might as well just bite the bullet and order a chicken curry until the culture at BA changes. That way you get a wee lie in plus you get your Dennis Skinner - a win-win situation.

By the way, I am going to bring 4 Rugby jerseys to Glasgow.

Glasgow Warriors

Glasgow Hawks

Scotland national team (Rugby Union)

Scotland national team (Rugby League)

By the way, does wearing British & Irish Lions jersey or Barbarians jersey have any political/sectarian meaning? I have little knowledge about the Barbarians, but I like the jersey and will buy when reduced.

When are you coming? I'll give you a lift from the airport if I'm around.

I asked:

"Hi,

I have a question.

How to find the appointed taxi driver at airport?"

They answered:

"There will be a man with a kilt on and your name on a board waiting for you. He will take you to your taxi."

What does "with a kilt on" mean?

Edited by sigesige00

I asked:

"Hi,

I have a question.

How to find the appointed taxi driver at airport?"

They answered:

"There will be a man with a kilt on and your name on a board waiting for you. He will take you to your taxi."

What does "with a kilt on" mean?

All taxi drivers now wear kilts our national dress like a skirt but for men and In tartan (like a psycadelic camouflage )