Celebrity "jags Fans"

Jaggernaut

Darius, according to his official website. That's probably old hat, but this one, from today's "Kent Online" surprised me:

GORDON HENDERSON, Sittingbourne and Sheppey (Conservative)

Cheerfully independent, Gordon Henderson has finally made it to Parliament at the third attempt and at the age of 62.

Victory is a sweet one for this avowedly local candidate - he has lived on Sheppey for 30 years - given that he had thought he'd won last time only for those hopes to be dashed after a recount.

He describes himself as a true "Man of Kent", growing up on a council estate and going to local schools before leaving at the age of 16 to work for Woolworths as a stockroom assistant in Chatham.

He carved a career there, staying for 15 years and becoming a store manager before leaving in 1979 and taking on new challenges - including running his own restaurant in South Africa. He is a self-employed management consultant.

His affection for Sheppey is captured by his willingness to be labelled an adopted "Swampie" and he is proud of his links to the community.

Gordon is married to Louise, has three children and seven grandchildren, who are all girls. He is also a long standing supporter of Gillingham FC and Partick Thistle FC.

Politically, he is on the right of the party and has not hidden his Euro-sceptic views, signing up to the "ËœBetter Off Out of Europe" group.

He recently said that he had "no ambition to climb up the greasy pole" - and he is less like a careerist politician than most - and cited Frank Field, the long-standing Labour MP as someone he admired.

Little known fact: He has written five unpublished novels and many short stories

Ideal job: MP for Sittingbourne and Sheppey

:thinking:

Darius, according to his official website. That's probably old hat, but this one, from today's "Kent Online" surprised me:

GORDON HENDERSON, Sittingbourne and Sheppey (Conservative)

Cheerfully independent, Gordon Henderson has finally made it to Parliament at the third attempt and at the age of 62.

Victory is a sweet one for this avowedly local candidate - he has lived on Sheppey for 30 years - given that he had thought he'd won last time only for those hopes to be dashed after a recount.

He describes himself as a true "Man of Kent", growing up on a council estate and going to local schools before leaving at the age of 16 to work for Woolworths as a stockroom assistant in Chatham.

He carved a career there, staying for 15 years and becoming a store manager before leaving in 1979 and taking on new challenges - including running his own restaurant in South Africa. He is a self-employed management consultant.

His affection for Sheppey is captured by his willingness to be labelled an adopted "Swampie" and he is proud of his links to the community.

Gordon is married to Louise, has three children and seven grandchildren, who are all girls. He is also a long standing supporter of Gillingham FC and Partick Thistle FC.

Politically, he is on the right of the party and has not hidden his Euro-sceptic views, signing up to the "ËœBetter Off Out of Europe" group.

He recently said that he had "no ambition to climb up the greasy pole" - and he is less like a careerist politician than most - and cited Frank Field, the long-standing Labour MP as someone he admired.

Little known fact: He has written five unpublished novels and many short stories

Ideal job: MP for Sittingbourne and Sheppey

:thinking:

Well that's really one to be proud of.

Safe choices to coincide with his political beliefs then

Was Craig Ferguson ever a regular at Firhill prior to his mega fame?

Been here before but I don't mind saying it again.

I remember seeing him there. He's even said it live on American tv, when talking to Jennifer Love Hewitt who clamied to be a Celtic fan. Is her hubby Glaswegian or something?

Alasdair Burnett (former ITN news anchor) was a big Jags fan, 800 Club Member (I'm sure he won a prize once) and often referred to that when reading out football scores. I remember once he read out midweek scores, and after reading out Meadowbank Thistle earlier, read (something like) Ayr United nil, THE Thistle one! Happy days. I believe he was a junior reporter in Glasgow so it started there. Doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of a Spitting Image caricature though.

Stewart Hall though, I love that one and have heard him profess it. He's one of a kind, and a (UK) national treasure.

Been here before but I don't mind saying it again.

I remember seeing him there. He's even said it live on American tv, when talking to Jennifer Love Hewitt who clamied to be a Celtic fan. Is her hubby Glaswegian or something?

Alasdair Burnett (former ITN news anchor) was a big Jags fan, 800 Club Member (I'm sure he won a prize once) and often referred to that when reading out football scores. I remember once he read out midweek scores, and after reading out Meadowbank Thistle earlier, read (something like) Ayr United nil, THE Thistle one! Happy days. I believe he was a junior reporter in Glasgow so it started there. Doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of a Spitting Image caricature though.

Stewart Hall though, I love that one and have heard him profess it. He's one of a kind, and a (UK) national treasure.

Aye, I think she is married to an actor called Rory McCann.

Laura Kussenberg, the strange-faced ITN journalist, is apparently a Jag; as is Cat Harvey, the strange-faced radio presenter.

Both right, related v closely to the first, the second used to run the Summerston bus in the early 90s. Interesting description of their appearances. What does that mean?