First League Game Of Season

Prefer an away game as we'll have just had a couple of home games on the trot. Q o S would be a good one as they'll have a much changed and thus unsettled side. Selfishly I don't want one of the clubs too nearby to me as I'd rather have the shorter journeys in winter.

Think we'll take a decent sized crowd wherever we go so I'd rather it wasn't to any of my pet hate grounds (Dens, Almondvale or Cappielow).

Prefer an away game as we'll have just had a couple of home games on the trot. Q o S would be a good one as they'll have a much changed and thus unsettled side. Selfishly I don't want one of the clubs too nearby to me as I'd rather have the shorter journeys in winter.

Think we'll take a decent sized crowd wherever we go so I'd rather it wasn't to any of my pet hate grounds (Dens, Almondvale or Cappielow).

I agree, after having the two home cup games, an away start would be good, especially against one of the more "vulnerable" teams,although it might depend on how we all play in our cup games.

Ayr away has everything you could want in the first game of the season - not too far from Glasgow, terracing, Mark Roberts, pubs and ground near the centre/train station, we would take a great support down and it would be a good atmosphere. The only downside is that the first day of the season can be a dangerous time to play newly promoted teams, but it's easily the best day out in the league for me.

raith,ayr or livvy at home we do me fine.ross county would be a good day out but i wouldnt fancy going there with adams first game back in charge and them signing a few half decent players. ayr away on the first day didnt produce a good result 2 seasons ago.raith have lost quite a few guys and wont be as strong this year.