Craig Dargo/tam Mcmanus?

BlantyreJag

Was at the game last nite and after watching another toothless performance me and my dad started going thru strikers with a bit of experience,goalscorers and who are free agents at the moment and these were the two who sprang to mind. Surely they are better playing for us than sitting in the house and IF they fit into our tiny wage structure then would at least do a job for us to Jan plus puts them in the shop window!! We need someone to put the ball in the net or its gonna be another long season. Im surprised McManus in particular is still no got a club as he scored 7 in 11 games for Falkirk including a couple against us and Dargo a player ive always rated 33 now mind you but and if stays fit would be really good in the 1st Div. :thumbsup2:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the game last nite and after watching another toothless performance me and my dad started going thru strikers with a bit of experience,goalscorers and who are free agents at the moment and these were the two who sprang to mind. Surely they are better playing for us than sitting in the house and IF they fit into our tiny wage structure then would at least do a job for us to Jan plus puts them in the shop window!! We need someone to put the ball in the net or its gonna be another long season. Im surprised McManus in particular is still no got a club as he scored 7 in 11 games for Falkirk including a couple against us and Dargo a player ive always rated 33 now mind you but and if stays fit would be really good in the 1st Div. :thumbsup2:

i'd posted a similar comment suggesting Mark Roberts (although he's under contract) or Liam Buchanan back on loan ... any other ideas guys??

Having watched St Mirren on a number of occasions last season, Dargo would be a cracking aqcuisition for us. Just the type of player we need up front. I feel we have the wingers and creative players but we lack that cutting edge up front and we have done since the days of DC.

I'd have Dargo or McManus before either of the above.

Agreed. Surely they must be on the radar for clubs in the 1st unless they are wanting big money which would rule us and most clubs in our division out. Think we need someone in even just to freshen things up although i do rate Stewart and Doolan.

The problem is the team isn't creating good chances for the strikers. Creativity is the problem and I don't see how going out and signing another striker is going to help that.

Got to agree. It may well be our strikers aren't good enough but we'll never find out till they get some service. On the basis of our last two games their talent, or lack of, is academic.

We have missed the boat with Kenny Deuchar, Colin McMenamin, Rory McAllister, Andy Jackson, Peter McDonald, Archie Campbell and quite a few others. If McDonald and Jackson keep fit I can see Morton being up there at the end of the season. Look at the strikers they have if you add Di Giacamo and Peter Weatherston to the 3 above, compared to what we have. McMenamin and Deuchar will score plenty All these guys were available on free's. I would take Dargo, McManus or Pat Clarke in a minute. One things for sure, we have got to get someone in up front

Disagree completely. Dargo would still do a cracking job in this division if given the service from our midfield.

The problem is the team isn't creating good chances for the strikers. Creativity is the problem and I don't see how going out and signing another striker is going to help that.

This. Over the past couple of games (wasn't there last night) it seems that Rowson has been our most creative force coming from midfield. While Rowson is great defensivly, he's never been that great going forward. I would have hoped to see more of Bannigan as he seems to be able to pick a pass but until our midfield starts working to create more chances, not even having Eto'o up front would help (much).

Wrong. The problem is that we don`t have a natural striker who makes the right runs and brings others into play. What`s the point in putting balls into the box if there`s no-one there to accept them. Doolan (despite last season`s goals) is an inside man and Stewart comes in from wide positions. The problem is and has been from the start, our lack of a forwardline.

You surely can`t be suggesting that we need yet more midfielders

We have missed the boat with Kenny Deuchar, Colin McMenamin, Rory McAllister, Andy Jackson, Peter McDonald, Archie Campbell and quite a few others. If McDonald and Jackson keep fit I can see Morton being up there at the end of the season. Look at the strikers they have if you add Di Giacamo and Peter Weatherston to the 3 above, compared to what we have. McMenamin and Deuchar will score plenty All these guys were available on free's. I would take Dargo, McManus or Pat Clarke in a minute. One things for sure, we have got to get someone in up front

Reading that list of strikers we haven't got is quite alarming, especially when you mention they were available on free transfers.

Taking Deuchar out as I don't think he would be the answer, but the others...McMenamin, Jackson, McDonald (to a lesser extent), McAllister, if we are ever going to win leagues we need to be competing for guys like this.

Taking Deuchar out as I don't think he would be the answer, but the others...McMenamin, Jackson, McDonald (to a lesser extent), McAllister, if we are ever going to win leagues we need to be competing for guys like this.

Exactly..still think Deuchar would have been a good signing and as he and McAllister are part time I cant believe we couldnt have afforded them

Exactly..still think Deuchar would have been a good signing and as he and McAllister are part time I cant believe we couldnt have afforded them

For fuck sake. What is it with people on this forum? We're saying we don't supply our forwards with chances and then you highlight one (Deuchar) who creates nothing for himself and flopped with Falkirk last season. Then you mention McAllister who, by all accounts, had no intention of leaving the north east of Scotland.

It's a random fucking strikeometer. Oh, I'll drop a name there, we should have gone for him.

Jackie said at the recent EEOS night that a few unnamed players with SPL experience came in for training over the summer, but the reality of their situation had yet to hit them and they were still demanding ridiculous sums. I suspect Stuart Duff was one. Dargo may well have been another. Falkirk wanted to take Tam McManus back, but he was demanding £1,500-per-week from a club with well documented financial difficulties.

You might think we need these guys, but I don't want them until they face up to the bigger picture and simply accept the going rate.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Wrong. The problem is that we don`t have a natural striker who makes the right runs and brings others into play. What`s the point in putting balls into the box if there`s no-one there to accept them. Doolan (despite last season`s goals) is an inside man and Stewart comes in from wide positions. The problem is and has been from the start, our lack of a forwardline.

:wall:

How many goals do you need to score to be a natural striker?

Can you name the natural strikers in this league?

Doolan scored a few penalties and a lot against a near third division standard team in Stirling Albion. Thats where my doubts lie.

Then you've got Stewart not convinced, and Grehan is just pish.

Edited by MWM

For fuck sake. What is it with people on this forum? We're saying we don't supply our forwards with chances and then you highlight one (Deuchar) who creates nothing for himself and flopped with Falkirk last season. Then you mention McAllister who, by all accounts, had no intention of leaving the north east of Scotland.

It's a random fucking strikeometer. Oh, I'll drop a name there, we should have gone for him.

Jackie said at the recent EEOS night that a few unnamed players with SPL experience came in for training over the summer, but the reality of their situation had yet to hit them and they were still demanding ridiculous sums. I suspect Stuart Duff was one. Dargo may well have been another. Falkirk wanted to take Tam McManus back, but he was demanding £1,500-per-week from a club with well documented financial difficulties.

You might think we need these guys, but I don't want them until they face up to the bigger picture and simply accept the going rate.

No random names here. We are struggling for goals, these guys were all available on free's All score regularly. Deuchar, McDonald and Jackson have already scored hat tricks this season...can you see any of our forwards doing that?. You cant win on this forum with punters like you. The minute its mentioned we need a striker, you are the type to say name them. The minute they are named, you say we cant afford them. The minute you say they are free,s you still say we cant afford the wages. I assume you will be happy with Div 2 football if it happens. Well I wont. FFS Stevie Wonder could see we desperately need a striker. No goals against Hamilton and Dundee, one against Berwick and two against Stennie....nah we dont need strikers!!!! Get a life

Edited by Lindau

In addition I would have said Mark McCusker, David Weatherson, Greg Stewart and the lad Smith who was at loan on Stirling last year and scored a few against us. Each one of these is much more capable of getting goals than Grehan and possibly even Stewart. I personally feel with Grehan that Jackie needs to seriously consider releasing him, say pay him 5 months out of the 9 months he is contracted for and make some saving on the NI and tax for the club that could perhaps be left for a striker or Jackie needs to consider loaning him out to say Stirling for the season where they will at least pay a part of his wage freeing up some if not a lot of money.

Much has been made of QOS finances but they could still afford McCusker. Could we not have offered more for say Greg Stewart than Cowdenbeath a lad who seemed to score goals against quite a few teams in the divison or are we even paying less than them?

None of them are worth 1500 pounds and Im a bit disappointed if some of the players are expecting those wages. I know Dundee have been interested in Dargo. If we got Liam Buchanan on loan I would not be disappointed. One(not all) of the reasons he didnt score that much last season is I noticed he was having to spend half his time running himself ragged on the wing as Grehan and Donnelly would not play on the wing and as a result Liam would play a cross or pass to them only for them both to generally miss the target.

That's the reality of the situation. Deal with it.

But even on loan? And with situation with Stewart at Cowdenbeath or McCusker at Queen of the South could we really not have competed with those teams financially :thinking:

Also Competing a year and a half ago with Raith for John Baird from Airdrie :thinking: Quite possibly we couldnt compete who knows

But even on loan? And with situation with Stewart at Cowdenbeath or McCusker at Queen of the South could we really not have competed with those teams financially :thinking:

I don't know what you're getting at. Loans for who? You seem to think teams taking out players on loan would be expected to contribute to their wages, so surely we would be expected to do the same for loanees. Stewart? McCusker? Why would we compete for their signatures after signing Tommy Stewart?

Edited by Dark Passenger