Ayr United Fans

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Superb today, great atmosphere in the away end, and continued going right to the end.

Must have been difficult seeing our midfield CRUSH them in the second half!

I Acually didnt think there were great tbh, yeah there singing but there chants aree all bullshit, singing celtic songs, trying to do what the green brigade do. hopeless

Like a huddle? :thinking:

My take on this element of the Ayr support is that they were daft wee laddies looking for a fight and if they ended-up battling with themselves (as some have suggested) this just reinforces my thinking.

However, I think the OP was trying to point out that they kept singing and making a noise even when their team was 3-0 down. Commendable.

they were scrapping with there own fans :blink:

from the ayr forum

"Was ashamed to be an Ayr United fan while walking to the ground today with what I saw. Ayr fans fighting ayr fans is beyond stupid and the looks on the police faces when they found out showed how bewilder linked they were about it as well. First one I saw was a 'ayr fan' who must of been in his late 30s early 40s with a cap on who randomly started punching a 18 or 19 year old ayr fan. He is a complete disgrace to his club and I hope he is extremely proud of himself. At least if you get to that age you would think he would be able to swing a punch but the wee lad just took the punches then looked about wondering what just happened.

Not long after that two other 'ayr fans' started fighting anther ayr fan. Good job boys good job. The "do you know who I am" was laughable and I wish they had at least filled us with some vast knowledge and given their names."

My link

About a dozen of them came into the Woody.One of them appeared to get a message on his mobile & they all left & started fighting in Woodside Rd.They were late twenties to early forties.total prats.Probably inbreds.

Sorry should have made that clear only Ayr fans fighting.There were a few Ayr fans in the Woody having a quiet drink as per normal for away fans

& they were as bemused as everyone else at what happened.

Just ayr fans though?

It was only the Ayr casuals in the Woody, I couldn't be arsed getting out my seat to go to the door and see what was going on but they were scrapping with another group of blokes a bit further down the road, no idea who, I presumed our 'mob' but maybe not if they were fighting with each other elsewhere.

Must of been prepared for a real barney up in the Star as all the glass framed prints etc had been taken off the walls.

Either that or they're re-decorating :)

The hilariously named "Football Intelligence Unit" must have had prior knowledge of this, given the number of polis around both before and after the game. Ayr casuals must be pretty dim, given that our mob and Airdrie's managed to outwit the polis in Arlington St last year.

The hilariously named "Football Intelligence Unit" must have had prior knowledge of this, given the number of polis around both before and after the game. Ayr casuals must be pretty dim, given that our mob and Airdrie's managed to outwit the polis in Arlington St last year.

From what I've heard the police took 25 minutes to respond to the trouble at the woodside yesterday.

It was only the Ayr casuals in the Woody, I couldn't be arsed getting out my seat to go to the door and see what was going on but they were scrapping with another group of blokes a bit further down the road, no idea who, I presumed our 'mob' but maybe not if they were fighting with each other elsewhere.

casuals are all pure sad. the n.g.e. have a video on you tube and theres a snippet from a newspaper on it talkin about the last time we played airdrie and they had a fight. the article basically said 'old sad has beens having a fight on maryhill rd.' the article goes on to tell you how pathetic all these 40 somethings looked fighting. Dunno why they put it on their video are they proud of being mocked by a journo?

Edited by fatha bacon

From what it looked like in the Woody, the police had no idea about it.

The heavy police presence before the game would have been their response to what had happened. The fact that they took nearly half an hour to appear outside the Woody after it happened showed how caught off guard they were.

The Ayr fans fighting amongst themselves happened around Firhill before the game. Definitely didn't happen outside the Woody.