Jags Players

brodieboy

Ah - glad I didn't make a sarky comment now :lol:

Just googled him and found this. A site I've stumbled upon in the past but can never find it when I want to, fairly up to date (end of last season). It seems Adams played for us until 1998 and I started going in 1997, I don't remember him - I only remember a handfull from that season - but I might have a look in some programmes next time I'm back home.

Here's a wee bit of info about him.

When he was with us,he was voted Scotland's or Britains bachelor of the year.

WHY DO I KNOW THAT.

Edited by thornwoodjag

Great stuff I'm always looking for any assistance.

i also have a few gaps in these team groups 1997 Youth team and 1997-98 Youth team ? :thinking:

Ok, 1997/98 : Back row first player on Left is Chris Edwards; Front row: Second from right is Tony Fraser and far right is Chris Collins

1997 : Front row second from right is Bryan Smith

1996/97 : Top row 4th from left is Chris Plews; Front row : Third from left S.Gold, 4th from left Chris Collins :thumbsup2:

Shaggy for Scotland has to be the most gifted player we have had in recent years. Unfortunately, by the time we got him, he was too probably old/injury prone to go on to better things. Well, to Dundee United, but that wasn't a massive step up at that time. Not that it stopped him being described as the 'New Alan Hansen' - at the age of 27. He's still my Thistle hero.

Thanks, eh 1999-00 ?

Well I should be able to help you with this one as it was me that took this particular photo ! So, Back row 3rd from left is Chris Plews; 4th from left Alex Smith; 3rd from right Chris Edwards; 2nd from right Steve Smith; far right Alan McCawley

Front row : far left Willie Reid; 2nd from left Chris Ratcliffe; far right Des Kelly

At that time I took a second photo which included the coach who was ex Thistle keeper John Arrol. If you want a copy let me know :thumbsup2:

Well I should be able to help you with this one as it was me that took this particular photo ! So, Back row 3rd from left is Chris Plews; 4th from left Alex Smith; 3rd from right Chris Edwards; 2nd from right Steve Smith; far right Alan McCawley

Front row : far left Willie Reid; 2nd from left Chris Ratcliffe; far right Des Kelly

At that time I took a second photo which included the coach who was ex Thistle keeper John Arrol. If you want a copy let me know :thumbsup2:

Yeah that would be great e-mail me at stuthejag @ hotmail.com

jamie mitchell and manny panther

maybe not bigger things but I thought both could have more than held their own in our Division.

Off on a tangent, I don't like to mention a couple of the youngsters from a few seasons back as they never really received the dedicated coaching at the most important time of their development. One or two might have made it for all we know. :unsure:

John Arrol, seem to remember him getting injured vs Motherwell but was a great goalie! Jackie Campbell really should have played for Scotland, more recently, certainly Quinten Jacobs and Peter Lindu. The bold Chic as mentioned earlier, should have done much better but we haven't really had anybody of any class for a while!

John Arrol, seem to remember him getting injured vs Motherwell but was a great goalie! Jackie Campbell really should have played for Scotland, more recently, certainly Quinten Jacobs and Peter Lindu. The bold Chic as mentioned earlier, should have done much better but we haven't really had anybody of any class for a while!

Yeah! Arrol was a great keeper. If he hadnt broken his leg that day in the Scottish Cup tie Roughie would NEVER have got back into the team I remember that game I was there and Jackie Campbell went in goal and made a fine save from Willie Pettigrew to gain a repaly. Campbell was a great palyer, my Jags hero :)