sigesige00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fredthecheesecloth

you made a terrible spelling mistake in your title

the establishment you refer to is actually known as Glasgow Caledonian COLLEGE

its university status was recently removed by David Haye, Neil McCann & John Colquhoun using the little practiced 'Heimlich manoeuvre'.

if your looking for a flat share i have heard that former middlesborough trainee Sean Kilgannon may have rooms for £17.85 a week, although he is in talks with ex runner Jamie Baulch about a new 'development'.

When do you start?

Not sure. My prospective supervisor says he is willing to supervise me. I sent an email to the admissions office about when I can start. I am waiting answer.

I am not a very rich man, so I'd happy if there was a very cheap accommodation close to university and Firhill. If there is a generous person who can offer me a flat-sharing at a very cheap cost (or even free), I'd be very happy.

Edited by sigesige00

Not sure. My prospective supervisor says he is willing to supervise me. I sent an email to the admissions office about when I can start. I am waiting answer.

I am not a very rich man, so I'd happy if there was a very cheap accommodation close to university and Firhill. If there is a generous person who can offer me a flat-sharing at a very cheap cost (or even free), I'd very happy.

Whilst wishing you well with your academic pursuit, I'm not entirely surprised that you're a bit Jochen Rindt as you seem to spend way too much of your dosh on football tops. :(

Whilst wishing you well with your academic pursuit, I'm not entirely surprised that you're a bit Jochen Rindt as you seem to spend way too much of your dosh on football tops. :(

Now I checked, the number of my Football/Rugby Union/Rugby League/Futsal/Cricket shirts is 310. I think that this is normal.

I am looking for a flat-sharing with a Jags fan, or cheap accommodation near University and Firhill.

Please give me any idea.

There are no flats in Glasgow anymore, they were all demolished for safety reasons following the earthquake in 95 so a bunglaow-sharing Jags fan is your best bet.

If you forward me on your personal details I'll see if my friend at the UK Borders Agency can help.

Sigesige00,

Hope nobody you know has been affected by the earthquake or tsunami.

My friends in Kyoto told me that they didn't feel anything, but somebody in Osaka did feel it.

How about in Kobe?

Truly terrible devastation in the north-east.

Kôbe was not affected, fortunately. However the number of lost lives is over 10000. Kôbe had a big earthquake in 1995, and I want to help the area of the quake and tunami (I do not spell "tsunami"). I appeal to everyone to donate money for international charity organisations.

Or organising the Jags supporters' help to Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

GCU of course have dormitory for postgraduate students, but they say that the number of applicants is always higher than the capacity.

I lived in the dormitory of the University of Glasgow for two years, and met an interesting students there. There were 3 Tamils from India, Sri Lanka, and Singapore. And there was a son of the diplomat of Suomi (Finland), who studied at the international school in Beijing when his father was in Beijing and Pyongyang.

Good luck in flat hunting, Siggie. Hopefully, you'll get a hand from the uni in finding digs. It might (and I stress 'might') be worth your time emailing the area's housing associations. You never know what leads you'll turn up.

only way any housing association will go near anybody is if they have been referred by the hamish allan centre..

• 2 months later...

I received a conditional offer from GCU.

GCU's Postgraduate Asmissions Team once said that I do not need an English qualification since I have MPhil from the University of Glasgow.

However, they sent me mail that my degree is too "old" and therefore I need an English qualification. I asked them whether the STEP Eiken (the most popular English test in Japan) is OK or not. They said OK. So, I sent a photocopy of my certificate of the Grade 1 of the STEP Eiken just now.

However, my spoken English is very bad. I have to make progress in this area. And I do not understand the Glasgow dialect.

GCU's Postgraduate Asmissions Team once said that I do not need an English qualification since I have MPhil from the University of Glasgow.

However, they sent me mail that my degree is too "old" and therefore I need an English qualification. I asked them whether the STEP Eiken (the most popular English test in Japan) is OK or not. They said OK. So, I sent a photocopy of my certificate of the Grade 1 of the STEP Eiken just now.

However, my spoken English is very bad. I have to make progress in this area. And I do not understand the Glasgow dialect.

Congratulations. What is the "conditional" part. Adequate funding?

Whit mate?

• 3 months later...