Choo Choo.

Wee Gus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was on the trainline having a look at prices, theres a train that goes from glasgow-edinburgh-newcastle-cramlington that gets in at 11.30, and theres a train that goes from glasgow-morpeth-cramlington thats gets in at 11.57.best price was around £35 return but dont want to book tickets if its not confirmed.

Doh, what game are we talking about?

Only aware of the Dumbarton and Fleetwood game, wherever thats going to be place.

blyth spartans have it confirmed on their website that are we playing them down there on july 2nd but nothing confirmed by thistle yet.

Will be Friday at the earliest before this fixture will be confirmed or not. As soon as it is confirmation will be posted on the OS. If it isn't, I'll make a post on here.

In the meantime please don't book any travel.

What are the chances of it not being confirmed?

Unfortunately it looks like all the cheap train tickets for the 9am train have gone, likewise with the train coming back, need to wait till 7.18 before getting a train. I really wish the club would get their finger out with things like this. Why is it confirmed on the Blyth site but not on ours?

Unfortunately it looks like all the cheap train tickets for the 9am train have gone, likewise with the train coming back, need to wait till 7.18 before getting a train. I really wish the club would get their finger out with things like this. Why is it confirmed on the Blyth site but not on ours?

Just looked on thetrainline.com still showing the 0900 as being £19 and the 1937 as being £9.50

I don’t know what to say Ian other than, irrespective of what is on the Blyth website, this game isn’t a confirmed fixture yet.

Knowing this, would it have been better to have said nothing and just crossed my fingers that the game went ahead as people made their travel arrangements?

I don’t know what to say Ian other than, irrespective of what is on the Blyth website, this game isn’t a confirmed fixture yet.

Knowing this, would it have been better to have said nothing and just crossed my fingers that the game went ahead as people made their travel arrangements?

Tom

Maybe the situation could have been avoided if the communication with Blyth had been a bit better? And please don't take any of my posts personally as I fully appreciate the work you do at the club.

Booked on 9am Glasgow Central arr Newcastle 11:38 (hopefully)

Coming back on 19:37 getting back 22:17

Trainline £28 (First class down only £4 extra - freebies may make this cheaper and a

also more room on the table for the cans!)

Good bus service to Blyth, return http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/serviceInformation.aspx?id=3909

Could not make this last time, but if as good as Lancaster a few years back then will be a good one.

Booked on 9am Glasgow Central arr Newcastle 11:38 (hopefully)

Coming back on 19:37 getting back 22:17

Trainline £28 (First class down only £4 extra - freebies may make this cheaper and a

also more room on the table for the cans!)

Good bus service to Blyth, return http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/serviceInformation.aspx?id=3909

Could not make this last time, but if as good as Lancaster a few years back then will be a good one.

Can anyone who went last time confirm if this is just a normal bus or is it a coach with a toilet? Could be a nightmare journey after a belly full of ale on the train :lol:

Can anyone who went last time confirm if this is just a normal bus or is it a coach with a toilet? Could be a nightmare journey after a belly full of ale on the train :lol:

To me that looks just like an ordinary service bus, ill ask on a bus drivers forum im on

It's a nae-bog double decker bus sadly, and a total dog of a journey, despite the fact it says X for Xpress it stops at every lamppost in Northumberland.

here's the bus timetable, also bear in mind it's 10 / 15 minutes walk from Central to Haymarket bus station (or 2 stops on the metro, either green or yellow line).

If there's enough of you in a group it might well be worth phoning a private hire taxi, guessing it would be about £20/25 but the bus is about a fiver return from Newcastle anyway and it would save about half an hour, which is a lifetime when bladder pressure is starting to build.

Edited by Ancipital