Erskine

Campbell

Stewart

Fraser

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erskine has been poor and playing him and Flannigan together is not ideal. Flannigan’s second half performance last week was excellent and hopefully he can continue in this form.

McCall could also surprise us by putting McNamara into the sweeper role or starting Campbell next to Rowson.

Will be viewing this game from the Falkirk end (I think). They seem to hate Pressley as much as we do so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Can see us going with a 3-5-2 again since it has frustrated Falkirk before. Would be tempted to start Jamie Campbell but suspect he'll be on the bench again. Expect us to line-up with the same team as last week. As much as Erskine as been playing poorly recently, Cairney has been awful all season and doesn't deserve to walk straight back into the team.

I presume the reason Tommy Stewart wasn't in the squad last week is due to the uncertainty over the suspension he picked up in Northern Ireland. Suppose it gives him some extra time to get to a decent level of fitness.

Will be viewing this game from the Falkirk end (I think). They seem to hate Pressley as much as we do so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Can see us going with a 3-5-2 again since it has frustrated Falkirk before. Would be tempted to start Jamie Campbell but suspect he'll be on the bench again. Expect us to line-up with the same team as last week. As much as Erskine as been playing poorly recently, Cairney has been awful all season and doesn't deserve to walk straight back into the team.

I presume the reason Tommy Stewart wasn't in the squad last week is due to the uncertainty over the suspension he picked up in Northern Ireland. Suppose it gives him some extra time to get to a decent level of fitness.

Certainly Pressley won't have helped the situation last week. Seems there was a fight with him and some Falkirk fans in the hospitality suite at Cappielow last week. From what I've been told Pressley had to be dragged out and nearly ended up fighting with Mark McNally outside.

Cairney doesnt deserve to walk straight back into the team.

Falkirks pitch is likely to suit our favoured style of play, and i'd expect it to suit Erskine as well. Looking forward to the games at TFS as I think we'll show Pressley what a footballing side actually looks like.

According to STV online Flannigan will miss out thru injury. Even if not correct it's been touch and go this week whether he'll make it or not. Could see Cairney start for either of those reasons and not just because he's available again.

Bit concerned that guys like Erskine & Cairney with no real form will start. Grehan's border line on that count as well. On the other hand a feature of the second part of this season is that players who've played poorly in in their previous matches are often in contention for MotM in a following game. So we're certainly due a stormer from Erskine today :unsure:

According to STV online Flannigan will miss out thru injury. Even if not correct it's been touch and go this week whether he'll make it or not. Could see Cairney start for either of those reasons and not just because he's available again.

Bit concerned that guys like Erskine & Cairney with no real form will start. Grehan's border line on that count as well. On the other hand a feature of the second part of this season is that players who've played poorly in in their previous matches are often in contention for MotM in a following game. So we're certainly due a stormer from Erskine today :unsure:

Campbell should start then, for me.

The forum has been pretty quiet this week but I'm feeling a little excited about this one. Pressley could be out of a job and we could be looking at top four if we put in a couple of good performances in the next week and a half.

campbell starts at right wing back, with fraser, mcgeough and mcgrotty on the bench. Hope McGrotty gets a run out.

So it's the same line up as the OP except Campbell in for Robertson and Erskine in for Flannigan. I'm hoping Cairney has himself sorted out but I'm not holding my breath. Good to see the youngsters on the bench, think they should get a run out, especially if you consider the only other option in McNamara.

So no Robbo. Is that due to injury or are we now planning for life without him !!

Good to see Campbell getting a start. See still no Stewart.

Banned due to a ban he received in Ireland crossing the border.

Edited by twinny