Hodge Axed!

Lindau

"New Jags boss Jackie McNamara has tied up a number of his out-of- contract players for the new season, but Hodge has not been offered a new deal."And he admits it has been a frustrating end to his two-year spell at Firhill. He said: “I have not had any talks with Jackie. My contract finished and that was it basically. I don’t think I will be a Thistle player next season."

Like Robertson, he did not even get a word of thanks from the management team or club officials either! :thumbdown:

So the Killie rumours were unfounded. Hodge was unlucky to get injured when his form was improving. I hope that he finds a club soon.

Edited by kni

Like Robertson, he did not even get a word of thanks from the management team or club officials either! :thumbdown:

Really, who gives a shit? I'm sure Hodge is in the same boat as Robbo in that they've been told that while the club would like to keep them on, it's probably worth their while looking for something else as things stand.

I'm sure when it becomes apparent they definitely won't be coming back the management will say so and thank them for their efforts.

Get over it, man.

He was scared to take on a player with a incisive pass or a run. He'd always pass the buck to Flannigan or Cairney and expect them to have a go. Fitted into the team alright, but there are plenty players about who can do that and who won't command a wage of a former Blackburn Rovers player. McBeth or Bannigan could do his job next season quite comfortably to be honest. I don't think I've seen a professional player sclaff the ball so much. 1 in 2 shots/crosses was mishit.

"New Jags boss Jackie McNamara has tied up a number of his out-of- contract players for the new season, but Hodge has not been offered a new deal."And he admits it has been a frustrating end to his two-year spell at Firhill. He said: “I have not had any talks with Jackie. My contract finished and that was it basically. I don’t think I will be a Thistle player next season."

So the Killie rumours were unfounded. Hodge was unlucky to get injured when his form was improving. I hope that he finds a club soon.

Funny same paper only last week or so quoted Jackie as saying he had spoke to the lads and made them aware that the situation would be reviewed over the summer.

He hasn't had any contract talks with Jackie, most of us knew that to be the case, because most of us know the matter is being reviewed over the summer, as per the "contract update" info on the official site. Do you know for a fact that he or indeed any of the lads out of contract, have not at one stage or another been thanked for their contribution to the club ?

Still don't let the facts get in the way of a moan Kni.

So the Killie rumours were unfounded.

The futures of John Robertson and Bryan Hodge remain uncertain, with McNamara saying: “I have spoken to Robbo, and I think Hodgey has had offers. It will come down to money.”

See we can all play the selective quoting game.

I honestly believe that McNamara has been as straight as possible and reading comments between the lines so far this closed season has really not been that taxing.

"Had a deal sorted and then Mixu left." - Thats what he told us at POTY. No great loss.

Hodge was uninspiring, largely average and occasionally pish.

It really depends on which Bryan Hodge we're talking about. The one that was working hard and had improved his tackling no end just prior to his injury might well be worth keeping.

I think tho' that Bannigan will replace him further up the park easily enough and I can't really see Hodge playing convincingly as a left back any more than Willie Kinniburgh at right back. Definitely need a left back.