Egm

stolenscone

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of grounds would an EGM usually be called for?

it's not an egm it's an agm to be held thur 1 sept @ 7.30 cch 304 maryhill rd

items on agenda:-

a)to note mins of ’10 agm

b)to receive audited accounts for yr end 30 june ‘11

c)approve use of independent exam of above item b

d)to receive annual report of society board

e)to receive results of election process to trust board

i think that’s about it, other tham a wee comp. on all things thistle at £2 a pop, winner gets trophy and hospitality for four at a game of your choice NEXT SEASON

it's not an egm it's an agm to be held thur 1 sept @ 7.30 cch 304 maryhill rd

items on agenda:-

a)to note mins of ’10 agm

b)to receive audited accounts for yr end 30 june ‘11

c)approve use of independent exam of above item b

d)to receive annual report of society board

e)to receive results of election process to trust board

i think that’s about it, other tham a wee comp. on all things thistle at £2 a pop, winner gets trophy and hospitality for four at a game of your choice NEXT SEASON

That would be the Jags Trust AGM tho, not PTFC EGM as the OP stated.

More info please :)

Signing off on a new set of articles of association (though no draft of what is proposed has been provided, so it's impossible to comment);

Excluding the operation of a certain provision of the Companies Act (though I'd need to wait until I'm in the office before I could check the effect of this); and

Disapplying the director conflict of interest rules (presumably an overdue housekeeping matter to do with the property company, but understandably concerning / open to abuse, if it's done without any specifity, as seems to be the case here).

If the Jags Trust were minded, no doubt they could poll members before the meeting and perhaps table a counter motion to allow the board to achieve what they need to achieve viz the property company, while not giving them carte blanche to cut across the interests of other stakeholders, but these are just my immediate thoughts. I'm trying to take a step back from all the politics. It can be quite wearisome, as you know.

Signing off on a new set of articles of association (though no draft of what is proposed has been provided, so it's impossible to comment);

Excluding the operation of a certain provision of the Companies Act (though I'd need to wait until I'm in the office before I could check the effect of this); and

Disapplying the director conflict of interest rules (presumably an overdue housekeeping matter to do with the property company, but understandably concerning / open to abuse, if it's done without any specifity, as seems to be the case here).

If the Jags Trust were minded, no doubt they could poll members before the meeting and perhaps table a counter motion to allow the board to achieve what they need to achieve viz the property company, while not giving them carte blanche to cut across the interests of other stakeholders, but these are just my immediate thoughts. I'm trying to take a step back from all the politics. It can be quite wearisome, as you know.

and in language that anyone can understand?

and in language that anyone can understand?

By the sounds of it, they're changing the Club's constitutional rules to make it easier for those who have both shares in PropCo (who own the City End and Main Stand) and in the Club, to operate free from a certain set of legal obligations. Directors in particular are required either to avoid and declare conflicts of interest in certain circumstances. Because the Club owns half of PropCo, the Club's Directors (some of whom also hold shares in PropCo) could be seen to be acting in a way contrary to the interests of the Club if they did something in relation to PropCo on behalf of the Club that better serves their individual interests than those of the Club.

I'm sure stolenscone will be able to pad it out a little once he's had a chance to look at the particular sections of the Articles of Association and the Companies Acts. IIRC the Club uses a modified version of the 1985 Model AOA.

Essentially, it's a case of the lunatics being allowed to take over the asylum for their own gains, and removing any security preventing them from doing so.

For disapplying the directors conflict of interest rules, read disapplying the protection that Company Law gives stakeholders for a very good reason and admitting that conflicts of interest have existed all over this for too long now.

Frankly, you are barking mad if you agree to this (unless you sit both sides of the fence)

This might be the nudge I need to go nuclear on propco.

The simple fact of the matter is that there are emails floating around which shows that conflicts of interest existed and were not in my opinion (and the opinion of professional ethics bodies on a no names basis) adequately safeguarded against. The individuals concerned who got the benefit of the doubt as to taking us in a new direction either knew or ought to have known that these conflicts existed and were not adequately safeguarded against and so are as guilty as the deed doers. People can protest their innocence all they like, we are now faced with a situation that they want to dismantle the protections that company law give on this very matter which to me suggests that they have never treated the conflict of interest issue with anything but contempt.

Sorry, to get all ranty but you will see a million posts by me on this over several years.

And an end to a proper audit process within 12 months of people clamouring for independent financial audit of the books.

So in summary this is all about less independent scrutiny and less protection.

Partick Thistle really has become the prostitute of Scottish football, its been f*cked by so many middle aged men in the last few years.

Edited by jaf

For disapplying the directors conflict of interest rules, read disapplying the protection that Company Law gives stakeholders for a very good reason and admitting that conflicts of interest have existed all over this for too long now.

Frankly, you are barking mad if you agree to this (unless you sit both sides of the fence)

This might be the nudge I need to go nuclear on propco.

The simple fact of the matter is that there are emails floating around which shows that conflicts of interest existed and were not in my opinion (and the opinion of professional ethics bodies on a no names basis) adequately safeguarded against. The individuals concerned who got the benefit of the doubt as to taking us in a new direction either knew or ought to have known that these conflicts existed and were not adequately safeguarded against and so are as guilty as the deed doers. People can protest their innocence all they like, we are now faced with a situation that they want to dismantle the protections that company law give on this very matter which to me suggests that they have never treated the conflict of interest issue with anything but contempt.

Sorry, to get all ranty but you will see a million posts by me on this over several years.

And an end to a proper audit process within 12 months of people clamouring for independent financial audit of the books.

So in summary this is all about less independent scrutiny and less protection.

Partick Thistle really has become the prostitute of Scottish football, its been f*cked by so many middle aged men in the last few years.

Best line written on this forum so far, and sadly very true :(

As for the rest of your post, spot on but what do we as fans do about it? The Jags Trust is probably the only 'major' shareholder who is actually for the fans but the fans have become so sick of it that it is now more ineffective than it has ever been. They are the only ones who can put in motion some sort of counter motion to protect the club but I fear that ship has sailed long ago. The current club board effectively gave the JTB enough rope to hang itself and the JTB duly slipped the noose round their neck and kicked the chair away themselves :(

So, how can we "go nuclear on Propco"?

Best line written on this forum so far, and sadly very true :(

As for the rest of your post, spot on but what do we as fans do about it? The Jags Trust is probably the only 'major' shareholder who is actually for the fans but the fans have become so sick of it that it is now more ineffective than it has ever been. They are the only ones who can put in motion some sort of counter motion to protect the club but I fear that ship has sailed long ago. The current club board effectively gave the JTB enough rope to hang itself and the JTB duly slipped the noose round their neck and kicked the chair away themselves :(

So, how can we "go nuclear on Propco"?

Not enclosing the Mem and Arts before the meeting is another reason to be worried; that is unusual behaviour. I wonder what lurks in these changes, and why do I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that when the devil in the detail emerges, it would be the removal of some more protections of one type or another.

What can we do?? Well i will gladly chuck money into a pot, speak to every press contact I have, and share the file I have on propco, if there are any other people who care, then lets go for A Disqualification of Directors court application on grounds of misfeance and breach of duty in respect of not ensuring that adequate safeguards were put in place during the propco transaction to avoid a significant conflict of interest arising.

The problem is - and this is what they bank on every time - in the end we always turn out to be (with the odd notable exception) an apathetic lot.

Not enclosing the Mem and Arts before the meeting is another reason to be worried; that is unusual behaviour. I wonder what lurks in these changes, and why do I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that when the devil in the detail emerges, it would be the removal of some more protections of one type or another.

What can we do?? Well i will gladly chuck money into a pot, speak to every press contact I have, and share the file I have on propco, if there are any other people who care, then lets go for A Disqualification of Directors court application on grounds of misfeance and breach of duty in respect of not ensuring that adequate safeguards were put in place during the propco transaction to avoid a significant conflict of interest arising.

The problem is - and this is what they bank on every time - in the end we always turn out to be (with the odd notable exception) an apathetic lot.

Ok, that sounds like a start. Would this be the kick that's needed for people to 'gatecrash' (for want of a better word) the upcoming JT AGM? Get the fans who care enough in there whether JT members or not and get some sort of plan started...I know, deid duck and all that, but it doesn't have to be and would be the best vehicle for such an action.

In addition, would Mr Lottery winner be prepared to put his money where is 'love of his life' words is? Get some folk, like yourself, Double Ugly, Stolenscone etc, (because they have a lot more knowledge on this situation than most of us) to give him the full picture of what is happening at our Club and see if he would be prepared to at least get involved. Is that a viable option?

I think, given these latest developments, it's 'call to action' time because if/when these changes go through we are well and truly at the mercy of the conflict of interest brigade and that terrifies me. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, hoping for the new dawn that was promised, but the attempts to remove the Company Law protections removes any benenfit of any doubt (as does the fact this Propco scheme seems to have failed miserably).

He is in no way at all a Partick Thistle fan. Lets forget that and move on.

Do you know him? I tend to agree, any Thistle fan would have come forward by now I reckon, but he said it so what harm is there in testing the water. Also, another fan confirmed him as a Thistle fan in another thread (I know, could all be a load of crap) but we have nothing to lose.

Do you know him? I tend to agree, any Thistle fan would have come forward by now I reckon, but he said it so what harm is there in testing the water. Also, another fan confirmed him as a Thistle fan in another thread (I know, could all be a load of crap) but we have nothing to lose.

You're right we have nothing to lose.

But what is the use in approaching folk asking for their money, like beggers.

They know where we are, they will know how to get in touch.

For some reason people like to tout the name Partick Thistle, which give the deluded majaority of our fans a "hope" that a miracle is about to unfold. Lord Alan Sugar mentions he wants to buy a club and drops our name, Robbie Williams pretends to be our manager to pull some bird in Austria, Mike Baldwins son on Corrie is asked if its rangers or celtic, but comes out with Thistle instead.

This guy is just another newspaper clipping for the scrap book of thistle refrences.

If he does buy us and ploughs some money in then I'll be the first to eat my words, but its never going to happen

You're right we have nothing to lose.

But what is the use in approaching folk asking for their money, like beggers.

They know where we are, they will know how to get in touch.

For some reason people like to tout the name Partick Thistle, which give the deluded majaority of our fans a "hope" that a miracle is about to unfold. Lord Alan Sugar mentions he wants to buy a club and drops our name, Robbie Williams pretends to be our manager to pull some bird in Austria, Mike Baldwins son on Corrie is asked if its rangers or celtic, but comes out with Thistle instead.

This guy is just another newspaper clipping for the scrap book of thistle refrences.

If he does buy us and ploughs some money in then I'll be the first to eat my words, but its never going to happen

Not talking about him buying us, just meaning fill him in on the details of what is happening at the club he says are one of the loves of his life and see if there is any way he'd be prepared to help. If going to court was an option we chose to persue then it would cost money. Not sure how much, but also not sure if we would be able to clamber out of our apathetic mindset enough to raise the required funds.

Anyway, this is deflecting from the true problems here.

Forget the lottery guy. Bearing in mind JAF's characterisation of the club, stumbling into the arms of any rich guy and asking him to save us because we're a lovely wee club is just to invite more of the sort of shafting we've been getting for a decade. What sort of philanthropist would throw away cash into PTFC when there are genuinely deserving causes everywhere you look? They will all want their pound of flesh and won't hesitate to take it, even as they tell you how Thistle-minded they are. Only the collective effort and resistance of the fans ever could or ever will save the club. Good luck with that hopeless cause.

Look back at the promises to protect Thistle's future after the Save the Jags period from Hughes and McMaster and Cowan and Prentice and Springford. And then every single one of us should hang our heads in shame for letting them turn that into what we've got now and are about to get with bells on.