Taxi For Grehan

Jaggy1967

Today was the final straw for me !

Take yer belongings and don't let the door hit yer arse and all that.

Utterly pathetic shift not just today, but all season

I cannot understand why McCall continues to play you ahead of the younger players like Shaun Fraser who has scored as many goals as you but has hardly played 90 mins in all his appearances !

roll on next season !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the final straw for me !

Take yer belongings and don't let the door hit yer arse and all that.

Utterly pathetic shift not just today, but all season

I cannot understand why McCall continues to play you ahead of the younger players like Shaun Fraser who has scored as many goals as you but has hardly played 90 mins in all his appearances !

roll on next season !

I think you (and the people who celebrated when he was subbed off) were being very harsh on him. He mucked up a shot in the first half but asides that I thought he didn't do much wrong all game and is much improved in terms of positional awareness etc than he was at the start of the season.

I don't rate him as a footballer, but he's not as bad as some make out.

Shaun Fraser is a talent and in time absolutely should get more game opportunities. But in case you hadn't noticed Grehan is one of two senior squad members who is in contention for games now: Donnelly one can only presume is an absolute last resort where injuries scupper things and Doolan and Grehan are having to fill the gap. Don't get on Grehan's back just because he's all we've got.

I think you (and the people who celebrated when he was subbed off) were being very harsh on him. He mucked up a shot in the first half but asides that I thought he didn't do much wrong all game and is much improved in terms of positional awareness etc than he was at the start of the season.

I don't rate him as a footballer, but he's not as bad as some make out.

Shaun Fraser is a talent and in time absolutely should get more game opportunities. But in case you hadn't noticed Grehan is one of two senior squad members who is in contention for games now: Donnelly one can only presume is an absolute last resort where injuries scupper things and Doolan and Grehan are having to fill the gap. Don't get on Grehan's back just because he's all we've got.

Says it all really ! don't get on his back .... He is a joke Woody and many people paid £ 17 to watch people like him who should be footballers. I know as a Jags fan where we are lacking and don't need your patronising tone to point out the obvious !

Says it all really! Don't get on his back .... He is a joke Woody and many people paid £17 to watch people like him who should be footballers. I know as a Jags fan where we are lacking and don't need your patronising tone to point out the obvious!

I don't rate most of our players as footballers. It doesn't mean I feel the need to jeer a player of the pitch when they hardly had a horrific game and it doesn't mean that I call his effort "pathetic" when it blatantly wasn't.

Completely disagree, i thought he held the ball up well, won lots of free kicks and laid the ball of when the chance arose

Do you go to the games very often ?

Sorry to disagree with you but he bursts my baws watching him prance about the park. Winning the odd ball is a plus but his job is to put the ball in the net. I think he, in the 2 seasons he has been taking a wage from us has done his job twice !

Says it all in my opinion !

Half agree. Grehan has on occasion shown his worth, sadly albeit not on many occasions. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only time he's played two decent games on the trot were the games at McDiarmid and Palmerston. :unsure:

Anyway I'm not going to single out his performance today for individual criticism. There were at least seven Jags players today that were completely appalling.

Also, I've see quite a lot of Shaun Fraser. I really rate the guy and I don't, mainly because of his body strength, think there's much of a risk factor playing him. I don't however feel he should be asked to start week in week out. I'll slate McCall for many things but will support him re the way he's handled the emerging youngsters with regard to introducing them to the first team.

Slag Grehan by all means but don't do it and champion Fraser's inclusion at the same time. Let Shaun graduate to an automatic start. Don't do it just because Grehan (a player who after all is contracted into next season) isn't doing the biz.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Do you go to the games very often ?

Sorry to disagree with you but he bursts my baws watching him prance about the park. Winning the odd ball is a plus but his job is to put the ball in the net. I think he, in the 2 seasons he has been taking a wage from us has done his job twice !

Says it all in my opinion !

He's been given hardly any game time until the last few weeks. Give the guy a break.

He's also not been taking a wage from us for two seasons. He had 5 (yes that's right, 5) games at the tail end of last season when our strikers couldn't hit a barn door and a lot of his appearances this season came from the bench with 20 minutes to go when we still had Buchanan.

I don't rate most of our players as footballers. It doesn't mean I feel the need to jeer a player of the pitch when they hardly had a horrific game and it doesn't mean that I call his effort "pathetic" when it blatantly wasn't.

You do not know me . How can you acuse me of jeering him off the park !

I am not singling Martin Grehan out just because of today's shambles. He is as you pointed out not a footballer. I am very much agreeing with you in that respect.

As I said people pay good money to watch what we did today. On that basis the club can put all the questionares they like out for completion on how we can improve things. Bottom line is get things right on the park and we are more than half way there.

We all know we are not blessed with a team full of Messi's but we should be able to get the basics right and Grehan is a feckin joke end of !

You do not know me . How can you accuse me of jeering him off the park !

I am not singling Martin Grehan out just because of today's shambles. He is as you pointed out not a footballer. I am very much agreeing with you in that respect.

As I said people pay good money to watch what we did today. On that basis the club can put all the questionares they like out for completion on how we can improve things. Bottom line is get things right on the park and we are more than half way there.

We all know we are not blessed with a team full of Messi's but we should be able to get the basics right and Grehan is a feckin joke end of !

I didn't accuse you of jeering him off the park. I was referring to those who did, who like you are among his detractors.

You clearly are singling out Martin Grehan because, despite him being far from our worst player today, and recently, you have started a thread saying he is "pathetic" and should "not let the door hit his arse on the way out". If you're not singling him out, I can think of at least 4 or 5 other players on our books in the same ballpark. The question is therefore "Why Grehan?"

Of course people pay good money to watch us. Just like people pay £15 to watch 2nd Division garbage at the likes of Ayr. As a Club we are broke, the playing budget is next to non-existent and the cold hard reality is that some of our players are just going to have to be shit. Live with it.

He's been given hardly any game time until the last few weeks. Give the guy a break.

He's also not been taking a wage from us for two seasons. He had 5 (yes that's right, 5) games at the tail end of last season when our strikers couldn't hit a barn door and a lot of his appearances this season came from the bench with 20 minutes to go when we still had Buchanan.

At the same time Doolan was not given many appearances either but what kris has done and Grehan failed to do is take those fleeting opportunities. Likewise fraser has had even less time than Grehan and scored almost as many.

Kris has proved humself invaluable and shut doubters like me up. Grehan has proved anything but invaluable and unless ups his game considerably is clearly not going to be the elusive striker to partner Doolan next season

For those saying about the abuse Grehan gets, I think Buchanan got far more abuse than Grehan on the forums over the 4 years Liam was here.

I didn't accuse you of jeering him off the park. I was referring to those who did, who like you are among his detractors.

You clearly are singling out Martin Grehan because, despite him being far from our worst player today, and recently, you have started a thread saying he is "pathetic" and should "not let the door hit his arse on the way out". If you're not singling him out, I can think of at least 4 or 5 other players on our books in the same ballpark. The question is therefore "Why Grehan?"

Of course people pay good money to watch us. Just like people pay £15 to watch 2nd Division garbage at the likes of Ayr. As a Club we are broke, the playing budget is next to non-existent and the cold hard reality is that some of our players are just going to have to be shit. Live with it.

Belting attitude Woody. Truth of the matter is we don't have to just live with it. Is it we can chose not to live with it can't we ?

And by all acounts the majority of punters are deserting in droves.

Your posts say it all really !

I've got to say that in previous post-match discussions, i've described Greehan as a 'waste of a jersey' amongst other things. I've been warming to him of late.

I think his main problem is confidence and it can hardly help him to hear some of the derision from the home stands. LIB thinks that he played well at St.J and QOS - I'd also add that he played well against Dundee at home and last week at Raith. I also thought he had a decent first half today and was certainly not our worst player. It was always going to be him that Fraser replaced but Doolan is full of confidence just now and was our man of the match in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure he'll start and play better against Stirling on Tuesday. I hope the rest of the team do as well.

At the same time Doolan was not given many appearances either but what Kris has done and Grehan failed to do is take those fleeting opportunities. Likewise Fraser has had even less time than Grehan and scored almost as many.

Kris has proved himself invaluable and shut doubters like me up. Grehan has proved anything but invaluable and unless ups his game considerably is clearly not going to be the elusive striker to partner Doolan next season

For those saying about the abuse Grehan gets, I think Buchanan got far more abuse than Grehan on the forums over the 4 years Liam was here.

People are completely missing the point here. Grehan is being singled out when, despite being shit, we can't do much, if any, better. 12 months ago we had exactly the same sort of views being hurled at Paddy Boyle. The reality is Grehan wasn't *that* bad today and people are deluded if they think we can expect to have two substantial goal-scorers on our books as a matter of course.

Fraser has potential, but with the greatest of respect he's still a boy. He's scored a couple of good goals. One against a fledgling Stirling Albion and another against Queens. He's even younger than me, and despite him being one for the future I don't think you can either read too much into a handful of 10-15 minute spells or use it as a reason to get on the backs of more experienced players.

As for your Buchanan comparison I don't think it's remotely relevant. Buchanan got a lot of praise too, and I never recall people saying of him that he was "pathetic" and that he "shouldn't let the door hit his arse on the way out".

From what I've seen hes had a couple of really good games. The rest hes been absolutely dung.

I think I'm more in the get rid of camp, than the keep a hold of him camp.

I think most people are of this view. It's no good reason for people to get on his back when he actually didn't have a particularly "dung" game today, and hasn't recently. Indeed he was far from the worst player on the park.

Belting attitude Woody. Truth of the matter is we don't have to just live with it. Is it we can chose not to live with it can't we?

And by all acounts the majority of punters are deserting in droves.

Your posts say it all really !

No we can't choose not to live with it. He is contracted to next season, we have no money and our Club is dying. There is sweet :censor: all we can do about the product on the park.

People are completely missing the point here. Grehan is being singled out when, despite being shit, we can't do much, if any, better. 12 months ago we had exactly the same sort of views being hurled at Paddy Boyle. The reality is Grehan wasn't *that* bad today and people are deluded if they think we can expect to have two substantial goal-scorers on our books as a matter of course.

Fraser has potential, but with the greatest of respect he's still a boy. He's scored a couple of good goals. One against a fledgling Stirling Albion and another against Queens. He's even younger than me, and despite him being one for the future I don't think you can either read too much into a handful of 10-15 minute spells or use it as a reason to get on the backs of more experienced players.

As for your Buchanan comparison I don't think it's remotely relevant. Buchanan got a lot of praise too, and I never recall people saying of him that he was "pathetic" and that he "shouldn't let the door hit his arse on the way out".

I think most people are of this view. It's no good reason for people to get on his back when he actually didn't have a particularly "dung" game today, and hasn't recently. Indeed he was far from the worst player on the park.

No we can't choose not to live with it. He is contracted to next season, we have no money and our Club is dying. There is sweet :censor: all we can do about the product on the park.

Do you actually realise what you are trying to defend with your statements ?

Now that, good sir, is substantive bollocks. Erskine is one of the few reasons left to keep going to Firhill these days.

I can understand the posters opinion should he have only been to a few games this season.

Erskine at times imho is a luxury but at the same time on many occassions is a magical/important player to have in your team.