Morton Game

Julie Ann

somewhere else on this forum someone said the next game against morton had been changed to the friday night. any confirmation of this? the club website has no mention of it and the fixture list shows it on the saturday,

This is where it all started - http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/4354-friday-night-football/

As noted, Jackie said last week that this was the case although there has been nothing officially confirmed as yet

somewhere else on this forum someone said the next game against morton had been changed to the friday night. any confirmation of this? the club website has no mention of it and the fixture list shows it on the saturday,

I'm not sure it has been confirmed, but it looks pretty likely. If you search the forum for friday night football a longer thread concerning it, which I think has a newspaper article where Jackie mentions it.

Bought Season Ticket thinking matches would be played on Saturdays. How wrong was I? Another kick in the teeth for tth regular football supporter. If this had been announced before the season started, fair enough, but these crackpot schemes being introduced during the season just shows how those running the show little regard for the fans and further devalues Season Tickets. Watch their sales plummet next year. :angry:

Bought Season Ticket thinking matches would be played on Saturdays. How wrong was I? Another kick in the teeth for tth regular football supporter. If this had been announced before the season started, fair enough, but these crackpot schemes being introduced during the season just shows how those running the show little regard for the fans and further devalues Season Tickets. Watch their sales plummet next year. :angry:

Totally agree mate!

Well thats a game im not going to dont get from work tiil 6 then time i get cahanged fed and travel through from grangemouth id miss most of match.. Glad they thought about the supporters when they thought about this... no wonder fans arent going to games were just second class idiots who pay for everything or so they think............

I've a family trip to Liverpool, leaving Friday and returning home on the Sunday. Didnt matter what day that weekend they played the game, I was never going to make it. I do feel for the fans who are at work and will now miss this match when they would have made the Saturday.

Bad planning and little consideration for supporters and feel we may take a hit on the attendance that day.

Well thats a game im not going to dont get from work tiil 6 then time i get cahanged fed and travel through from grangemouth id miss most of match.. Glad they thought about the supporters when they thought about this... no wonder fans arent going to games were just second class idiots who pay for everything or so they think............

Can't you just go to Glasgow when you leave work?

Just go straight from work.Like a man.

sorry got to park company truck up at yard in falkirk so no chance of going straight from work , think we need to see what crowed will be to see if its worthwhile to do again as i think it wont be......

Och there must be a way, the train from Falkirk to Glasgow is only like 20 mins. Sorted!

sorry got to park company truck up at yard in falkirk so no chance of going straight from work , think we need to see what crowd will be to see if its worthwhile to do again as i think it wont be......

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd ain't bad but with Morton doing well in the league it was always going to be a decent turn out.

As for doing it again if it looks a goer, fair enough, but not this season. That would be totally unfair on many season ticket holders.

Anyway three questions....

What genius came up with this Friday night malarkey that couldn't have thought it up prior to the fixture list coming out?

Why us as guinea pigs?

Why mess about with the fixture that was always going to be one of our better attended games?

If it all goes pear shape are we going to be compensated by the SFL?

Oops that was four questions :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

What genius came up with this Friday night malarkey that couldn't have thought it up prior to the fixture list coming out?

Why us as guinea pigs?

Why mess about with the fixture that was always going to be one of our better attended games?

If it all goes pear shape are we going to be compensated by the SFL?

Oops that was four questions :)

Haven't you noticed how well the SFL have been running things down the years?? Of course it's all for the best in the best of all possible leagues!

Haven't you noticed how well the SFL have been running things down the years?? Of course it's all for the best in the best of all possible leagues!

Yeh I see what you mean. Purring away in the background like a Rolls Royce engine there's just no call to lift the bonnet.

I see the SPL are just as competent by selecting the Aberdeen v Pars fixture for a Friday night boost. It's not that Dunfermline fans will have far to travel or that much of the Dons fanbase come from out of town or anything.

We're really blessed that Scottish football is in the safe hands of the like of Mssrs Doncaster & Longmuir.

If you all loved Thistle that much you wouldn't have moved away from Glasgow in the first place.

Because we love Thistle so much distance doesn't come into it. Anyway my boss is a Jags lovin' softie. Well he was this morning when I looked in the mirror.

You're up early, uber. Thought you weren't going to the game?

if friday night games work then so be it.. its just that at the moment in my hectic life i can only go to weekend games and with the fixtures this season it was looking good but if it changes to friday every cpl of months then thatll be the games ill miss such is life, but ill always support the jags in anyway i can.............................................

Because we love Thistle so much distance doesn't come into it. Anyway my boss is a Jags lovin' softie. Well he was this morning when I looked in the mirror.

You're up early, uber. Thought you weren't going to the game?

Unfortunately I'm not but I'm doing a Subcrawl today and knew the eggby was on the telly so woke up early like a kid at Christmas.

seems the whole idea of Friday night football is to increase attendances, I wonder what would happen if we charged £10 for adults and gave season ticket holders £7 vouchers to use in the Jags shop or catering kiosks, would that encourage lapsed fans / neutrals

Edited by fergie