Transfer Rumours

phoenix1876

Where are people seeing the erskine rumour ? Because I don't believe it, because hearts already have a few flare players like driver, skacel, templeton etc. they've signed hammil from killie and flynn at falkirk is linked with them too! Id happily have the 100 k and brong in consistent performers and bulid a team that can compete for promotion :)

That'd be all good and well if the money went towards allowing Jackie to bring players in but do you seriously believe that will happen?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are people seeing the erskine rumour ? Because I don't believe it, because hearts already have a few flare players like driver, skacel, templeton etc. they've signed hammil from killie and flynn at falkirk is linked with them too! Id happily have the 100 k and brong in consistent performers and bulid a team that can compete for promotion :)

Like all good football rumours people just make them up.

I've been out of the loop recently but surely I've not been away so long that Erskine is now worth half a million quid!?

Harkins was the same age when he left for Dundee and, if we are comparing Erskine to him and their respective market values, then the Glorious One was a far more accomplished all-round player and, I would argue, worth a considerably greater amount. Both players, Erskine to a slightly lesser extent in my opinion, are almost unplayable at times at this level. Again, however, both players tend to drift on the periphery of games on quite a frequent basis.

If Hearts were willing to offer anywhere between £75-100k for Erskine, I'd be seriously tempted to take it, so long as Jackie was given some of it to invest in the squad. It seemed Erskine was managing to find a bit of consistency as the season came to an end; if he can continue that into next season then I don't think it's mad to value him in the same bracket as we did with Harkins. But, at this stage, I'd be reluctant to part with that sort of dough to sign a player who has only been in the senior game for two seasons and, if we all take the rose-tinted specks off, has been notoriously inconsistent.

To be honest, though, I fully expect to see Erskine in a Thistle jersey next season.

we still ripped them off big style.

For once we come out on top after selling a player!

It's a good point. They paid more than they could afford, and they failed to get promoted. Will he be there next season? Who knows, but even if he is, there's still serious doubt about whether they could win the division.

Excellent work by Agent Harkins.

A Morton mate told me today that Stewart Kean is signing for us.

I really hope he is wrong. To be challenging for promotion we need a higher standard than someone who was not considered good enough for Queen of the South or Morton. He scored 3 goals for Morton in 27 appearances, I would be pretty disappointed with this signing.

I really hope he is wrong. To be challenging for promotion we need a higher standard than someone who was not considered good enough for Queen of the South or Morton. He scored 3 goals for Morton in 27 appearances, I would be pretty disappointed with this signing.

Who knows. He did the business with Ayr and to an extent St Mirren. Morton and QOS may have just been the wrong clubs for him. How many players have we seen over the years who have had bad spells with certain clubs but gone on to play really well for other clubs? Over the years I can think of many signings I was excited about that did f*ck all when in a jags top! And it works both ways. If Jackie Mac thinks he can do the business then why not.

I thought we should have signed Kean to replace Grady when he left for Dundee United as they were in the same sort of mould back then. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some Morton and Queens fans have made out. I wouldn't be pushing the boat out to sign him but I wouldn't be too displeased should he sign. That said, I'm not too sure he is a player who will suit the way Jackie appears to want to play. In a well organised, stuffy side, similar to the one produced by Gus MacPherson when he was at St Mirren, I think Kean would do a good job.

However, if we're signing any Morton player, I would tend to think it would more likely be Carlo Monti. Left back, formally of Celtic and was coming through when Jackie was still there.

I thought we should have signed Kean to replace Grady when he left for Dundee United as they were in the same sort of mould back then. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some Morton and Queens fans have made out. I wouldn't be pushing the boat out to sign him but I wouldn't be too displeased should he sign. That said, I'm not too sure he is a player who will suit the way Jackie appears to want to play. In a well organised, stuffy side, similar to the one produced by Gus MacPherson when he was at St Mirren, I think Kean would do a good job.

However, if we're signing any Morton player, I would tend to think it would more likely be Carlo Monti. Left back, formally of Celtic and was coming through when Jackie was still there.

Interesting as apparently he has rejected a new contract at Morton as he wishes to try his luck elsewhere :thinking: