Shaun Fraser Out On Loan To Stenhousemuir

Alan Murray

Well with Grehan also gone we must be bringing in a new forward: hope it's someone worth the wait.

If we could get in an extra defender - someone who can play centre and full back and maybe midfield too in a pinch then I'd feel more comfortable. I've felt our worst problems this season have been sloppiness at the back and need to put more pressure on the defence to perform.

And I see Kinniburgh is injured and won't play tomorrow so we need the extra cover too. Don't know if we can afford it though.

Edit to add: yes I expect young Fraser will do well. He's got the physical presence and he does seem to have an eye for goal. Will be looking out to see how he does.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We definitely need a new striker coming in, and it looks like we'll be getting one. The official site says "New signing" but the page is unavailable.

Fraser going on loan will do him the world of good and hopefully he can score a few whilst he's gone. Regular football is what he needs and if Stenhoursmuir can supply him that that is fantastic. If he manages to score a few his confidence will go right up and he should perform better for us that he has done before.

Surely Fraser should be our striker on the bench and we should be farming out the other 2 who don’t look big enough/confident enough to a lower league team?

This new signing better be good (and big) ((and able to score)).

we see him once in a blue moon, Jackie sees him daily in training so must have a better idea what he needs.

sure he spoke about Fraser when he was at the EEOS meeting and said at the time he wasn't fit enough to go on loan but that it was something that was always planned :thinking:

could be wrong so am happy to be corrected

Hopefully it will do him good.

I always thought Fraser looked better than Burns from their limited first team experience. His movement was better and he had a decent shot on him. Obviously McNamara has an issue with his weight but as I said in the other thread it must have been a gain over the summer as whilst stocky he wasn't being held up by being unfit; certainly no more than the likes of Marc Corcoran or even Tommy Stewart at the moment.

I always thought Fraser looked better than Burns from their limited first team experience. His movement was better and he had a decent shot on him. Obviously McNamara has an issue with his weight but as I said in the other thread it must have been a gain over the summer as whilst stocky he wasn't being held up by being unfit; certainly no more than the likes of Marc Corcoran or even Tommy Stewart at the moment.

You must remember Fraser is at least a year younger than Burns. He was only 17 when he was getting some run-outs for the first team. If Burns is only on a shorter contract too, then it makes more sense to give him the chance to show what he can do (hopefully we'll get a few decent results soon so the manager will feel more able to give the young players a chance).

It will be good for Fraser to get a regular run in a team and it could be a good learning experience.

I always thought Fraser looked better than Burns from their limited first team experience. His movement was better and he had a decent shot on him.

Agree tho' Burns is a different type of player. Had Kieran not had his injury he might have been impressing more but imo he appears to have lost a yard of pace but can hopefully get that back.

Stenny look quite a professional outfit and have a handful of experienced players. Hopefully Shaun will get plenty of games.

Agree tho' Burns is a different type of player. Had Kieran not had his injury he might have been impressing more but imo he appears to have lost a yard of pace but can hopefully get that back.

Stenny look quite a professional outfit and have a handful of experienced players. Hopefully Shaun will get plenty of games.

The injury was the reason why Burns, like Stevenson, was only given a one-year deal. Both have to prove their fitness and ability this season.