Team For Tomorrow

I don’t expect Rowson to play, Flannigan to come in for him. Jackie will want to give him a chance to earn a new deal. Very unlucky for injury to come at the time it did, he was really starting to play well. If we could get him to more of the dirty work in midfield then I think he could be one the best midfielders in the divisition.

I don’t see us keeping Hodge and Flannigan for next year though.

Edit to add Scully might be a half time sub.

Edited by Alan Murray

.............................Fox

McGeough.....Balatoni.....Archibald.....Boyle

..........Cairney.....Rowson.....Erskine

...........Stewart.....Fraser.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Lochhead

Campbell

Flannigan

Burns

Can't disagree much with that, in fact I'd put out the same team. Only wonder if the manager will play Rowson in defence rather than give McGeogh a start and keep the same midfield as the last two games.

I'd like to see Burns come on later and get at least 30 minutes. Maybe the the manager will shock us and give Burns a start and bring on Fraser later. Would be interesting to see how the two young forwards work together.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I don’t expect Rowson to play, Flannigan to come in for him. Jackie will want to give him a chance to earn a new deal. Very unlucky for injury to come at the time it did, he was really starting to play well. If we could get him to more of the dirty work in midfield then I think he could be one the best midfielders in the divisition.

I don’t see us keeping Hodge and Flannigan for next year though.

Edit to add Scully might be a half time sub.

I was thinking that as well though Jackie hints on the Offical Website that he may well be playing. Guy deserves a standing ovation if he does.

I was thinking that as well though Jackie hints on the Offical Website that he may well be playing. Guy deserves a standing ovation if he does.

I didn't think he'd play, but put him in after reading Jackie's piece on the official site. Hope he scores if he does play, also sincerely hope it's not the last time we see him in a Jags shirt. Verging on being a modern day legend in my eyes, great player in both spells for us, also got my vote for POTY.

Jackie on Rowson "we welcome David Rowson back after a period of suspension and after what will have been a really tough time for him after the death of his father. His availability tomorrow says much about the type of player that David is.” :)

Edited by kni

My suggested team (4-3-3)

Fox

Balatoni

Lochhead

Archibald

Boyle

Flannigan

Rowson

Cairney

Erskine

Doolan

Stewart

Subs

Scully

McGeough

Campbell

Fraser

Burns

It seems that Jackie prefers Lochhead to McGeough.

It seems that Jackie prefers Lochhead to McGeough.

Yes, funny that, though his hand was forced a bit due to injuries. Wonder if he'll be offered a contract after all or is he in the squad because we've no other option and it's useful for the young lad to be in the shop window?

Yes, funny that, though his hand was forced a bit due to injuries. Wonder if he'll be offered a contract after all or is he in the squad because we've no other option and it's useful for the young lad to be in the shop window?

Probably both those reasons. There will be no more contracts offered until the new manager is appointed. Lochhead might get a contract from Jackie if he gets the job and likes the lad. The problem is that several senior players will be left in limbo, e.g. Rowson, Flannigan and (possibly) Hodge. With lower attendances recently, the board will want to bank the savings in wages. It would suit them to take their time over the appointment.

Probably both those reasons. There will be no more contracts offered until the new manager is appointed. Lochhead might get a contract from Jackie if he gets the job and likes the lad. The problem is that several senior players will be left in limbo, e.g. Rowson, Flannigan and (possibly) Hodge. With lower attendances recently, the board will want to bank the savings in wages. It would suit them to take their time over the appointment.

Hmmm .. there's a lot in what you say. I just home they don't make the savings at the expense of losing someone like Rowson. I think he'd sign again if he got a decent offer from us soon but if he's kept hanging around then the temptation to go elsewhere gets stronger.

for what it is worth...

...........Scully

Campbell.........Rowson.......Erskine

......Stewart.....Doolan

..........Burns......

Subs:

Fox

Lochhead

Cairney

Flannigan

McGroty

Not sure about Rowser given his loss recently but fair play if he is up for it !

Youngsters and why not !

for what it is worth...

...........Scully

Campbell.........Rowson.......Erskine

......Stewart.....Doolan

..........Burns......

Subs:

Fox

Lochhead

Cairney

Flannigan

McGroty

Not sure about Rowser given his loss recently but fair play if he is up for it !

Youngsters and why not !

Why not? Because our temporary manager wants to be our full time manager.

Don't think it should be like that but I can't really blame Jackie if he puts getting the result in front of all else.

edited to add I wish I'd listened to the Jagscast first. Scully in goals Stewart and Erkine up front and Jamie Campbell in a different position.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Scully starts with Jamie Campbell at right-back - http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/todays_team_v_raith_rovers_-_07_05_11

1. Ryan Scully

2. Jamie Campbell

3. Paddy Boyle

4. Paul Cairney

5. Conrad Balatoni

6. Alan Archibald

7. Tommy Stewart

8. David Rowson

9. Kris Doolan

10. Chris Erskine

11. Iain Flannigan

subs

12. Scott Fox

14. Kieran Burns

15. Ross McGeough

16. Kyle Lochhead

17. Shaun Fraser

It looks like McGeough will be leaving.

I just managed to navigate my way to the live updates on the official site without accidentally seeing the score, and reading from the bottom of the page lived the game through the text (as I started doing this the BBC started the results, so had to finish quickly). As I got to the Doolan goal I was praying for one more from him to give him the ginger boot, but was even more delighted to see Rowson score. He doesn't score often so it should mark the end of a good season for him, where he's been more attacking than I remember and I'm sure he'd dedicate the goal to his late father.

It's very promising that we played so many youths and came away with a good win, though I'll wait to hear what the performance was actually like and what sort of team Raith sent out and how motivated they seemed.

Thanks for a good season, thistle. Unlucky to miss out on the top four by 2 points, but at least we finished ahead of Dundee and Morton. A better first half of the season would have seen us in the fight at the top end.

Great game and a really good goal from rowson.

I just managed to navigate my way to the live updates on the official site without accidentally seeing the score, and reading from the bottom of the page lived the game through the text (as I started doing this the BBC started the results, so had to finish quickly). As I got to the Doolan goal I was praying for one more from him to give him the ginger boot, but was even more delighted to see Rowson score. He doesn't score often so it should mark the end of a good season for him, where he's been more attacking than I remember and I'm sure he'd dedicate the goal to his late father.

It's very promising that we played so many youths and came away with a good win, though I'll wait to hear what the performance was actually like and what sort of team Raith sent out and how motivated they seemed.

Thanks for a good season, thistle. Unlucky to miss out on the top four by 2 points, but at least we finished ahead of Dundee and Morton. A better first half of the season would have seen us in the fight at the top end.

A 3-0 win over Rovers (especially with a long list of injuries and a suspension) was a great result. It will greatly help Jackie's chances of getting the manager's job permanently. I just hope that we can retain David Rowson's services for next season.

The official updates suggest that Scully had a few let-offs. It would useful to hear the opinions of those who were there. We may need to recruit a new number 2 for Fox. Stewart seems to be getting better with every game. Should we sign him up?

A 3-0 win over Rovers (especially with a long list of injuries and a suspension) was a great result. It will greatly help Jackie's chances of getting the manager's job permanently. I just hope that we can retain David Rowson's services for next season.

The official updates suggest that Scully had a few let-offs. It would useful to hear the opinions of those who were there. We may need to recruit a new number 2 for Fox. Stewart seems to be getting better with every game. Should we sign him up?

Steady on. IIRC, Tuffey shipped 6 goals in his second game for us but we kept faith with him.

Let's give Scully the opportunity to get comfortable playing for the first team.

• Members

Stewart impressed again and took his goal really well. Scully let one squirm underneath him in the first half and looked mightily relieved to see it just scrape past the post. He had a poor clearance undewr no real pressure in the second half that a Raith player hit first time from just inside our half but he was well off target with Scully still on the edge of his box. He looked a bit nervy, but it was his first appearance so he can be excused and statistics show he had a clean sheet on his first team debut.

Stewart impressed again and took his goal really well. Scully let one squirm underneath him in the first half and looked mightily relieved to see it just scrape past the post. He had a poor clearance undewr no real pressure in the second half that a Raith player hit first time from just inside our half but he was well off target with Scully still on the edge of his box. He looked a bit nervy, but it was his first appearance so he can be excused and statistics show he had a clean sheet on his first team debut.

Nonsense, he knew it was going wide & meant it! :thinking:

Edited by 1 John Lambie