Is Anyone Else Worried..?

jagscast

I am extremely worried about how optimistic I appear to be about Thistle today.

I think that McNamara has the makings of a fantastic manager, and could be a future Thistle legend. I can honestly see us looking back on today with a smile, the start of a golden era.

There is just something about him. Maybe it's his quiet man apprach to things, a thinker. Maybe it's his boyish good looks. I'm not sure.

Anyway, all the best to the new management team. I'll be behind you (not like that) 100%.

Remember to check out our interview with Jackie:

Talk to the Panda

Edited by jagscast

Funnily enough I have the exact same optimism and good feeling about this. Don't know why but I also think Jackie could turn out to be a great success and I am starting to get very excited about next season already. I may be completely wrong but I have a good feeling.

New manager

What appeared to be much more attacking football in his games in charge

Solid defensive performance since signing Fox

One of the best records in the league for the 2nd half of the season

1 of very few (if any) 1st division teams to have pretty much all of their team signed up for next season.

(Joint) top scorer in the division

A player in Tommy Stewart who seems to have a good shot on him and isn't afraid to have a go.

I'm just waiting on something ruining the optimism.

New manager

What appeared to be much more attacking football in his games in charge

Solid defensive performance since signing Fox

One of the best records in the league for the 2nd half of the season

1 of very few (if any) 1st division teams to have pretty much all of their team signed up for next season.

(Joint) top scorer in the division

A player in Tommy Stewart who seems to have a good shot on him and isn't afraid to have a go.

I'm just waiting on something ruining the optimism.

See above.

Hamilton coming down can't ruin my optimism since they are dire. Dundee I shall wait and see who they keep, there's talk of Harkins and Forsyth going who are 2 of their better players and Livi can't take much more points off us than Cowdenbeath did anyway.

The downer won't happen until the inevitable opening day defeat. :thumbsup2:

Hamilton coming down can't ruin my optimism since they are dire. Dundee I shall wait and see who they keep, there's talk of Harkins and Forsyth going who are 2 of their better players and Livi can't take much more points off us than Cowdenbeath did anyway.

The downer won't happen until the inevitable opening day defeat. :thumbsup2:

Which will inevitably follow a brilliant run of result in the pre-season friendlies!

Reminds me of the famous Cliff Hanley quote: "Accies have got a sh1te team this year, they'll murder us"!

worried, not sure , but i do have this good feeling about jackie's appointment. spent a bit of time talking to him on sunday and he came across as a really decent guy with high hopes for the club.

of course it is a gamble but its one im glad we took.

Think a lot of the positives come from the feel good factor from last game of season and the fun day last sunday. firhill was a good place to be last sunday....a place this supporter hopes to spend much more time at next season.

worried, not sure , but i do have this good feeling about jackie's appointment. spent a bit of time talking to him on sunday and he came across as a really decent guy with high hopes for the club.

of course it is a gamble but its one im glad we took.

Think a lot of the positives come from the feel good factor from last game of season and the fun day last sunday. firhill was a good place to be last sunday....a place this supporter hopes to spend much more time at next season.

I have to agree, there was a huge feel good factor last week. Feeling like the fans eventually being drawn closer to the club. Jackie is a good guy that has the respect of the players from what i gathered last week.

I feel more optimistic about this appointment than i did the appointment of McCall who i rated highly.

I have to agree, there was a huge feel good factor last week. Feeling like the fans eventually being drawn closer to the club. Jackie is a good guy that has the respect of the players from what i gathered last week.

I feel more optimistic about this appointment than i did the appointment of McCall who i rated highly.

Me too. I'm hoping that we've sorted ourselves out fairly well on and off the field, and some of our rivals next season may have some harder times coming.

A wee thumbs up too for the Jagscast and what that's bringing us, including this. Pre-fanzine days seem like light years ago.

Thank you for your kind words beep0608.

Hoping to bring you an even better service next season.

I have enjoyed the service as well and was wondering after the positive feedback from the interview with Jackie if there were plans to do something along those lines with David Beattie or one of the other Directors?

A fourteen-goal meerkat isn't too bad.

Have never denied Doolan did well and far better than anyone expected but even the most optimistic supporter should recognise that he is far more comfortable in a support role than as recognised striker. With the lack of contribution in terms of goals from our midfield and to a lesser extent defence, then 14 goals from our recognised centre forward will not nearly be enough to sustain a promotion challenge

Have never denied Doolan did well and far better than anyone expected but even the most optimistic supporter should recognise that he is far more comfortable in a support role than as recognised striker. With the lack of contribution in terms of goals from our midfield and to a lesser extent defence, then 14 goals from our recognised centre forward will not nearly be enough to sustain a promotion challenge

Tommy Stewart? Not a bad start to his Jags career. And he can shoot from distance!

Tommy Stewart? Not a bad start to his Jags career. And he can shoot from distance!

I don't know if HJ is meaning in addition to Stewart or not but I'd put Stewart on as a priority signing. I still think if financially possible a Div 1 experienced striker should be up there in the priority stakes with maybe one of the younger players going out on loan. All tho' secondary to signing Stewart.

I don't know if HJ is meaning in addition to Stewart or not but I'd put Stewart on as a priority signing. I still think if financially possible a Div 1 experienced striker should be up there in the priority stakes with maybe one of the younger players going out on loan. All tho' secondary to signing Stewart.

Agreed. Hope that JM can persuade him to sign up very soon.

Must be honest, I`ve never seen Stewart kick a ball so obviously am in no position to make judgement but everything I`ve read or heard indicates that he`s a player who likes to play wide. He also apparently isn`t the tallest of players. A bit simplistic but that`s not going to give us a regular goal scoring forward.

At the risk of repeating myself and apologising for interupting the happy mood of optimism but we DO NOT HAVE A STRIKER on the team sheet. We have a couple of young boys who might prove to be anything, an inside man in Doolan, Erskine (???) and possibly Stewart who is possibly a wide man. We have a midfield who contribute few goals and not much else in the team to worry opposition goalkeepers. I don`t care how bad the league will be but that lot will not win us a league.