Scottish Independence

honved

Surely they, and the rest of the English right-wing, should be agitating vigorously for Scottish independence? :thinking:

They know how valuable Scotland is to the UK economy, their not daft Guy, and while they perpetrate their anti Scots lie's, it diverts the gaze of the English electorate away from their own incompetence. "It's all those whinging Jock's Fault", and sadly it works. but one day the English public will wake up.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know how valuable Scotland is to the UK economy, their not daft Guy, and while they perpetrate their anti Scots lie's, it diverts the gaze of the English electorate away from their own incompetence. "It's all those whinging Jock's Fault", and sadly it works. but one day the English public will wake up.

Spot on. If we go, then they will lose their favourite pet punch bag. Hopefully the English public will get wise to it, for their sake as much as anyone's. Failing that, I would really hate to be an asylum seeker, muslim or single mother in a post-Scotland UK!

A little tune to welcome the new leader of the Scottish Tories...

My link

I couldn't care less what her sexuality is. Scotland is ill represented without a sensible voice for the right.

Despite what the Nationalists would like to beleive, the Scottish people are not all the same. Nationalism is an excluding and intolerant ideology. Such a cheap personal jibe at someone with different views shows just that.

I am not a Tory voter but find the SNP far more difficult to stomach than the modern Conservative Party.

I couldn't care less what her sexuality is. Scotland is ill represented without a sensible voice for the right.

Despite what the Nationalists would like to beleive, the Scottish people are not all the same. Nationalism is an excluding and intolerant ideology. Such a cheap personal jibe at someone with different views shows just that.

I am not a Tory voter but find the SNP far more difficult to stomach than the modern Conservative Party.

That is the biggest load of tosh I had read so far on this thread. The SNP have very much embraced and championed the concept of civic nationalism, as you will see if you bother to pay attention to the varying backgrounds of its party members. I am not aware of anyone from the party suggesting that Scottish people are "all the same". However, if you can put me right on that then please go ahead.

Can we take it that you think British Nationalism (i.e. Unionism) is OK? That we're all "Brits" together, unlike Johnny Foreigner?!

I see the British nationalists aren't saying too much on the current immigration scandal. What a total and utter embarassment the ConDems are.
I applaud your restraint, Grant. Probably the kindest words attributed to the current British 'Government' since they accepted Betty's offer. Edited by Blackpool Jags

i don't trust the S.N.P. i think they would be happy to turn scotlands into another yugoslavia, with their anglophobic nonsense

Cheers mate, your post should ensure that this thread runs well into the weekend. Alex Salmond as a warlord responsible for ethnic cleansing of who exactly? As someone (not me) famously said of the former Yugoslavia: "Beautiful country, with beautiful languages, cultures and peoples. Fascist racists f***** it up." Sorry, but no comparisons to Scotland.

I'm no SNP fan but I can't see them having the balls to take Scotland from their vision of being a modern federal state to one that would best be described as being primitive and tribal. And that's even with me throwing in the notion of loyalist / unionist strongholds emerging (that was just a wind-up btw).

i don't trust the S.N.P. i think they would be happy to turn scotlands into another yugoslavia, with their anglophobic nonsense

And we have a contender for the strangest post on this thread. It's frankly absurd to compare the possibility of Scottish independence with anything that happened in the former Yugoslavia, and to suggest that the SNP would be 'happy' to do so, it's so absurd in fact that it's not worth typing any more on the subject.

And we have a contender for the strangest post on this thread. It's frankly absurd to compare the possibility of Scottish independence with anything that happened in the former Yugoslavia, and to suggest that the SNP would be 'happy' to do so, it's so absurd in fact that it's not worth typing any more on the subject.

Not to mention the totally catastrophic lack of punctuation and grammar....

:rolleyes: