Rowson Out

Jaggernaut

From ptfc.co.uk: Rowson misses tomorrow's game because of Tuesday's sending off, and misses out at Dundee for accumulating too many bookings.

He's one player that at least tries to lift the team in the middle of the park when things aren't going well. So no chance of Cairney being dropped; this might help him to start focusing more. Who else will go into midfield? Presumably Campbell will keep his place, so that leaves one more, and it needs to be somebody that can tackle, so that rules Sid out.

I've always liked Rowson in both his spells at Firhill. In fact I feel at times he's almost worthy of a testimonial.

That said, and maybe others have the same opinion as myself, but today I'm close to rather cynical thoughts about DR. I'll leave it at that till we find out more about next season's squad.

Deliberately getting suspended to save himself from getting injured pending a PCA for next season?

Great player, should be offered a contract NOW, no matter who the manager will be next season.

We need Rowson for next season.

But can we afford him? Paddy Boyle knocked us back. Rowson could get better pay in English non-league football. All our senior players will probably have to take wage cuts to remain Jags. They have mortgages and bills to pay and cannot afford to play for buttons. The youngsters are probably living at home with their parents.

Our recent home crowds have been poor and we only got 2,060 today. Full-time football is unsustainable on average crowds of less than 2,500. We will be relying on our young players and a few loan players next season. Here's our team for next season based on the 16 players who have contracts for next season.

Fox

Paton

Boyle hopefully but, realistically, a new left back

Stevenson

Kinniburgh

Campbell

McBeth

Cairney

Erskine

Doolan

Grehan

Subs - Scully, McGeough, Bannigan, Fraser, Burns/McGrotty

Hinchcliffe, Robertson, Boyle, Archibald, Maxwell, McNamara, Flannigan, Rowson, Hodge Donnelly are out of contract in May. In addition, Shepherd and Lochhead were told by McCall that they would be released. With Balatoni, 13 players or coaches could be leaving. I doubt that the new management team will be able to offer contracts to 3 or 4, on lower wages, at the most.