Division One Transfers

Just heard Martyn Corrigan has signed part-time for Stirling Albion. Heard he was offered more wages to do so as well, can't be right...surely!

They have no debt, we owe over a million. Also I'd expect we have a few palyers who get a good wage, several who get an OK wage and a few not so good a wage. I'd have expected Corrigan didn't get that great a wage from us as he was cover rather than a regular.

All the above is pure speculation on my part. And I should add - why would anyone know what he was offered by them and what he earned with us?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no debt, we owe over a million. Also I'd expect we have a few palyers who get a good wage, several who get an OK wage and a few not so good a wage. I'd have expected Corrigan didn't get that great a wage from us as he was cover rather than a regular.

All the above is pure speculation on my part. And I should add - why would anyone know what he was offered by them and what he earned with us?

He has friends, friends talk. I think you make a good point, it could also be the case that the bonuses are better :unknw:

One of the PropCo lies we were told was that they would take £1M off the debt bringing it down to about £700000 and freeing up cash for the playing budget.

One of the PropCo lies we were told was that they would take £1M off the debt bringing it down to about £700000 and freeing up cash for the playing budget.

There could of course be genuine economic reasons for it but what irks me is that they don't trust us to actually try to explain what has happened. Just give vapid comments about lower than expected income.

That's true to some extent but if we were taking that much off the debt surely it would have at least meant we were no worse off than before when we're now having to make all sorts of cut-backs.

Dundee have terminated Pat Clarke's contract. Dunfermline are reported to be chasing his signature.

Done deal - http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/roundup/articles/2010/07/15/402470-pars-sign-striker-clarke-from-dundee/. :(

Dundee must have financial troubles to allow Clarke to go. The squad was reportedly small so why let him go unless his contract could not be afforded?

I have no idea how a club reportedly in big debt like Dunfermline can go out willy nilly and sign Clarke, Keddie and Smith. They won't be on buttons.

We are at such a disadvantage when it comes to competing with clubs.

Edited by MWM

Done deal - http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/roundup/articles/2010/07/15/402470-pars-sign-striker-clarke-from-dundee/. :(

Dundee must have financial troubles to allow Clarke to go. The squad was reportedly small so why let him go unless his contract could not be afforded?

OR they have four other strikers all much better than Pat Clarke?

I can see that Griffiths, Higgins and McMenamin were ahead of him but they punted Antoine-Curier out on loan last season.

Yes, last season. He's now back at Dundee. It was Scott who sanctioned his move to Accies. One of the first things Chisholm did as Dundee boss was attempt to recall him.

I have no idea how a club reportedly in big debt like Dunfermline can go out willy nilly and sign Clarke, Keddie and Smith. They won't be on buttons.

I would imagine they have a board that are willing to go into their own pockets to get the manager the players he wants. That will never happen at Firhill unless there is a clear out of the current board (fingers crossed)

• Members

Looks like Dunfy are this seasons version of Dundee from last season throwing money at a manager who isn't capable of getting a team promoted.

But then again, at least Dunfy are organised well behind the scenes when it comes to raising cash. Falkirk and Dunfy are two models that someone from our board should be inspecting to see how they operate as they both seem to do well off the park when it comes to raising money.

Looks like Dunfy are this seasons version of Dundee from last season throwing money at a manager who isn't capable of getting a team promoted.

But then again, at least Dunfy are organised well behind the scenes when it comes to raising cash. Falkirk and Dunfy are two models that someone from our board should be inspecting to see how they operate as they both seem to do well off the park when it comes to raising money.

"Well organised at raising cash" "operate well off the park"

Interesting to note that Dunfermline's debt has now reached £11.7million. But their running loss was less of a loss than the previous year. So they are fine!

• Members

What I meant by that statement, which obviously hasn't come across well, is that they do a lot better from off the field activities than we do re-match hospitality ranges and other stuff like that. They're better organised and have more options.

They do however, **** up royally when it comes to spending cash no doubt whatsoever hence my comparison with Dundee! :D

Dundee have confirmed the signing of midfielders Stephen O'Donnell and Nicky Riley. One-year and six-month deal, respectively.

We need a winger and Riley might have been a reasonable option. Alternatively, he could be another Corcoran.