Raith Highlights

little_miss_jag

The highlights show that Raith were dominated and that's with some of our excellent play missing. Erskine's chance where their keeper pulled off a great save is missing from just after Fox's save. I thought that was an even better save from their keeper than the one from Doolan or McGowan.

Fair play to Raith Rovers, they showed it as it was, instead of editing it to make their team look better like many (most?) clubs would have.

Must say though, the Jags support looked worryingly small. Combined with the doomy stadium thread, it's more reason to be concerned about our long term future. Great win alright, and even I'm convinced that we're safe this season, Cowdenbeath are not going to get within sight of us again, and Stirling are long gone, but that's a silver lining on some dark clouds.

Fair play to Raith Rovers, they showed it as it was, instead of editing it to make their team look better like many (most?) clubs would have.

Must say though, the Jags support looked worryingly small. Combined with the doomy stadium thread, it's more reason to be concerned about our long term future. Great win alright, and even I'm convinced that we're safe this season, Cowdenbeath are not going to get within sight of us again, and Stirling are long gone, but that's a silver lining on some dark clouds.

I think with the weather - people may have had trouble getting there and people worried about the game being called of late (again) that was probably the only reason for a small jags away support! Was worth the gamble yesterday though as the game was brilliant!

Best away game for ages and the highlights made it all the better! :)

I think with the weather - people may have had trouble getting there and people worried about the game being called of late (again) that was probably the only reason for a small jags away support! Was worth the gamble yesterday though as the game was brilliant!

Best away game for ages and the highlights made it all the better! :)

I think so too. If the weather hadn't been so dodgy I'd definitely have gone. But the bus + trains combination in the horrible conditions put me right off.

The highlights show that Raith were dominated and that's with some of our excellent play missing. Erskine's chance where their keeper pulled off a great save is missing from just after Fox's save. I thought that was an even better save from their keeper than the one from Doolan or McGowan.

Agree. Got to mind tho' these highlights are naturally biased towards Raith. :D

Imo to show Raith in a better light it would have been preferable to show a bit more of their last ditch defending. Both McNeil in goal and their No3, despite being no match for Paul Paton, kept the score down. Btw I may be in the minority but I'm fairly sure Robbo was fouled momentarily before our first goal. As it was the defender came away from Doolan to shove Robertson leaving McNeil to get the blame for the goal. Had Doolan not shown up I reckon we'd still be due a penalty.

Yesterday everyone played well. The team work was exceptional and we appeared to get the tactics spot on. Regardless of all that we've still got to face up to the fact that we went periods of 47 minutes and 43 minutes without scoring. It also looks like Fox did make an exceptional save.

That leads me to two ifs.... One, if we had Fox in goal from day one and two, if we had Buchanan showing the same form as in autumn '09. We've already beaten this season 8 of our 9 rivals. Factor in those two ifs, which wouldn't have had much to do with our player budget, and I don't believe we'd be far off the top of the table. Aye, only if :thinking::)

That leads me to two ifs.... One, if we had Fox in goal from day one I don't believe we'd be far off the top of the table.

Couldnt agree more. The difference in the defence since The Fox came in, is unbelievable and I reckon we would be VERY close to top of the table if he had been here from Day 1 of the season. Worrying to read McCall saying that we have the makings of a right good team, but due to the financial side of things at Firhill, he reckons he will have to let players go as they will get better offers elsewhere. I know he is under contract but just enjoy The Fox while we can. Just wish a Jags fan could win the Euromillions!!

Couldnt agree more. The difference in the defence since The Fox came in, is unbelievable and I reckon we would be VERY close to top of the table if he had been here from Day 1 of the season. Worrying to read McCall saying that we have the makings of a right good team, but due to the financial side of things at Firhill, he reckons he will have to let players go as they will get better offers elsewhere. I know he is under contract but just enjoy The Fox while we can. Just wish a Jags fan could win the Euromillions!!

Leave it with me.

Looks like a great performance.

It's no wonder that fans are refusing to travel with all of the late call offs we've had this season. We've learned the hard way that 9am, 11am and even mid day pitch inspections mean **** all and the game can still get binned after 2pm. It was certainly a factor for me.

But anyway, fair doos to the fans that did go and again what a performance, Paddy Boyle winning the ball and then going on to finish for the 2nd goal, absolutely superb.

I'm happy to say I've been proved wrong on this lad. Last season he just looked completely out of his depth but he is a man reborn this season.

Also well done to the Raith fans - four separate folk said to me on the way back "Well done, you guys played well and fully deserved to win, good luck for the rest of the season". Good to see their fans being so gracious when we have just dealt their title hopes a blow. Good luck to them!