.......................Erskine

.................Grehan.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

McGowan

Campbell

Stewart

Fraser

Pretty attacking team, in terms of the players playing, don't see how McGowan will be able to start after having had 2 flights & possibly 2 midweek games in the last couple of days. Paton, McNamara, Cairney & Hodge out.

...........................Fox

..........Balatoni.....Kinniburgh.....Archibald

Robertson.....................................Boyle

.................Rowson..... McGowan

Subs:

Scully

Flannigan

Campbell

Donnelly

Fraser

I think McGowan will start, not ideal but shows how short we are in midfield.

If McCall wants to stick with 3-5-2:

.................Rowson.....Flannigan

Subs:

Scully

McGowan

Campbell

Stewart

Fraser

Pretty attacking team, in terms of the players playing, don't see how McGowan will be able to start after having had 2 flights & possibly 2 midweek games in the last couple of days. Paton, McNamara, Cairney & Hodge out.

Surely what McGowan was inolved in was a kind of week-long training camp, and didn't play any games or if he did they were knock-about. I'd think he'd be fit enough to slot in and considering Dunfermline will be a much harder game than Stirling, I'd expect to see him in - maybe for Erskine. Flannigan's experience and cool head would be valuable. Erskine's better coming on as an "impact" player anyway.

(And I'd have got that in first if the forum hadn't hung up on me there!1 :mad2:

Same team at Tuesday with Kinniburgh replacing McNamara for me.

McNamara is out yet is meant to be starting a game on Sunday in Ronnie Coyle's benefit match along with Donnelly. Strange that players still playing professional football are allowed to risk injury at this time in the season with an already growing injury list. :thinking:

http://www.ronniecoyle.co.uk/benefit-match

McNamara is out yet is meant to be starting a game on Sunday in Ronnie Coyle's benefit match along with Donnelly. Strange that players still playing professional football are allowed to risk injury at this time in the season with an already growing injury list. :thinking:

Maybe more to the point: if Gerry Britton can play in that match, then stick him on alongside Doolan tomorrow!

4-4-2

Fox

Robertson

Kinniburgh

Archibald

Boyle

Campbell

Rowson

McGowan

Erskine

Doolan

Fraser

Subs

Scully

Balatoni

McNamara

Flannigan

Grehan

Edited to add - If McBeth is fit, I would put him on the bench instead of McNamara.

Edited by kni

Obviously we're leaving him out so he'll be fit for the benefit match. :P

Maybe he gets paid so little by us he gets to choose when and if he plays. :rolleyes:

Surely what McGowan was inolved in was a kind of week-long training camp, and didn't play any games or if he did they were knock-about. I'd think he'd be fit enough to slot in and considering Dunfermline will be a much harder game than Stirling, I'd expect to see him in - maybe for Erskine. Flannigan's experience and cool head would be valuable. Erskine's better coming on as an "impact" player anyway.

(And I'd have got that in first if the forum hadn't hung up on me there!1 :mad2:

They had a match on Wednesday & Thursday, according to the OS last week. How much, if any, he played I don't know.

If McCall wants to stick with 3-5-2:

.................Rowson.....Flannigan

Subs:

Scully

McGowan

Campbell

Stewart

Fraser

I usually find your guesses accurate, 1JL, but correct me if I'm wrong but McCall usually surprises you with the one selection. On that basis I'll say either Flannigan or Erskine won't start and McGowan, despite his midweek exertions, will start instead.

Also for what it's worth, and I can be accused of splitting hairs, but I'd have thought Balatoni will play as sweeper with Willie K playing at right centre back. :unsure:

I usually find your guesses accurate, 1JL, but correct me if I'm wrong but McCall usually surprises you with the one selection. On that basis I'll say either Flannigan or Erskine won't start and McGowan, despite his midweek exertions, will start instead.

Also for what it's worth, and I can be accused of splitting hairs, but I'd have thought Balatoni will play as sweeper with Willie K playing at right centre back. :unsure:

good lady, you are splitting hairs !! LOL.

Heard Erskine didn't have the best of days at stirling. May be that he makes way for McGowan.

I initially had Balatoni at sweeper, but thought Kinniburgh may be better due to having more experience. Doesn't really matter I suppose, McCall may spring a surprise & go 4-4-2, who knows!

4-4-2

Fox

Robertson

Kinniburgh

Archibald

Boyle

Campbell

Rowson

McGowan

Erskine

Doolan

Fraser

Subs

Scully

Balatoni

McNamara

Flannigan

Grehan

Edited to add - If McBeth is fit, I would put him on the bench instead of McNamara.

I'm sure Campbell and Fraser will start some games in the very near future but just can't see it being today.

I'm sure Campbell and Fraser will start some games in the very near future but just can't see it being today.

I was stating my preference rather than a prediction. There are plenty of clubs at a higher level who give teenagers starts. McCall is reluctant to put even them on the start. Fraser is not even in today's squad with Grehan starting again! Donnelly and Stewart are on the bench. :(

Edited by kni

Looks like I was completely wrong in my team prediction. Manager's gone for 4-4-2 with Robbo/Boyle full backs and Ballatoni/Archie centre backs.

midfield Flanigan, Rowser, McGowan, Erskine; Doolan/Grehan up front.

After a good start by us, Dunfermline seem to be looking dangerous (at least as far as I can make out from the OS which is really just guesswork).

Pretty even first half, although Thistle have shaded it for me. That said, Fox has had a couple of good saves.

If we can be a bit more positive in the second half and get the ball into the box more often, then I'm quite positive about getting a result. (So we're probably in for a pumping!)

Some good touches in the air from Grehan, Erskine's been a bit hot and cold, but looks like he could pull something off, and Rowson is having an excellent game so far. Only disappointment so far has been McGowan, who has been largely anonymous.

Cowdenbeath winning against Dundee just now and Morton losing to County gives us a good chance to lead the pack for fourth place if we can win this one. QoS might be ahead on goal difference cos of their win earlier though.

If cowdenbeath keep this up - who would have predicted it would be them to end Dundee's winning run?

Dunfermline were by far the better team in the second half, to be honest. Not much from Thistle aside from a couple of counter attacks. Donnelly contributed very little and we seemed to want to sit back after he came on (although you can't really blame one player for that).

Couldnt make the game today due to chest infection but the text i received at the end suggested that we had been the far better side... :unsure: