Return Of The 50/50 Draw

Fawlty Towers

Saturday sees the return of football at Firhill and with it the return of the 50/50 draw.

There will be sellers at the game on Saturday so if you have a 50p piece in your pocket at the moment or get one in your change between now and Saturday afternoon it would be greatly appreciated if you use it to buy a ticket. We know that there will be at least 21 games at Firhill this season and that is 21 opportunities to win the cash prize or the mystery prize as well as raising funds to help fund youth development.

Last season we had the Lucky 50 draw and it could be that we do something similar this season (possibly over a shorter period at the end of the season though) and Jaggernaut has come up with an excellent idea relating to the game on 22nd October (buy 4 tickets get 1 free in tribute to our 4-1 win in the League Cup Final of 1971) that I hope will be taken up.

Hope to see lots of you on Saturday and over the course of the season.

Thanks for your support last season and for the coming season!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a ball!

Hopefully not everytime! It is something that I am going to discuss with the club, if we are saying "mystery prize" then it cannot be the same thing everytime. If it is to be a ball everytime then it should be stated that second prize is a signed ball and not a mystery prize.

Hopefully not everytime! It is something that I am going to discuss with the club, if we are saying "mystery prize" then it cannot be the same thing everytime. If it is to be a ball everytime then it should be stated that second prize is a signed ball and not a mystery prize.

Boo! Spoilsport.

Sales were good, I had to leave the counting early so don't know what the cash prize was but I will ask the club to put the winning numbers and the prize amount on the official site.

The guy that won the first prize knows he won - as I was standing beside the bassa!

I'm sure the dodgy announcer said the first prize was £194

That was the first prize and it has been collected.

50/50 tickets will be on sale in and around the stadium on Saturday so if you can spare 50p to buy a ticket then that will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your support.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

With programmes costing £1.50 on Saturday unless you have the correct money you will have 50p in your change, it would be very much appreciated if you would use that 50p to purchase a halftime draw ticket. In the Aitken Suite & JH Stand the 50/50 sellers are beside the programme sellers for convenience.

Thanks again for your support!

A big "thank you" to everyone who purchased a ticket yesterday and made the first prize an excellent £244! To get that amount from a crowd just under 1,300 is very pleasing and bodes well for the future.

Thanks again for your support!

That's a superb figure. Here's hoping people are seeing the way the youth set-up is benfitting us a club and that they fling that wee bit extra in to the 50/50 every home game.

That's a superb figure. Here's hoping people are seeing the way the youth set-up is benfitting us a club and that they fling that wee bit extra in to the 50/50 every home game.

Lets hope so. People were very generous yesterday and hopefully that will continue over the course of the season especially if the youngsters that get in the team perform well as that will demonstrate the value of having a proper youth set up.

Also as we start the season I would like to say thanks to Ian, Donna, Lindsey, Paul, Andrew & Grant who do such a good job of selling tickets and, of course, the supporters who buy tickets over the course of the season as it really is appreciated!

Lets hope so. People were very generous yesterday and hopefully that will continue over the course of the season especially if the youngsters that get in the team perform well as that will demonstrate the value of having a proper youth set up.

Also as we start the season I would like to say thanks to Ian, Donna, Lindsey, Paul, Andrew & Grant who do such a good job of selling tickets and, of course, the supporters who buy tickets over the course of the season as it really is appreciated!

What was the mystery prize.................. a ball maybe, :unsure:

The first prize was £284 today which given the size of the crowd is a really superb effort from you guys and just wanted to say "thanks" as it really appreciated!

With a bigger crowd against Dundee next week we are aiming to break the £300 barrier for the first time in quite a while.

Thanks for your support!

Just to give this another plug. Sellers will be in and around the stadium so if you have any spare change we will certainly be happy to take it off you!

The funds raised go to the youth development department of the club which will be a very important area over the next few years so your support is both important and very much appreciated!

Be nice to see us get over the £300 barrier tomorrow if a decent crowd is in. Last week's effort was superb given the crowd, be interesting to see if the programme being back to normal and up in price has an effect on the 50-50.

It will be intersting to see how bigger crowd with normal priced programme compares to smaller crowd with lower priced programme. Hopefully we will push through that £300 barrier today - thanks, in advance, for your support!