Questions For The Club

Col

• Administrators

Thinking of contacting the club to ask some questions about the outcome of today's EGM and the future of the Club, so please post any questions you have on this thread and we will include them in the email.

All answers will be posted on the forum, if we get them.

Cheers

Thinking of contacting the club to ask some questions about the outcome of today's EGM and the future of the Club, so please post any questions you have on this thread and we will include them in the email.

All answers will be posted on the forum, if we get them.

Cheers

Is the club in danger of going into administration or about to enter a time of financial/administrative turmoil?

Is the club in danger of going into administration or about to enter a time of financial/administrative turmoil?

How about explaining why the rule change proposed (but knocked back) was necessary and why it wouldn't impact on the security of the club? Also do they feel they made a mistake not explaining this properly and to as many folk as possible before the EGM?

Edited by Mr Bunny

From what I understand, the M&A need to be updated, particularly considering the balance of power at PTFC lies outwith the boardroom. I understand that since DB and BA have assumed control of the Club we have improved financially (by relying on Europa to make the cash balance look better while the overall debt level increases?). Perhaps that is good enough to indicate DB and BA do have the best interests of Thistle at heart.

But the elephant in the room is most definately the conflict of interest arising from DB and BA being heavily involved in propco while calling the shots at PTFC at the same time. With that in mind, it is a big leap of faith, bigger even than the CF leap, and without assurances regarding the Propco issue there was never a chance of the motions being approved today.

Ideally, I would like to see a seperate group formed who would represent PTFC's 50% share in Propco (and for this share to be valued when it comes to voting, although maybe only giving 49% rather than 50% when it comes to voting). This group would have no personal interest in propco, but would be looking to ensure the Club is safeguarded. This would avoid the scenario where DB and BA COULD IN THEORY have a meeting between themselves (if these motions were passed) whereby they use their 'power' at PTFC to vote something through for the benefit of propco AND to the detriment of PTFC. Is that over simplifying the situation.

So, with all that in mind, I would ask:

Is there still scope for negotiations to reach some sort of middle ground on this issue?

Edited by Steven H

I guess the obvious question I want to ask, as I am not clued on on what goes on internally at the club is;

Are David Beattie and or Billy Allan continuing on at the club?

If yes, are they in ANY position at all to provide extra funding at all to the running of the club?

If not, What position does the club need to be in for this particular situation queried above to become a possibility?

Very basic questions yes, but I am not very knowledgeable on the goings-on at the club and would like simple answers to those very simple questions, if that's not asking too much.

Apart from the obvious drawback of a points deduction would`nt Administration allow the club a new start and is this something the club have considered?

IIRC, under the terms of the Propco alliance with PTFC, the 50% stake we hold in Propco would switch from a PTFC stake to a Propco one, for heehaw. I also think Propco would have the right to buy the rest of Firhill for buttons, but could be way off on this part). We would be left homeless, penniless and dead in a gutter.

• Administrators

Don't mean this to come across as sounding facetious but who are these questions being directed to? Who is the Club?

Well the Club being Partick Thistle Football Club and the questions will be directed at whoever is best placed to answer them. We are just wanting to come up with a list of questions that the fans feel they need answers to.

This is mainly focusing on today's EGM and what the repercussions of the outcome of the vote will be. Also what the plans are for the future of Partick Thistle FC. So, i'm guessing these questions will need to be answered by members of the board or the person that the question relates to.

We are hoping that the board will stick to the attitude of "working with the fans" that they announced when joining and will be able to shed some light on some of these important issues so that we can all get a better understanding of what is going on at Partick Thistle FC.

Cheers

Who provided the club board with the legal advice that there were no conflicts of interest??

Who asked if there were any conflicts at a PTFC or Propco board level and who reassured them that there were none??

Propco was conceived on Cowans watch. With his legal background, did he not urge caution and warn against the potential conflicts of interest and build safeguards into the process? Or did he?

Presumably a shareholder and office holder of PTFC was not drafting any documentation in respect of propco whioh would include himself as a stakeholder and then giving that to another professional firm to badge; surely that might be a bit of a conflict if he was so doing?

In the propco deal - Who negotiated on behalf of the club the terms of the deal and who negotiated on behalf of propco? How was the deal struck?

Well the Club being Partick Thistle Football Club and the questions will be directed at whoever is best placed to answer them. We are just wanting to come up with a list of questions that the fans feel they need answers to.

This is mainly focusing on today's EGM and what the repercussions of the outcome of the vote will be. Also what the plans are for the future of Partick Thistle FC. So, i'm guessing these questions will need to be answered by members of the board or the person that the question relates to.

We are hoping that the board will stick to the attitude of "working with the fans" that they announced when joining and will be able to shed some light on some of these important issues so that we can all get a better understanding of what is going on at Partick Thistle FC.

Cheers

Thanks, Admin. As I said it wasn't a facetious question. I've been assuming that if you direct a question to the "Club", and it's answered, the person doing the relying will be David Beattie or the reply at least will be sanctioned by him. After today I'm not so certain that David Beattie and the "Club" are synonymous :unsure: .

• Administrators

Thanks, Admin. As I said it wasn't a facetious question. I've been assuming that if you direct a question to the "Club", and it's answered, the person doing the relying will be David Beattie or the reply at least will be sanctioned by him. After today I'm not so certain that David Beattie and the "Club" are synonymous :unsure: .

No worries, I know what you mean - all we can do is try though. We will try and gather up important questions and ask someone at the club to give a response. I think it's only fair that the person concerned should be able to answer that question, but like you say it will no doubt have to be signed off and we can't guarantee any decent answers.

The new board have said they wanted to involve the fans more though, so I think this is a perfect opportunity for them and so far the communication surrounding this EGM has been pretty lacking.

Cheers

No worries, I know what you mean - all we can do is try though. We will try and gather up important questions and ask someone at the club to give a response. I think it's only fair that the person concerned should be able to answer that question, but like you say it will no doubt have to be signed off and we can't guarantee any decent answers.

The new board have said they wanted to involve the fans more though, so I think this is a perfect opportunity for them and so far the communication surrounding this EGM has been pretty lacking.

Cheers

As far as I'm concerned no news is good news as I fully expected an announcement to be made today that Beattie and Allan had left the building and we would be totally ******.

there is no atmosphere at firhill now. u cant swear, u cant sing. i feel really apathetic about firhill. it doesnt have the soul it had in the 80s. the days of the shed.ask them about that

Was in the pub 2 nite with 3 Rangers fans who said the exact same about Ibrox....considering they get 49,000 usually and we get just over 2,000 dont think we are doing too bad. To be brutally honest and as much as it hurts to say... I think the end is close for Thistle

Was in the pub 2 nite with 3 Rangers fans who said the exact same about Ibrox....considering they get 49,000 usually and we get just over 2,000 dont think we are doing too bad. To be brutally honest and as much as it hurts to say... I think the end is close for Thistle

I think that there are more than a few other clubs in a much worse financial position and overall state of health than Thistle.

Edited by Jaggernaut