Sun Article Today.

Phoenix

Nearly a whole page in the Sun today about our new management team. Pity there was no mention of Thistle at all. Mentioned their charity walk, mentioned the Neil Lennon situation and finshed off with the race for the SPL title. Way to go guys.

Nearly a whole page in the Sun today about our new management team. Pity there was no mention of Thistle at all. Mentioned their charity walk, mentioned the Neil Lennon situation and finshed off with the race for the SPL title. Way to go guys.

I just read the same piece, in a shop over some lunch. Gawd forbid I'd ever actually buy the rag. Anyway, it just underlines that the only point of clubs like us to most of the media is as a place where former ugly sisters players go when they're surplus to reqirements. Sadly even the Sunday Herald is going down that route these days. No 1st Division match reports now, though I see that they backtracked on the "no sports pull out" policy so if we make enough fuss then....

I have sent the Scottish Sun an e-mail outlining my displeasure at their article and informing them I will not be purchasing their product again. Although my mood was dark from the moment i got up today and swithched on the TV and realised that the image on the screen was familiar to me but the reporter, who I'm sure attended Firhill for the press conference about the installation of the next manager to secure the Scottish First Division title, was only interested in Jaggy Macs views on another manager who is not even in our league. I think the team the guy manages play in green & white but I know it's not Yeovil.

Edited by ACAB

So no different to when Jackie and Sid paraded our new home strip at the start of the season, except then it was about who would win the SPL and how Lennon would cope with management. <_<

Hopefully, we can learn our lesson and choose 2 of our higher profile players with no Old Firm connections to parade next season's new strips when they're finally revealed.

Although the danger might then be that it's totally ignored.

Interesting in the Glaswegian interview to hear JM being a bit reticent about going after loan players, and bringing youngsters "up to speed quickly".

Also, good interview with Doolan, who praises Rowser.

Amusing to see him brush off the "so will you be using your Celtic contacts to bring people in"

"I've been about... I've got more contacts than just Celtic"

Was reading the clydebank post this week and it had a picture of hinchcliff donnelly and jackie at a golf tourney in memory of k. burns,s father who sadly passed away last year.Under the photo it said partick thistles c.hinchcliff and ex celtic players donelly and mcnamara why not say jags players for them all .

At a shareholders meeting many years ago we complained that whenever we played the Old Firm all the Jags players' coverage was only about what side they 'really' supported.It was taken on board back then and that line of questioning was avoided as a result.JM and SD are perfect candidates for this type of thing in the future so perhaps they need to be briefed on keeping to the issue in hand i.e. PTFC and tell reporters outright that they won't be answering questions on other irrelevant issues to Thistle,otherwise press conferences will always be hijacked by the narrow minded press.

I liked MacNamara's comment in the Times: "We will keep him (Donnelly) for the Masters and stuff like that.”

Aye i was actually going to start a thread regarding this...I take he means the c*ltic masters team??

Why make this comment?? f8ch Celtic masters team!!!

Aye i was actually going to start a thread regarding this...I take he means the c*ltic masters team??

Why make this comment?? f8ch Celtic masters team!!!

FFS .. my only point was it was a nice bit of humour. I hate the OF bigotry but some folk here have too much of a chip on their shoulder (and too thin a skin too) about this and jump on any harmless thing to go on a rant.

Why should should you take it he means anything other than having a wee dig at his mate (implying he's getting on a bit). Nothing more to it than that. Obviously Mcnamara has a sense of humour but some of our fans don't.

Edited by Mr Bunny

FFS .. my only point was it was a nice bit of humour. I hate the OF bigotry but some folk here have too much of a chip on their shoulder (and too thin a skin too) about this and jump on any harmless thing to go on a rant.

Why should should you take it he means anything other than having a wee dig at his mate (implying he's getting on a bit). Nothing more to it than that. Obviously Mcnamara has a sense of humour but some of our fans don't.

all the above with bells on :thumbsup2:

I didnt didnt think about it that way..Fair do's