81 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want friday night games?

• Yes
    • No - Work/Travel
    • No - Just dont like friday Football
    • No - Other
    • Worth a try
    • Who Cares

Rumour has it Jackie mentioned at the Meet the Manager night, that the Morton game at the end of the month will be moved to the friday night.

Think this could turn out to be a great idea.

A. Our home support couldn't get much worse.

B. Morton and Thistle fans get on well, so may entice friends to meet up for a post work, pre match swally.

C. It may encourage non Jags fans to attend.

Here's looking forward to it.

:thumbsup2:

Rumour has it Jackie mentioned at the Meet the Manager night, that the Morton game at the end of the month will be moved to the friday night.

Think this could turn out to be a great idea.

A. Our home support couldn't get much worse.

B. Morton and Thistle fans get on well, so may entice friends to meet up for a post work, pre match swally.

C. It may encourage non Jags fans to attend.

Here's looking forward to it.

:thumbsup2:

oh well that all us that work and don't live in Glasgow shit it then, IMHO a very crap idea, you go out on the piss on a fri not to a match :thumbdown:

A Potty brained idea.I have been totally against the idea of Friday football since it was first suggested & I have already e-mailed the club

of this.Never received a reply.

I am a season ticket holder & if Friday night becomes a regular fixture night I will not be renewing my ticket & will probably stop going to the games.

I am sure I will not be the only one.

Have to say not a bad idea so looking forward to it. As for getting on with Morton fans I work down here in Greenock and have to say that they are the biggest bunch of idiots that I have ever met. Some of them still think you need a passport and innoculations to get out of Greenock....if only they knew you need them to get in.

Working down here they definitely think they are certs for promotion however I think that their squad is too small and at some point later in the season suspensions and injuries will take its toll and obviously us beating them......as for Cartsdyke dont even get me started though the banter by the young team on the opposite platform can be hilarious at times...... though you just have to mention the word soap and they run a mile :lol:

Not a great fan, but worth a try for 1 game at least. Much more that that would require involvement from the fans, imo.

personally i think the club will notice a big drop in the crowed, with travel/work or people just having other stuff planned for a Friday night.

might try to get there just to see how viable it is but cant see it working for those of us that have to travel.

Crap idea - totally against it

One of my mates is a season ticket holder who travels up from London for nearly every home game - Having done it myself before I moved back to Scotland - the only way you can do it is book flights months in advance when the fixture lists come out and you get extremely pissed off when you then have flights that are wasted due to changing of fixtures

We had a thread about this a few weeks ago and the overwhelming opinion is that Friday night football is a no-no. As I posted on another thread surely if there was ever the time for a Friday night game it should've been this weekend? Even at that I'd have said a Sunday game would have been preferable.

Simple question, are there more folk that can make a Friday night game than can make a Saturday afternoon game? Also, as for away fans, if the game was at Cappielow on a Friday night are you more likely to attend than on a Saturday?

I hope this isn't true as Morton traditionally bring a relatively large crowd. If they have to experiment with Friday night football at least try it against a team who only bring a handful of fans.

personally i think the club will notice a big drop in the crowed, with travel/work or people just having other stuff planned for a Friday night.

might try to get there just to see how viable it is but cant see it working for those of us that have to travel.

How big a drop?

this season in the league, through August our crowds have dropped from 3065 v Dundee, through 2501 against Hamilton to 2045 v Queens.

Last year we played Dunfermline in September and had a crowd of 2188.

We played Morton in November with a crowd of 2536. Then in April infront of 2060.

So say our basic crowd is 2000, possibly increasing v Morton. How much of a drop would you say moving to a Friday would bring?

As you say, playing on a Friday may interupt those who work.

But how many finish early on a Friday?

How many go for a pint on a Friday so the Mrs doesn't allow them to go on a Saturday?

How many youngsters don't make the games on a Saturday as they work part time?

I would hope, as it is a first, it will encourage folk to put in for a half days holiday, meet up with their mates, and maybe encourage stay away, part time fans, to attend.

When push comes to shove, just treat it like you would, any other mid week game. Only make a night of it because you're off on the Saturday. :thumbsup2:

Crazy idea. We're lucky in the 1st division that we get traditional 3pm on saturday kick-offs. And that keeps blokes out of the shops, not the pub.

Edit: ps the neds at Cartsdyke are OF neds from the scheme not Morton fans.

Edited by alx

How big a drop?

this season in the league, through August our crowds have dropped from 3065 v Dundee, through 2501 against Hamilton to 2045 v Queens.

Last year we played Dunfermline in September and had a crowd of 2188.

We played Morton in November with a crowd of 2536. Then in April infront of 2060.

So say our basic crowd is 2000, possibly increasing v Morton. How much of a drop would you say moving to a Friday would bring?

As you say, playing on a Friday may interupt those who work.

But how many finish early on a Friday?

How many go for a pint on a Friday so the Mrs doesn't allow them to go on a Saturday?

How many youngsters don't make the games on a Saturday as they work part time?

I would hope, as it is a first, it will encourage folk to put in for a half days holiday, meet up with their mates, and maybe encourage stay away, part time fans, to attend.

When push comes to shove, just treat it like you would, any other mid week game. Only make a night of it because you're off on the Saturday. :thumbsup2:

IMHO easily lose 200- 300 due to travel/work but would happily, be proved wrong if it brings in more money just don't think it will

if i treat it like any other mid week game i wont be going....due to work/travel :rolleyes:

I'm against it. I don't go to college on a Friday, and given it's the evening it doesn't matter, but football should be on Saturdays at 3pm. That's just the way things are.

What about season ticket holders? What if they can't make any of the Friday games due to work commitments?

What about season ticket holders? What if they can't make any of the Friday games due to work commitments?

I don't imagine one game being moved to an unsuitable time would have any great effect on next season's ST sales. But if we have league game postponements thru bad weather or more positively from a Cup run resulting in additional further home league games being played at night then you've got to sense that some ST holders will be questioning the value of buying a season ticket.

A Potty brained idea.I have been totally against the idea of Friday football since it was first suggested & I have already e-mailed the club

of this.Never received a reply.

I am a season ticket holder & if Friday night becomes a regular fixture night I will not be renewing my ticket & will probably stop going to the games.

I am sure I will not be the only one.

A potty brained SFL idea and one that they wanted to test out using PTFC. I can't see it becoming a regular thing..

I don't imagine one game being moved to an unsuitable time would have any great effect on next season's ST sales. But if we have league game postponements thru bad weather or more positively from a Cup run resulting in additional further home league games being played at night then you've got to sense that some ST holders will be questioning the value of buying a season ticket.

I'm sure most season ticket holders will be all right if they had to miss one game, but it should be on their own accord, not just changing a games day for no decent reason. Postponed games are fine - there isn't a lot that can be done to stop these - but just changing a games date is silly imo.

I hope this isn't true as Morton traditionally bring a relatively large crowd. If they have to experiment with Friday night football at least try it against a team who only bring a handful of fans.

This.

If they were going to experiment and play about with such fixtures, it should be against a team that traditionally has a small away support at Firhill, so the club could firstly guage if it made a positive or negative impact on the home support (for both season ticket holders and PATG).

Then, and only then (if attendances is found to be healthier), should a game against the likes of Morton be considered for such a kick off day and time.

Personally i'm against Friday night games, what with intergallactic travel as it is, a Friday night would be no more attractive to me than a Tuesday or Wednesday game which is harder to do than a home (or away) game on a Saturday at 3pm.

Edited by yoda-jag