Raith Last Day Of The Season

BermondseyBoy

There was a bit of unpleasantness that afternoon. Peterhead fans were either brilliant despite their disappointment or very nasty. Nothing in between.

We were advised to get out of Peterhead as quickly as possible by the police and had to wait until Aberdeen to stock up on, ahem, fizzy pop and crisps for the journey.

Hope the title race goes down to the last day and while I hope we would beat them I wouldn’t grudge Raith fans their celebrations were they to win the league at Firhill.

An Edinburgh bus window was broken by wee teuchter neds throwing stones. They were about 12 to 14 years old and ran like scalded cats when it happened. The polis were alarmed by the buses stopping and some grown ups piling out to run and catch the wee neds, one of whom is a regular poster here and was more than a bit concerned at the fact his young daughter and son were in the seats next to the window.

There were also a couple of pies thrown at folk on the pitch, which is surprising since you would have thought they would have run out by the end of extra time and penalties.

If Rovers do win the league at Firhill, I will happily leave them to celebrate in whatever way they choose as long as it doesn't involve smashing up the place.

I would have no problem with Raith celebrating at Firhill - if they do win the league there on the last day, then good luck to them. As others have said, we have no animosity towards Raith, I certainly prefer them to Falkirk or Dunfermline. They should be an inspiration for what we are looking to acheive.

Barring an almost unbelievable upturn or downturn in our fortunes the game is likely to be meaningless for us - from a purely selfish perspective, I can't understand any fan who wouldn't want Raith to have something to play for. The difference between 200 and 2000 Raith fans could be the difference between us managing to sign a player in the summer, and losing him to someone else. If it were Airdrie, Kilmarnock, or a team for whom we do have a genuine dislike I would understand the sentiment of the first poster, if not the way it was expressed, but it's not.

I would expect our fans to be as gracious as St Mirren, Inverness, Stirling Albion and the other clubs where we have enjoyed promotion celebrations, and would be really surprised and disappointed if it was otherwise.

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Scottish Football League Championship First Division

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers, 15:00

Picture the scene with nothing to play for.We get humped they out number us have a pitch invasion and hoist the league on our turf including grant murray Stephen Simmons(could bring out a real cigar to blow at us this time if we let him) ect enough to make any self respecting thistle fan sick.Our stadium would be besmirched.Raith rovers taking the micky raith fans in the home end taking over our pubs swanning around like they own the place showing no respect running there mouths in the week before on pie and bovril saying there gonna bring 10 thousand and the like.

It's a test of self respect/dignity if we let this happen.How proud are we of partick thistle.partick thistle 0-3 morton was brutal as was partick thistle 0-1 airdrie.This could be x10 worse.How will you feel if with 10 mins left your leaving and there winning 2-0 there all singing cheerio cheerio cheerio.You'd feel sick you get out the ground and you hear a roar and it's news from dunfermline that they've lost a goal and now it's all but confirmed raith as champions.Driving away in the car listening to radio scotland thinking what a bloody waste of time.I know that feeling.It's crap.I'd rather the day like partick thistle 1-0 clyde.They came with black arms ballons to take the micky but we beat them and showed them.no matter what happens today there a tinpot club and we're partick thistle.We beat them and in the years to come we've risen while they've slide down to the 3rd.Sweet :thumbsup2:

DEFEND FIRHILL :thumbsup2:

The board should do something.Tell raith/the police under no circumstances/incitement to crowd trouble can they get the league on our pitch and get them to have the trophy presented back at starks park.Cut there allocation to just behind the goals.No welcome to there officals cold shoulder them all.But the board will do nowt to defend the club ever.They'll just sit back and let it happen

So

the fans Peacefull end of season pitch invasion and sing song after the match.It's our family home not anyone esles.Why should we vacate it for a bunch of tubes who we've never liked.Stay on the pitch bring beachballs footballs big sidey flags firhill dance so raith can't get on after we've humped them gd and proper sent them home with there tails btw there legs.It would be even better if they lost the league at our place.Some day it would be

DEFEND FIRHILL

ps in our wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partick_Thistle_F.C.#Support some tosser has put.

Thistle's traditional rivals are Clyde and more recently Airdrieonians/Airdrie United. The latter grew to greatest prominence during Thistle's promotion season in 2001–02, when the two sides were the main contenders for the Title, with Airdrie subsequently going bust and reforming owing to financial pressures at the time

I hope to god thats not written by a thistle fan.There's some proper loons in our support if clyde is suddenly our big rivals/derby game.Can't people see new breed are making us look a joke and not just with a few pink tops.NOT the thistle i know

Shutup.

Thistle's traditional rivals are Clyde and more recently Airdrieonians/Airdrie United. The latter grew to greatest prominence during Thistle's promotion season in 2001–02, when the two sides were the main contenders for the Title, with Airdrie subsequently going bust and reforming owing to financial pressures at the time

I hope to god thats not written by a thistle fan.There's some proper loons in our support if clyde is suddenly our big rivals/derby game.Can't people see new breed are making us look a joke and not just with a few pink tops.NOT the thistle i know

Eh? The first paragraph above is a direct quote you have personally selected. But you appear to have misread it big time.

Like many others ave said, I hope that we can raise our form and turn that day into a title decider. Would be great to see Firhill packed to the rafters. If not and it does turn out to be Raith's big day, I hope that the Jags can show the Raith team and their support some respect. If they become the champions it will only be because they were the best team over the course of the season. It will be our year sometime and I hope that where ever we are on that day we are shown the same respect.

Dont have a great deal of time for Raith on account of them being my ex missus's team. However, I would be more than happy for them as the wee team with a small budget beat the likes of Dunfermline and especially Falkirk to promotion.

Reckon the Jags fans would all applaud them at the end, I certainly will. It'll be strange to see Grant Murray celebrating on the Firhill pitch though.

An Edinburgh bus window was broken by wee teuchter neds throwing stones. They were about 12 to 14 years old and ran like scalded cats when it happened. The polis were alarmed by the buses stopping and some grown ups piling out to run and catch the wee neds, one of whom is a regular poster here and was more than a bit concerned at the fact his young daughter and son were in the seats next to the window.

There were also a couple of pies thrown at folk on the pitch, which is surprising since you would have thought they would have run out by the end of extra time and penalties.

If Rovers do win the league at Firhill, I will happily leave them to celebrate in whatever way they choose as long as it doesn't involve smashing up the place.

The police hardly covered themselves in glory either, they seemed more interested in trying to antagonise our guys rather than actually do their job and apprehend the neds.

Was a bit surreal celebrating promotion in an ASDA car park on the outskirts of Aberdeen with lukewarm champagne. Still magic though!

Like majority have said, ir response to bermondseyboy's post, i have no problem with Raith winning league on our pitch mudheap beach. Much rather see them than the thoroughly unlikeable Bairns and Pars go up, and would further diminish the "Top" flight of 10, that the logs of chairmen and likes of Doncaster seem so keen on. Hell mend them.

BermondseyBoy's post is embarrassing to be honest.

The following two posts in particular sum up my viewpoints on this whole debate, particularily the parts in bold:

I would have no problem with Raith celebrating at Firhill - if they do win the league there on the last day, then good luck to them. As others have said, we have no animosity towards Raith, I certainly prefer them to Falkirk or Dunfermline. They should be an inspiration for what we are looking to acheive.

Barring an almost unbelievable upturn or downturn in our fortunes the game is likely to be meaningless for us - from a purely selfish perspective, I can't understand any fan who wouldn't want Raith to have something to play for. The difference between 200 and 2000 Raith fans could be the difference between us managing to sign a player in the summer, and losing him to someone else. If it were Airdrie, Kilmarnock, or a team for whom we do have a genuine dislike I would understand the sentiment of the first poster, if not the way it was expressed, but it's not.

I would expect our fans to be as gracious as St Mirren, Inverness, Stirling Albion and the other clubs where we have enjoyed promotion celebrations, and would be really surprised and disappointed if it was otherwise.

Like many others ave said, I hope that we can raise our form and turn that day into a title decider. Would be great to see Firhill packed to the rafters. If not and it does turn out to be Raith's big day, I hope that the Jags can show the Raith team and their support some respect. If they become the champions it will only be because they were the best team over the course of the season. It will be our year sometime and I hope that where ever we are on that day we are shown the same respect.

Along with Partick Thistle and St. Mirren, Raith Rovers invested money in bringing their ground up to 10,000 seats, in order to comply with the SPL's requirements at the time. They chose to do this rather than try to buy success by giving players higher wages than the club could afford, unlike some other clubs. At least Thistle and St. Mirren got a shot a the SPL for their money, Raith Rovers never did. Perhaps until now.

It could be a good occasion, anyway, with the chance of the highest crowd of the season, which can't be bad. Raith could be expected to bring a large away support, maybe even including a former prime minister. If Thistle can maintain their current good form, then we could expect an above average turnout of home fans also, hoping to see the team put down a marker for next season.