Raith Last Day Of The Season

BermondseyBoy

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Scottish Football League Championship First Division

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers, 15:00

Picture the scene with nothing to play for.We get humped they out number us have a pitch invasion and hoist the league on our turf including grant murray Stephen Simmons(could bring out a real cigar to blow at us this time if we let him) ect enough to make any self respecting thistle fan sick.Our stadium would be besmirched.Raith rovers taking the micky raith fans in the home end taking over our pubs swanning around like they own the place showing no respect running there mouths in the week before on pie and bovril saying there gonna bring 10 thousand and the like.

It's a test of self respect/dignity if we let this happen.How proud are we of partick thistle.partick thistle 0-3 morton was brutal as was partick thistle 0-1 airdrie.This could be x10 worse.How will you feel if with 10 mins left your leaving and there winning 2-0 there all singing cheerio cheerio cheerio.You'd feel sick you get out the ground and you hear a roar and it's news from dunfermline that they've lost a goal and now it's all but confirmed raith as champions.Driving away in the car listening to radio scotland thinking what a bloody waste of time.I know that feeling.It's crap.I'd rather the day like partick thistle 1-0 clyde.They came with black arms ballons to take the micky but we beat them and showed them.no matter what happens today there a tinpot club and we're partick thistle.We beat them and in the years to come we've risen while they've slide down to the 3rd.Sweet :thumbsup2:

DEFEND FIRHILL :thumbsup2:

The board should do something.Tell raith/the police under no circumstances/incitement to crowd trouble can they get the league on our pitch and get them to have the trophy presented back at starks park.Cut there allocation to just behind the goals.No welcome to there officals cold shoulder them all.But the board will do nowt to defend the club ever.They'll just sit back and let it happen

So

the fans Peacefull end of season pitch invasion and sing song after the match.It's our family home not anyone esles.Why should we vacate it for a bunch of tubes who we've never liked.Stay on the pitch bring beachballs footballs big sidey flags firhill dance so raith can't get on after we've humped them gd and proper sent them home with there tails btw there legs.It would be even better if they lost the league at our place.Some day it would be

DEFEND FIRHILL

ps in our wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partick_Thistle_F.C.#Support some tosser has put.

Thistle's traditional rivals are Clyde and more recently Airdrieonians/Airdrie United. The latter grew to greatest prominence during Thistle's promotion season in 2001–02, when the two sides were the main contenders for the Title, with Airdrie subsequently going bust and reforming owing to financial pressures at the time

I hope to god thats not written by a thistle fan.There's some proper loons in our support if clyde is suddenly our big rivals/derby game.Can't people see new breed are making us look a joke and not just with a few pink tops.NOT the thistle i know

If Raith Rovers have won or win the league at Firhill, then all the best to them.

Thistle fans have had excellent away days including some pitch invasions at Inverness, Peterhead, Forfar, Stirling.

It's not about territory, it's about sport.

Agreed. Although an improbably resurgent, Pressley-led Falkirk would be an exception.

I really hope they have something to play for on the last day as it will give us a bigger than expected crowd = more cash for McCall to play with in the summer.

If the miracle of miracles doesnt happen (us winning it) would rather see Rovers go up than Falkirk or Dungfermline.

As Jaggernaut says we have had good times celebrating at away grounds so let them have their day at Firhill if they do win it. Although it would be a belter to have them bring a few thousand through and we beat them and they dont win :D

If Raith Rovers have won or win the league at Firhill, then all the best to them.

Thistle fans have had excellent away days including some pitch invasions at Inverness, Peterhead, Forfar, Stirling.

It's not about territory, it's about sport.

at the lower level ie forfar stirling peterhead.it's about sport but it's diffirent the higher up you go.The stakes are higher.Winning the premiership on someone esle's ground or the spl is diffirent from winning the southern conference or the 3rd division on someone esle's ground

There is a reason.We were not allowed a pitch invasion at st mirren while we had ones at peterhead forfar ect.

Gd luck to them ?Happy to have them ?Really

if it's all about sport and not pride.Why don't u throw out an open letter to spl teams asking which one would like to host the old firm title party this season.Surely on that logic there will be loads of takers no bitterness all about sport ?

If Raith Rovers win the league at Firhill let them have their fun, who really cares, since when did we have any animosity towards a wee team from Kirkcaldy?

I'd rather Raith went up than Dunfermline or Falkirk, I always want the wee club to go up, the more 'small teams' in the SPL the more people realise how much of a farse the current set up is.

Picture the scene. Jags against Raith for the league decider. In the dying seconds of the game, the ball deflects off Grant Murray's bawsack and into the back of the net. The entire JH stand empties onto the pitch at the final whistle.

33 points to play for.

Alternatively if Raith have the league wrapped up by then, I can see a similar reaction to when we won the league at Love St. No pitch invasion/ Good banter and good memories for the champions.

It would be to out benefit if Raith didn't go up, yes they've done well this season, but they're hardly a great team. They work hard & have done well this season, I think it'll be a one season wonder & they'll struggle next season. Dungfermline will spend again to go up, as will Dungdee.

Anyway, if such a thing did happen on the last day. The Thistle players should be made to sit in the stand & watch, so they know what it's like to achieve something & why they should really try their hardest to do it.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Im not one for leaving games early...but would be in the pub long before Raith's celebrations get underway in this scenario.

I remember when we clinched the 1st Div title (or was it the season we won Div 2?) and our next home game was against Raith, they formed a guard of honour as the Jags took the field. Nice touch, not sure Id want to see it repeated in reverse tho :(

Im not one for leaving games early...but would be in the pub long before Raith's celebrations get underway in this scenario.

I remember when we clinched the 1st Div title (or was it the season we won Div 2?) and our next home game was against Raith, they formed a guard of honour as the Jags took the field. Nice touch, not sure Id want to see it repeated in reverse tho :(

Ach, we should be gracious.

After all, they'll probably suffer the depression of relegation the following season, while we'll be enjoying the ecstasies of having the league wrapped up before New Year.

If Raith Rovers win the league at Firhill let them have their fun, who really cares, since when did we have any animosity towards a wee team from Kirkcaldy?

I'd rather Raith went up than Dunfermline or Falkirk, I always want the wee club to go up, the more 'small teams' in the SPL the more people realise how much of a farse the current set up is.

Agreed.

I hope Rovers go up ahead of Dunfermline and Falkirk too. Got some good mates who are fans and would be happy for them, although at least 1 has said they would rather stay in the 1st division! If reconstruction goes through it'll be 3 down from the SPL next season so I don't fancy the chances of this years promoted team staying up, whoever it is.

Hope it goes to the last day of the season and we get a bumper crowd at Firhill.

Had heard that the last day of the season could well be the "Bobby Law" day. If the case, hope we get a good turn out at the ground.

If one the day, Raith win the league then so be it. They'll have earned it and if they have a celebration at the end then good luck to them.

I was at Inverness for last day of season party when we won 1st divison. None of us cared if Inverness wanted us celebrating on their park or not.

Wasn't at Peterhead but i'd imagine their fans were'nt too happy to see us celebrating at the end. After all can't think of a tougher watch than to lose out on promotion via a penalty kick shoot out, then see the opposing fans on the pitch. That could have turned ugly but as both sets were a credit to themselves, it didnt.

We have no right to get all stuck up, should Raith have cause to celebrate at firhill.

I hope Rovers go up ahead of Dunfermline and Falkirk too. Got some good mates who are fans and would be happy for them, although at least 1 has said they would rather stay in the 1st division!

I went thru to the game on Saturday with a Raith fan. He's another who doesn't fancy them playing in the SPL. Do they have any players at the moment who would walk into an SPL team? I think they'd have to release a large chunk of the very guys who got them promoted.

Wasn't at Peterhead but i'd imagine their fans were'nt too happy to see us celebrating at the end. After all can't think of a tougher watch than to lose out on promotion via a penalty kick shoot out, then see the opposing fans on the pitch. That could have turned ugly but as both sets were a credit to themselves, it didnt.

There was a bit of unpleasantness that afternoon. Peterhead fans were either brilliant despite their disappointment or very nasty. Nothing in between.

We were advised to get out of Peterhead as quickly as possible by the police and had to wait until Aberdeen to stock up on, ahem, fizzy pop and crisps for the journey.

Hope the title race goes down to the last day and while I hope we would beat them I wouldn’t grudge Raith fans their celebrations were they to win the league at Firhill.

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Picture the scene with nothing to play for.We get humped they out number us have a pitch invasion and hoist the league on our turf including grant murray Stephen Simmons(could bring out a real cigar to blow at us this time if we let him) ect enough to make any self respecting thistle fan sick.Our stadium would be besmirched.Raith rovers taking the micky raith fans in the home end taking over our pubs swanning around like they own the place showing no respect running there mouths in the week before on pie and bovril saying there gonna bring 10 thousand and the like.

It's a test of self respect/dignity if we let this happen.How proud are we of partick thistle.partick thistle 0-3 morton was brutal as was partick thistle 0-1 airdrie.This could be x10 worse.How will you feel if with 10 mins left your leaving and there winning 2-0 there all singing cheerio cheerio cheerio.You'd feel sick you get out the ground and you hear a roar and it's news from dunfermline that they've lost a goal and now it's all but confirmed raith as champions.Driving away in the car listening to radio scotland thinking what a bloody waste of time.I know that feeling.It's crap.I'd rather the day like partick thistle 1-0 clyde.They came with black arms ballons to take the micky but we beat them and showed them.no matter what happens today there a tinpot club and we're partick thistle.We beat them and in the years to come we've risen while they've slide down to the 3rd.Sweet :thumbsup2:

The board should do something.Tell raith/the police under no circumstances/incitement to crowd trouble can they get the league on our pitch and get them to have the trophy presented back at starks park.Cut there allocation to just behind the goals.No welcome to there officals cold shoulder them all.But the board will do nowt to defend the club ever.They'll just sit back and let it happen

So

the fans Peacefull end of season pitch invasion and sing song after the match.It's our family home not anyone esles.Why should we vacate it for a bunch of tubes who we've never liked.Stay on the pitch bring beachballs footballs big sidey flags firhill dance so raith can't get on after we've humped them gd and proper sent them home with there tails btw there legs.It would be even better if they lost the league at our place.Some day it would be

DEFEND FIRHILL

ps in our wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partick_Thistle_F.C.#Support some tosser has put.

Thistle's traditional rivals are Clyde and more recently Airdrieonians/Airdrie United. The latter grew to greatest prominence during Thistle's promotion season in 2001–02, when the two sides were the main contenders for the Title, with Airdrie subsequently going bust and reforming owing to financial pressures at the time

I hope to god thats not written by a thistle fan.There's some proper loons in our support if clyde is suddenly our big rivals/derby game.Can't people see new breed are making us look a joke and not just with a few pink tops.NOT the thistle i know

:thumbdown:

And the reputation of Partick Thistle sinks, further, and we become just another team with standard non individual ideals. Where we can't even bring ourselves to give a wee clap to the team who were better than us. Who stood above the SPL hoorbags of Dunfermline and Falkirk. Then I just need to shake my head.

If it comes down to the last game of the season, and Raith celebrate... As we would, then I will give them a quick clap and leave.

Let them have their day, as they would to us, and many have in the past.

To suggest otherwise, or even suggest we shouldn't is not the attitude of a Thistle fan.

We support the wee team. Give the wee team their day.

Last year i witnessed the Ayr v Airdrie play off which ended in tatters, Airdrie fans displayed a mentality akin to yours. It ended in arrests, by standers, neutrals being assaulted. And police chasing shadows.

Maybe you and the NGE wil get the day you crave.

Good luck with your cruisade. Consider your future posts ignored.

:wall:

Saturday, 7 May 2011

So

DEFEND FIRHILL

Wow get a grip man, Suprised i have read on other "football forums" that section gay made the mighty NGE run at arlington street, You couldn't have been there or you woulda smashed em all I'm guessing by the way you talk