First Division Transer News

Dark Passenger

Is this the same Kevin Smith who was with Dundee United and Nottingham Forrest? If so would be a fairly decent signing for the first divison

He spent last season at Notts County. He was at Dundee Utd for several seasons but spent most of his time out on loan to Raith Rovers. So basically although on the books of a "big" club he's been playing lower division football most of the time.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More news than actual signing but Accies fan was telling me Hodge played a bounce game for them the other day.

I think he'll find it tough to get another club - bit of a luxury player to be honest.

His attitude seems to stink as well - A guy I work with drinks in the same place as Hodge and told me that if he didnt leave absolutely trollied then it was a surprise!

Mark Stewart of Falkirk and ex Jags youth, signs for Bradford and contrary to earlier comments, Falkirk expects some sort of payment.dont know if Jags are entitled.

Robert[boaby]Olejnik of Falkirk signs for Torquay.Falkirk now only have youth goalkeeper on books and cannot bring in any new players until some move on

Mark Stewart of Falkirk and ex Jags youth, signs for Bradford and contrary to earlier comments, Falkirk expects some sort of payment.dont know if Jags are entitled.

Robert[boaby]Olejnik of Falkirk signs for Torquay.Falkirk now only have youth goalkeeper on books and cannot bring in any new players until some move on

looked him up and apparently he's just turned 23 - which means he must have been just 16 when he left us (and 14 when he joined us). So don't think we can really claim anything. Still that explains why we let him go I suppose - we were cutting back on youth policy so let go of the better potential and kept the young forward who was old enough to play for the first team (even if he was flat footed). Can't remember his name just that he always looked flat footed to me.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Good news! It looks like Falkirk will be weaker next season. There are lots of decent goalkeepers, including some released in England, who are looking for clubs. Iain Turner, released by Everton and from Stirling, was included in one of Levein's squads last season. Falkirk should be able to get a reasonable replacement for Olejnik.

looked him up and apparently he's just turned 23 - which means he must have been just 16 when he left us (and 14 when he joined us). So don't think we can really claim anything. Still that explains why we let him go I suppose - we were cutting back on youth policy so let go of the better potential and kept the young forward who was old enough to play for the first team (even if he was flat footed). Can't remember his name just that he always looked falt footed to me.

McGoldrick?

McGoldrick?

That's the one!

I suppose the flat-footedness (if that's what it was, there was definitely something wrong) may have been something that developed as he got older and he may have looked quite promising when we first took him on.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Aye, kni. It really annoys me as the BBC used to be where I went for most of my sport related news, not the best but it used to be decent enough. Now the Premier and Football League dominate their news, only with other news if there happens to be major/grand slam tournaments in other sports.

NewsNow is a good source, providing you with the latest articles in whatever category you choose.

Bob Harris to Blackpool?

http://www.blackpool...le.asp?a=523978

Armand One and Pedram Ardalany to Alloa

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/SLF-clubs-are-thrust-back.6795379.jp?

"In the all-SFL affairs, Steven Pressley got the better of his former Hearts team-mate Paul Hartley in the first managerial meeting between the pair as Falkirk defeated Alloa 4-2 at Recreation Park.

The recently-signed striker Armand One scored at the wrong end to put Falkirk ahead before Kallum Higginbotham and trialist Farid El Alaquine made it three before half time.

Former Partick Thistle player Pedram Ardalany pulled a goal back with a lob from distance in the second period only for Tam McManus to make it four to Pressley's men."

Edited by kni