Pre-Season Friendlies 2011/2012

Smurph

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we get the pleasure of Neil Lennon or will he be galavanting around China or something with the first team?

I just checked there and they are touring Australia in July, with a game on the 13th so I can't see the first team showing up.

To be honest I'd rather none of them showed up, especially the c*nts who follow them. If it's just a fitness/sharpening up exercise we could have played anybody and got the same out of it. Ah well, they might bring 1000 supporters and its a couple of quid I suppose.

If it's announced to be a near full strength team that Celtic are sending it could be a good crowd & get some money in.

Celtic's friendlies so far:

Saturday July 2 - Central Coast Mariners (A)

Saturday July 9 - Perth Glory (A)

Wednesday July 13 - Melbourne Victory (A)

Saturday July 30 - Inter Milan (Dublin Super Cup)

Sunday July 31 - Airtricity League XI (Dublin Super Cup)

I'm sure Celtic usually send a youth/reserve team to play Albion Rovers pre-season and bring a decent crowd. Even if it is a reserve team they should bring in more money than most others that the club could invite to play at Firhill. With it being free to season ticket holders I'd imagine if they don't get a decent crowd then these games run at a loss which leaves options on who to play rather limited.

I'm sure Celtic usually send a youth/reserve team to play Albion Rovers pre-season and bring a decent crowd. Even if it is a reserve team they should bring in more money than most others that the club could invite to play at Firhill. With it being free to season ticket holders I'd imagine if they don't get a decent crowd then these games run at a loss which leaves options on who to play rather limited.

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the folk complaining about playing Dumbarton again and no home friendlies moaning when we get something different at home. And a team that (even if it's youth and fringe players will probably bring in a few hundred paying guests).

Celtic could use our game to assess some of their players who went out on loan last season - Marr, Hutchinson, McGowan, Thompson, Towell, O'Dea, Rasmussen. The Twardziks could also play as I doubt that they will be on the Aussie tour. We may even see players who Lennon wants to put in the shop window, e.g. Hinkel, Cha Du Ri, O'Dea, Hooiveld and Juarez.

I couldn't care less what players they decide to bring. It's bad enough having those manky scumbags at Firhill for competitive games, never mind a friendly. After the way that club and their mutant followers have behaved this season, I'm disgusted that we are welcoming them.

We're playing them; welcoming them is another matter.

B)

I couldn't care less what players they decide to bring. It's bad enough having those manky scumbags at Firhill for competitive games, never mind a friendly. After the way that club and their mutant followers have behaved this season, I'm disgusted that we are welcoming them.

Wow.

Completely agree. None of us particularly like Celtic but as far as I am concerned nut hope they bring laods of fans along for this game. We clearly need the money regardless of who we are playing. Im receiving a few texts already from my future inlaws who a lot of are Celtic fans who never actually go along to watch them. However they are saying they want to come along and see Celtic playing Partick Thistle. Obviously I would rather they supported a different team but if they want to come along pay to get in which ultimately gives us some much needed cash then thats fine by me.

Main thing is the runabout for us, and it'll make us a few quid hopefully if a thousand of them show up, so i think it's daft to turn down this opportunity.

Agreed, However, my worry is Cellic sending a C team and them cuffing us. That's the kind of ammunition I'd rather not give my Celtic fan friends.

Agreed, However, my worry is Cellic sending a C team and them cuffing us. That's the kind of ammunition I'd rather not give my Celtic fan friends.

It will be worth it though if they are the ones who have dipped into their pockets to fork out money to come along. Besides Im not convinced their is a massive difference between their C squad and our first team

It will be worth it though if they are the ones who have dipped into their pockets to fork out money to come along. Besides Im not convinced their is a massive difference between their C squad and our first team

I dont think there's a massive difference between their first team squad and ours :P . My point is really that we have to win, friendly or not!!!!

Some folk don't get the difference between bigotry and anti-bigotry

Just no pleasing some folk!!! :P

In about them thistle :thumbsup2: give terry hurlock and jimmy case/kevin muscat(chance to redeem himself for previous sins)/jimmy gibson a wee run out about kick them off the park.There our joint biggest rival/derby/the enemy game and it should be treated as such.150 percent from every player on the park be like men possessed hunt them in packs get in about HARD.Need a bit of the old wimbledon crazy gang spirit or what millwall/airdrie/leeds have had in the past and our fans should make sure they get the right welcome.Big win bonus if the boys do the bizz.Massive Game.We should come out gurning like popeye in there faces or doing the haka.Get the red arrows over head aswell.Mo johnstone as half time guest.Carnival atmosphere

wonder if we'll see any union jacks at the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrIuDJbGQ0

Edited by BermondseyBoy

In about them thistle :thumbsup2: give terry hurlock and jimmy case/kevin muscat(chance to redeem himself for previous sins)/jimmy gibson a wee run out about kick them off the park.There our joint biggest rival/derby/the enemy game and it should be treated as such.150 percent from every player on the park be like men possessed hunt them in packs get in about HARD.Need a bit of the old wimbledon crazy gang spirit or what millwall/airdrie/leeds have had in the past and our fans should make sure they get the right welcome.Big win bonus if the boys do the bizz.Massive Game

wonder if we'll see any union jacks at the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrIuDJbGQ0

If anyone needed any reminding of why supporting England is even worse that supporting the Old Firm, that Youtube video is a cracker. Yes, that really is George Best in there.

Spastics.

Get them TF.

How patronising! Jags get to play a friendly with the scum's D-Squad.

If you're excited by this you're probably a McNamara fanboy who has a wee chug of delight at Thistle doing huddles and cack like that, and can't wait for your secret love (ra hoopsh) 4th or 5th choice nappy-11 to grace Firhill with their glorious presence. Hail hail.

Get them TF.

How patronising! Jags get to play a friendly with the scum's D-Squad.

If you're excited by this you're probably a McNamara fanboy who has a wee chug of delight at Thistle doing huddles and cack like that, and can't wait for your secret love (ra hoopsh) 4th or 5th choice nappy-11 to grace Firhill with their glorious presence. Hail hail.

WTF you on about, where's the excitement? What's a fanboy and who says Thistle are gona be doin huddle? Did you wake up all grumpy this morning?

Like others have said, it's a wee chance to make some money from a friendly and have a look at potential loanees, stop reading waaaay too much into.

I see Reid is finishing up with Celtic. Not that he was likely to attend the game anyway but it's good to know for sure that we don't have to welcome him.

Sorry M'Lady but he aint stepping down till later this year, but we shouldn't be welcoming him anyway as it's more likely he'll be jollying it up in Australia with the 'big' team.

Edited by Steven H