If You'Re Watching Football Tomorrow...

twinny

Tomorrow sees both the Scottish Cup and English F.A. Cup finals at 3pm. Whilst on a normal weekend many of us will be much more inclined to watch an English match (though there are usually much more interesting matches), I feel that Chelsea vs Portsmouth will be pretty routine for Chelsea. I've been to two F.A. cup matches this season, and watched afew games on telly too, particularly Stoke vs Arsenal and Chelsea vs Stoke, but this match-up in the final is very uninspiring (as was Chelsea vs Stoke to the majority of people tbh, though Stoke had just knocked out Arsenal and Man City in the two previous rounds).

The Scottish Cup however is much more refreshing, two teams who haven't competed at the very top level, at least for a while, one from a lower division. The quality might be much poorer, and perhaps it is only because I am Scottish that I say this, but I think this match will be much more enjoyable and will certainly be more likely to throw up something unexpected (or have I just made it expected?).

Sorry for all the rambling - I'm trying to avoid doing work on a Friday afternoon - which match will you be watching tomorrow?

I'd link to think I'd watch the Scottish Cup Final seen as not only is it old firm free but its got a team from uor division in it. The reality is the coverage will annoy me, the pace of the game will be tedious in the extreme and the swathes of empty seats will make it look stupid resulting in me spending most of the time watching Chelsea turn Pompey over.

I still love the magic of the FA Cup.

I'd link to think I'd watch the Scottish Cup Final seen as not only is it old firm free but its got a team from uor division in it. The reality is the coverage will annoy me, the pace of the game will be tedious in the extreme and the swathes of empty seats will make it look stupid resulting in me spending most of the time watching Chelsea turn Pompey over.

I still love the magic of the FA Cup.

Alledgedly its a sell out.

I'll be watchin the Scottish Cup Final and seeing the dirty cheating arabs get teir comeuppance

Will be watching the FA Cup Final, Scottish one just leaves me bored whenever I watch it. Scottish football is rarely entertaining to watch and there is still a level of hype about the FA cup final that the Scottish Cup just doesn't have.

In England there is very little hype about it. Stoke vs Arsenal had 18,000 fans in attendance even though their average crowd is over 26,000 and stadium holds 28,000 IIRC. I was at the Stoke match at Man City, the ground was about half empty (though for some reason the return leg was well attended, possibly down to the possibility of ET + pens). When I watched FA cup highlights on telly it seemed many of the grounds had swathes of empty seats, much more so than the same teams have in league games. I agree though, there is generally a hype about the final, however I wouldn't say there has been this year.

2 p.m.

Branchumhall, East Kilbride.

East Kilbride Utd v Robslee AFC

League Cup 1/4 Final

Amateur match but don't knock it - bring your own chilled carry out plus you can stand and heckle to your hearts content with no nazi stewards or coppers in sight. :thumbsup2:

might just have a look at that,5 mins from the house

Edited by ritchie

Not really bothered about either tomorrow to be honest. Might try to catch some of the county - utd game, but if the cheats score a couple in the 1st half it's a dead duck. Same for chelski.

Next saturday should be okay tho, Championship Play-off Final in the afternoon, then CL final at night.

Is it weird that rather than the 3 major cup finals, it's the championship game I'm looking forward to most?

I'll be watching the Scottish Cup Final from my seat in the Ross County end. I hear a few jags are going.

So will I. Ross County were my boyhood team. My dad would take me to the "big" matches - Caley, Elgin, the occasional Scottish Cup -tie. We never dreamt that we would enter the League, never mind reach the final of the Scottish Cup! A wee man from Albion Rovers (!) regularly used to ridicule the idea of Highland clubs in the Scottish League and irritate my dad greatly.

Well I have the satisfaction of seeing ONE of my favourites in a Final. It's 80 years since my beloved Jags got there, bur now we know that anything is possible!

might just have a look at that,5 mins from the house

Should be a good local derby - EK just lost out on the league (to Partick West- good to see a Partick side winning a league!) while the Robslee boys just avoided relegation from the GGPL Division 1.

Saw this match last year and it was a total ruck start to finish!

Not really bothered about either tomorrow to be honest. Might try to catch some of the county - utd game, but if the cheats score a couple in the 1st half it's a dead duck. Same for chelski.

Next saturday should be okay tho, Championship Play-off Final in the afternoon, then CL final at night.

Is it weird that rather than the 3 major cup finals, it's the championship game I'm looking forward to most?

No it's not weird. The championship games will be far more competitive than the cup finals, though at least up here the OF aren't involved. Of the two cup finals I'd guess the Scottish one will be the more competitive - as long as the United forwards keep their hands to their sides.

English football doesn't do anything for me whatsoever.

It's all about Ross County tomorrow!

it was all about Scottish football today. The SFA for once did us proud - the children with the flags, the parading of the cup with Golac and Billy Ferries ( who says there's no sentiment in football?); the playing of the club songs; the pipe band, just everything. A packed stadium, passion, heartbreak - and not an Ulster flag or Republic flag in sight; no mention of Derry's Walls or the Soldiers Song; no chants about King Billy or the Pope.

And the sycophsntic Glasgow press tell us that we can't do without the OF ! You bet we can !!!

At the end of the Cup Final there wrerte many flags of various countries being waved by players including Iriland, Ghana, Argentina, etc. and this was supposed to be a SCOTTISH cup final. So much for the pride of pklaying in OUR big day