Mccall To Kille

Ruchillnomore

My mate works next to Firhill he says mccall's never out the bookies!!

If your mate works next to Firhill he will no doubt know that their is not a bookie next to Firhill. Their is of course one on Maryhill Road but for your mate to know McCall is never out the bookies would ensure therefore that your mate is never out the bookies either

Your post bears no relation to the actual reality of the situation. We are thought to have the third lowest budget in this league, yet you expect is to finish first? Not only that it’s McCall’s lack of coaching ability that’s the problem?

Second half of the season we are one of the top 3 teams in this league. If the season was starting again now and McCall could add a decent striker we would have a right good chance of winning the league.

Our budget means that teams like Dundee and Dunfermline can get in front of us for players. The reality is most of the players McCall signs is because teams like Dundee and Dunfermline don’t want them.

We probably have the best young players coming through in this league; I seriously doubt anybody has better.

The two best managers in the league are McGlynn and McCall.

Everything AM says but I`d add that in my opinion Mccall is by a distance the best manager in the league.

Could the moral majority please explain to me why his love of gambling in any way effects his abilities as a manager?.............I`ll take anything.

Got a feeling that comparative budgets will be less of an issue next season. All clubs will be cutting back. I don't expect MacDonald at Hamilton to splash out the parachute payment on big time players and if Dunfermline get promoted only serial overspenders like Livi & Dundee could go against the grain. Even they might see sense :unsure: .

Why I say comparative budgets is that I reckon for say £100 more in a wage packet a player certainly isn't going to upsticks to another area, put kids into another school, wife/girlfriend give up their job etc. Even, with the cost of travel these days, relatively short commuting distances would soon eat into an extra £100 or so. The one advantage we've got over many other clubs is our central location (population wise), so even with a relatively low budget we should still be able to compete for players.

All that goes out the window if another club breaks rank and does a Dundee. I just feel that next season there's a very good chance that there'll be no club trying to buy their way out the league.

Got a feeling that comparative budgets will be less of an issue next season. All clubs will be cutting back. I don't expect MacDonald at Hamilton to splash out the parachute payment on big time players and if Dunfermline get promoted only serial overspenders like Livi & Dundee could go against the grain. Even they might see sense :unsure: .

Why I say comparative budgets is that I reckon for say £100 more in a wage packet a player certainly isn't going to upsticks to another area, put kids into another school, wife/girlfriend give up their job etc. Even, with the cost of travel these days, relatively short commuting distances would soon eat into an extra £100 or so. The one advantage we've got over many other clubs is our central location (population wise), so even with a relatively low budget we should still be able to compete for players.

All that goes out the window if another club breaks rank and does a Dundee. I just feel that next season there's a very good chance that there'll be no club trying to buy their way out the league.

Along with Dundee and Livi, I feel Morton may carry on their tradition of overspending considerably, already getting linked with Colin McMenamin I see.

But certainly Queen of the South for one will be cutting right back, dont honestly know about Ross County and what their financial state is

Along with Dundee and Livi, I feel Morton may carry on their tradition of overspending considerably, already getting linked with Colin McMenamin I see.

But certainly Queen of the South for one will be cutting right back, dont honestly know about Ross County and what their financial state is

I'll take a stab at McMenamin (a local lad I believe) being an example of one of those players that'll be looking for a club nearer home (I realise QoS train in Glasgow) and in any case I'd be fairly sure he no longer comes with a high wage demand. Since the turn of the year he's been scoring quite freely but that's the first time in a good while.

Not so sure Rae (the Morton one) will be overspending to the same degree. I may be wrong but I don't think they've had a crowd of over 2000 since we went there in August. They'll be feeling the pinch for sure.

Ross Co have to spend a good bit more just to get players re-locating to the Heilans. In budgetary terms I doubt there'll be much net difference between us and QoS, Morton, Ross Co, Raith, & Accies. Whoever wins the play offs is likely to have less dosh. Falkirk we're led to believe are in a financial mess and I doubt Livi will be going for a hattrick of administrations just yet. Dundee will probably on a combination of the strength of a their home crowds and their interminable cheatability along with the Pars (if they don't go up this season) be the two clubs who'll we'll not come close to when competing for a player.

All in all I'll take a lot of convincing before I'll believe that we can't compete at the top of the division next season purely due to our financial situation.

Does McCall's contract have an official end date? I thought it was one of these rolling things.

No way is McCall the best manager in this league. The only good thing at the club right now is the youth and while he may or may not have sacrificed buying a player to allow the youth development to continue I was under the impression he has very little to do with it. And whilst you don't want to dent their confidence too much and I understand he is intentionally using them sparingly I don't feel he is giving enough game time to them.

In terms of signings (even allowing for this allegedly miniscule budget) he is largely hopeless.

In terms of tactics, team line ups and substitutions he gets it wrong far more than he gets it right.

I packed up my tent from the McCall Out camp a while back but I still wouldn't be bothered if he left for Killie or anywhere else.

Rae at Morton has been bemoaning the lack of fans going to cappielow for most of the season. Local paper had an article couple of months ago, stating rae may chuck it if crowds son't improve. They haven't , in fact they have got worse so be interesting to see what he does in the close season.

The have a dump of a stadium yet continue to spend on the playing staff.

One saving grace for them is the fact they seem to have unearthed a right talent at the club at youth level. Celtic have shown a major interest in the lad (sorry can't remember his name). Think he is 15 or 16 years old but already playing at a higher level and attracting a lot of interest. A family member plays for their u17 side and while he states their youth set up is not great just now, this lad is a real talent. They are also working very hard at improving their youth set ups.

If your mate works next to Firhill he will no doubt know that their is not a bookie next to Firhill. Their is of course one on Maryhill Road but for your mate to know McCall is never out the bookies would ensure therefore that your mate is never out the bookies either

Oh sorry the bookies a couple of streets away from Firhill then. And did i say my mate wasn't always in the bookies? no i didn't. Cheers.

Oh sorry the bookies a couple of streets away from Firhill then. And did i say my mate wasn't always in the bookies? no i didn't. Cheers.

Just out of interest where is the nearest bookies to Firhill? An away fan asked me in the S & G and I sent him way down to the foot of Possil Rd. So there's a bookies closer to the ground. Where?

Your post bears no relation to the actual reality of the situation. We are thought to have the third lowest budget in this league, yet you expect is to finish first? Not only that it’s McCall’s lack of coaching ability that’s the problem?

Where in my post did i state (or in any post i have made) that i expect us to finish first in any season?

For instance I said Mcall will be wishing "that the young ones step up to the mark next season - though any failure (perceived or otherwise) will no doubt be blamed by IM at lack of budget, youngsters mistakes, anything to deflect blame from McCall himself and his managerial shortcomings."

Next season, if we are seeing 3, 4 or even 5 or more players who come through from our youths playing every week in the first team, I'd say a 5th to 7th would be acceptable, but feel they could have potential to get closer to 3rd if we get a decent playing surface and they gel as a team next season. Failure in my eyes would be relegation or just avoiding playoff spot.

As for your saying I said it's McCall’s lack of coaching ability that’s the problem? Not just coaching, once again read my post, i said managerial shortcomings.

Your post bears no relation to the actual reality of what I posted.

And in relation to the rest of your post: As Uberslim said:

No way is McCall the best manager in this league. The only good thing at the club right now is the youth and while he may or may not have sacrificed buying a player to allow the youth development to continue I was under the impression he has very little to do with it. And whilst you don't want to dent their confidence too much and I understand he is intentionally using them sparingly I don't feel he is giving enough game time to them.

In terms of signings (even allowing for this allegedly miniscule budget) he is largely hopeless.

In terms of tactics, team line ups and substitutions he gets it wrong far more than he gets it right.

I packed up my tent from the McCall Out camp a while back but I still wouldn't be bothered if he left for Killie or anywhere else.

Where in my post did i state (or in any post i have made) that i expect us to finish first in any season?

For instance I said Mcall will be wishing "that the young ones step up to the mark next season - though any failure (perceived or otherwise) will no doubt be blamed by IM at lack of budget, youngsters mistakes, anything to deflect blame from McCall himself and his managerial shortcomings."

Next season, if we are seeing 3, 4 or even 5 or more players who come through from our youths playing every week in the first team, I'd say a 5th to 7th would be acceptable, but feel they could have potential to get closer to 3rd if we get a decent playing surface and they gel as a team next season. Failure in my eyes would be relegation or just avoiding playoff spot.

As for your saying I said it's McCall’s lack of coaching ability that’s the problem? Not just coaching, once again read my post, i said managerial shortcomings.

Your post bears no relation to the actual reality of what I posted.

And in relation to the rest of your post: As Uberslim said:

I will rephrase then you expect us to be a top 3 team with the lowest full-time budget in the league?

As for the low budget it cost us players like Scott Dobbie and Willie Gibson. There are many more targets missed out.

Fans are too soon to blame things like tactics and substitutions. I bet the Hamilton fans are blaming poor substitutions and tactics even though Reid has done wonders at Hamilton. Same with Jim Jefferies when he was at Kilmarnock and Gus Macpherson at St Mirren.

If Lambie was in charge just now I don’t think we would be in a better position.

Edited by Alan Murray