4Pm Pitch Inspection

twinny

lol

Some traditions have to be maintained.

I'll be happy to pop up to Firhill at 4 and give the pitch a cursory glance and declare it fit for play.

Referee can then call it off at quarter past seven.

I think we should just have one match with Falkirk - winner takes all at a neutral venue!

I see Pressley is at it again... quote from the papers this morning... He said: "We are very aware the pitch is in terrible condition. Thistle are well organised and difficult to break down - they are also very physical and we know how difficult it will be."

Physical?! According to the programme from Saturday, his team have had significantly more red/yellow cards this season than us. Ref's must be going easy on us! He was muttering about a "lack of respect" towards him at Cappielow on Saturday. No doubt it will be someone else's fault when he gets his jotters at the end of the season. Delusional as well as egotistical.

I see Pressley is at it again... quote from the papers this morning... He said: "We are very aware the pitch is in terrible condition. Thistle are well organised and difficult to break down - they are also very physical and we know how difficult it will be."

Physical?! According to the programme from Saturday, his team have had significantly more red/yellow cards this season than us. Ref's must be going easy on us! He was muttering about a "lack of respect" towards him at Cappielow on Saturday. No doubt it will be someone else's fault when he gets his jotters at the end of the season. Delusional as well as egotistical.

My attempt to avoid work has led me to run a statistical analysis of the yellow and red cards received by both teams in the 30 league games played using an independant t-test.

Thistle average 1.27 yellows per game, with Falkirk receiving 1.9. The probability of these values being similar is 0.044 (less than 0.05 means they are significantly different, i.e. this difference is not down to chance).

For red cards the probability value is 0.398, indicating no difference. This will be caused by the rarity of red cards, so even though Falkirk have had 4 reds (0.67 per game) to our 2 (1.33 per game), there is no difference due to the number of games where no reds were shown, 26 and 28 respectively.

While I collected this data, I noticed Twaddle seemed to be booked in a lot of games, though I didn't note how many times. We haven't received a card of any colour in 5 games, and have only received 2 bookings in the last 8 games we've played.

My attempt to avoid work has led me to run a statistical analysis of the yellow and red cards received by both teams in the 30 league games played using an independant t-test.

Thistle average 1.27 yellows per game, with Falkirk receiving 1.9. The probability of these values being similar is 0.044 (less than 0.05 means they are significantly different, i.e. this difference is not down to chance).

For red cards the probability value is 0.398, indicating no difference. This will be caused by the rarity of red cards, so even though Falkirk have had 4 reds (0.67 per game) to our 2 (1.33 per game), there is no difference due to the number of games where no reds were shown, 26 and 28 respectively.

While I collected this data, I noticed Twaddle seemed to be booked in a lot of games, though I didn't note how many times. We haven't received a card of any colour in 5 games, and have only received 2 bookings in the last 8 games we've played.

Should've gone non-parametric there, I'd have thought.....

:rolleyes:

FIngers crossed this is off, I want to watch the Champions League tonight.

Im praying this game is called off, I've been coughing my guts up since Friday. I was mad enough to still attend Saturday's match, but I really dont think its wise for me to go tonight when its going to be cold and wet. With the state our pitch was in before this heavy rain, surely theres no chance of this game going ahead?

Can't see this game being on somehow, unless we raid another beach before kick off. However I see Paul Cairney is back in the squad should the match go ahead. That's got to be a plus?

That article says Cairney hasn't "kicked a ball in five weeks"; I can assure you it's been way longer than that.

If the rain in Maryhill is anything like it is in Coatbridge currently, the game will be off.

Can't see this game being on somehow, unless we raid another beach before kick off. However I see Paul Cairney is back in the squad should the match go ahead. That's got to be a plus?

Paul Cairney of early 2009/10 season back in the squad is a plus. Paul Cairney since then back in the squad is a terrifying prospect.