Hall Of Fame Dinner

twinny

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you nominate to be inducted in the Partick Thistle Hall of Fame?

• Danny Lennon
    • Gerry Britton
    • Mo Johnstone
    • Alan Hansen
    • Chic Charnley
    • Andy Anderson
    • Jackie Campbell
    • Alex Forsyth
    • Kenny Arthur
    • Steve Maskrey
    • Donnie McKinnon
    • Jimmy Davidson
    • Alan Archibald
    • Brian Whittaker
    • Molly Stallan
    • Alan Rough
    • John Hansen
    • Joe Craig
    • George Niven

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Andy Anderson in already? A real stalwart from the 70s and part of one of Thistle's best ever central defensive partnerships with Jackie Campbell.I don't ever remember him playing with any other team.

Absolutely agree, totally dependable, you always knew that Andy would give his all, would fit into any Thistle team, was my favourite player of that era.

Andy is in under the 71 LCF side....he seemingly came on as a sub in a game. Well I was at every LC game that season, home and away and I dont remember him playing and I know Andy has no recollection of the game. Agreed, he deserves a place under his own name and not as part of a team. Never played for another club and gave 12 years great service to the club

Official History records that Andy came on as a sub against Raith Rovers. 5-0 win at home on 1 September 1971. Was his only LC appearance.

We had already won our League Cup Section so we played virtually a reserve side in the final game against Raith Rovers - it was a midweek game at Firhill and we won 5-0. The Stadium Announcer mentioned that he was looking forward to seeing our young substitute, Andy Anderson, make his first team debut as he had heard great things about him.

Andy came on in that game for Jackie Campbell, the other central defender was Donnie MacKinnon. All three worthy of Hall of Fame status in their own right.

Ian Dick played in goal, the right back was Logan and Jimmy Mullin was up front in that game - I only have a hazy memory of them but presumably they are all in the Hall of Fame too.

Have you recited all that from memory? If so, that is brilliant! I struggle with games I went to last season, and I only get to about half a dozen matches a year.

We had already won our League Cup Section so we played virtually a reserve side in the final game against Raith Rovers - it was a midweek game at Firhill and we won 5-0. The Stadium Announcer mentioned that he was looking forward to seeing our young substitute, Andy Anderson, make his first team debut as he had heard great things about him.

Andy came on in that game for Jackie Campbell, the other central defender was Donnie MacKinnon. All three worthy of Hall of Fame status in their own right.

Ian Dick played in goal, the right back was Logan and Jimmy Mullin was up front in that game - I only have a hazy memory of them but presumably they are all in the Hall of Fame too.

Absolutely, and that was taking into account the fact that the unlikely hero of that campaign, Hugh Strachan, was being rested (or possibly injured). I was amongst the doubters when we signed him from Morton (or was it Killie?), but him and JC produced possibly the greatest rearguard action ever in that unforgettable, heart-in-mouth second half on 23/10/71.

In recent years; Danny Lennon, Archie & possible Chico & Britton.

There should probably a page on the official site dedicated to the people in the HoF, a wee bio & also allows the fans to know & remember who is in it.

This should definitely be the case as it seems quite obvious that half os us don't know who's in and who's out.

Donnie McKinnon, Gerry Britton and Danny Lennon are three certs that should be honoured in this way. I'd also add in Molly Stallan...

Totally agree. Remember the Raith game but dont remember Andy playing any part of it and believe me neither does Andy!! Remember the horrific winter of 63 as well. Could have been champions that season!

Is Kenny Watson already in? He would be my first choice.

Kenny was one of the first inductees.

The big issue is the 1971 team. They were inducted as a team but some were inducted individually, e.g. Alex Rae and Denis McQuade. As far as I know, the others have not been inducted. My first choices would be Alan Rough, John Hansen and Jackie Campbell.

Others deserving candidates include Andy Anderson, Danny Kellachan, the late Brian Whittaker (RIP), Bobby Houston, Joe Craig, Doug Somner, Danny Lennon, Chic Charnley, Kenny Arthur and Alan Archibald.

Andy is in under the 71 LCF side....he seemingly came on as a sub in a game. Well I was at every LC game that season, home and away and I dont remember him playing and I know Andy has no recollection of the game.

Utter tosh. Johnny Gibson was our substitute in the 1971 League Cup Final.

The topic has now been edited to include a poll, you can vote for multiple options as there will be 5 entrants into the HoF in total, please try not to vote for more than 5 though!

I have included all the nominations mentioned in the thread so far (except Quitongo and Callaghan), this way we can see if the forum users agree with those that eventually end up being admitted into the Hall of Fame.

Kenny was one of the first inductees.

The big issue is the 1971 team. They were inducted as a team but some were inducted individually, e.g. Alex Rae and Denis McQuade. As far as I know, the others have not been inducted. My first choices would be Alan Rough, John Hansen and Jackie Campbell.

Others deserving candidates include Andy Anderson, Danny Kellachan, the late Brian Whittaker (RIP), Bobby Houston, Joe Craig, Doug Somner, Danny Lennon, Chic Charnley, Kenny Arthur and Alan Archibald.

I would check on Dennis, more likely he has fallen and dribbled into a corner somewhere!!

Can someone explain why they think Gerry Britton would deserve a place in the hall of fame? Good player for us but didn't do anything out of the ordinary for us? I can understand players who only played for Thistle, captained league winning sides, won trophies as manager etc but don't understand why Britton would be considered?

Not sure Donnie McKinnon is in it yet. He'd be my nomination by a country mile.

Donnie is in as a member of the League Cup winning squad but should certainly be in on his own personal merits and I have written to the club to explain why :thumbsup2:

Utter tosh. Johnny Gibson was our substitute in the 1971 League Cup Final.

WTF are you talking about???? We were talking about Andy coming on as a sub in a group game against Raith!!!

Its total nonsense and its utter tosh!!!

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/3548-rory-mcallister/

Edited by Lindau

Its got to be Jackie Campbell, a one club and rarely a bad game. My hero.

TOTALLY agree! Sorry for shouting, but I'll continue to do so until he gets in. I know he's already in via the 71 team but he surely deserves his own place. One of our longest serving and classiest players, and yes, my hero too, along with King Denis.

Donnie is in as a member of the League Cup winning squad but should certainly be in on his own personal merits and I have written to the club to explain why :thumbsup2:

is he? I thought it was only the starting 11 & sub (and possibly McParland) that were inducted